Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 12:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
HGrove,
That's sick!!! I never really thought about it, but the Losi body DOES look like a Toyota with the TRD hood scoop! Love it, it's simple but looks great. Very cool and looks like something you'd see out at the CORR races! I vote yes for the grill and the Losi headlight covers

Thanks man glad you like it!! It is based off a CORR truck! Heres a picture of the truck johnny greaves used to drive..Now he drives an all Monster Energy truck but EVERYONE HAS Rockstar/Monster/Redbull designs. Plus i know for a fact nobody will have this one
Old 04-28-2011, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hgrove99

My buddy just finished this for me! Not sure if i should even put headlights/tail lights...what ya think?
Great paint job. I love the sct trucks with realistic paint schemes. I vote to add the headlights and grill stickers.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is there anywhere you can buy the kit at the moment?, looks like there all on backorder, does anyone know how far away new stock is?
Old 04-28-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
I might just make some out of carbon fiber if I can't find any
I already beat ya to the punch.. lol

Murdered5T..
If you will bring me your truck, I will fix the diffs with OFNA parts and all problems will go away. After the first issue with the pins I bought AE pins.. Then the AE pins cocked sideways in the diff destroying the gears. After hounding Horizon for parts I gave up on them and did the OFNA fix. Zero issues since and don't plan on having any either. The fix also replaces those aluminum bushings and makes the diff a million times easier to work on. Especially for my older customers who need bi-focals to work on their truck as it is.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RACETEK
I already beat ya to the punch.. lol

Murdered5T..
If you will bring me your truck, I will fix the diffs with OFNA parts and all problems will go away. After the first issue with the pins I bought AE pins.. Then the AE pins cocked sideways in the diff destroying the gears. After hounding Horizon for parts I gave up on them and did the OFNA fix. Zero issues since and don't plan on having any either. The fix also replaces those aluminum bushings and makes the diff a million times easier to work on. Especially for my older customers who need bi-focals to work on their truck as it is.
Do you have part numbers for the gears and pins?
Also, where did you get all those carbon fiber goodies for your truck?
Old 04-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

fix the diffs with OFNA parts and all problems will go away. .... The fix also replaces those aluminum bushings and makes the diff a million times easier to work on.
Could you post a little more detail about this?
Old 04-28-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

From A-Main
OFN21003 - gears and pins (only using the small bevel gears and pins..)
KYO96775 - Kyosho bevel gear washer/shims or any 4x10x.15 washers
You will need two of those behind each bevel gear to help things mesh properly. At least that's what mine needed.

Just basically pull the losi or AE pins out and toss em on the side.. Same with the Losi gears, tiny washers and aluminum bushings and replace with OFNA gears, Kyosho washers (or equivalent). The shafts are a touch too long. You will need to trim equal amounts from both ends of the pin. It is nothing major, it isn't so much that you need to cut it off with a wheel. Just a touch on the grinder or dremel tool and all will be good.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

^^^ first good post in awhile is it the same gear ratio? edit i counted the teeth I guess so

Last edited by Chase1472; 04-28-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

From A-Main
You will need two of those behind each bevel gear to help things mesh properly. At least that's what mine needed.

Just basically pull the losi or AE pins out and toss em on the side.. Same with the Losi gears, tiny washers and aluminum bushings and replace with OFNA gears, Kyosho washers (or equivalent). The shafts are a touch too long. You will need to trim equal amounts from both ends of the pin. It is nothing major, it isn't so much that you need to cut it off with a wheel. Just a touch on the grinder or dremel tool and all will be good.
I think this needs to be added to the first page.......
Old 04-28-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just a heads up, snrgraphite.com just listed their graphite long ackerman drag link on their site. I just snagged five of them myself. It says there's still five in stock. Get em while you can!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

FYI I have also gotten a few emails about the springs on my truck.. They are XRay 808 fronts on all four corners.
Using part number KYOIF346-05B you can adapt kyosho, xray or any other spring that diameter to your stock losi shocks (just pay attention to the length). The parts are $9.25 @ A-Main, minus the cost of springs. You will use the upper centering ring, lower spring cup and the shock end. The set doesn't include the balls for the end. I bought some at my lhs from Traxxas for a couple bucks. The difference is that I now have a plethora of spring choices rather than two plus one I can't get anywhere.
Sorry cell phone pic..
Old 04-28-2011, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lon_L
I received my pins today, but no gears . My gears are shot, I mentioned it when I called about the pins and was told I would receive gears as well. I had one of the very first Retail trucks and my pins were worn half way through before the hot topic became non hardened pins. The gears running wobbly led to premature wear and failure.
Hey, at least you got the pins??? i emailed them a month ago with no response yet and then again i submitted the PDF file of the pin request form about 3 weeks ago.. still no replies and my gears are toasted also (from pin wear)

From A-Main

Thankyou for finally posting this.. this is the way a diff is suppose to look.. the losi setup with aluminum blocks isn't going to last with the brushless motor setups..
now find outdrives and driveshafts, cause they are the next item you'll notice failing..
Old 04-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I serviced my diffs yesterday and discovered excessive wear(inmagine that ?) so I contacted HH again hopefully for a set of better qaulity pins and now the wait is on.
Mean while last night under the influence of several Anheiser products I got to thinking about how long my wait may be and decided to experiment. I found the diff pins were the exact diameter of a couple broken Allen driver bits I saved (2.97mm) and got busy with the dremel and a file.

I made these and will be installing them today to test. The fit is better than the worn pins so I have faith they will work, the tool is def tempered because after some filing with my high qaulity German made file it is wrecked and now worthless

The pin set on the left are the used pins and the new ones on the right

Last edited by Bondonutz; 04-28-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Sorry DB
Old 04-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

That's what I'm talking about adapt and overcome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.