Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kotu100
anyone break the servo holder/receiver box?
mine broke toward the front of the truck where the servo bolts to the mount, now it flexes like crazy.

already ordered a replacement just wanna see of anyone else broke theirs.
I've done it on my truggy. Usually a really hard chassis slap or nose dive will do it. I've pm;y seen it happen 2 times, once to myself on a hard chassis slap.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

[QUOTE=8ight-e;8924044]
Originally Posted by jhautz
I would love to do this but skids are no good out racing. They get hung up and make the truck inconsitent over jumps bumps etc. God forbid you have any carpet on jumps, it will stop you dead in your tracks if it catches on that. Great for a basher or occasional racer though. I'd like a hybrid from tbr that doesn't include skids...
I'm hesitant for the same reason. Not a big fan of the skid plates either. Id actually love to see a simplified bumper that bolts on to the same place as the stocker. But, I'm gonna give it a try. If I stop trying stuff I won't find anything I like better. If it turns out I don't like it, its only 4 screws to throw the stocker back on there. Honestly I'm pretty hesitant to change anything on this truck right now. It was handling so good the last time I had it out I'm afraid to mess anything up. LOL. But, I cant stop messing with it. It seems that it just keeps getting better and better the more I drive it and try different stuff and dial it in to my liking. Some stuff stays and some stuff doesn't.

Honestly all of the setup work will be out the window soon. Going from the smooth indoor track to the bigger blown out outdoor tracks this spring will probably require a totally different setup and it will be time to start from scratch again.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
Just trying something. Not sure if anyone has tested this or not but I picked up the T-Bone rear bumper for the Ten-T and put it on the SCTE instead of the stock bumper. It knocks a half oz off of the weight from the trimmed down rear bumper I had and more than that vs the stock uncut rear bumper. Looks like it should work. I'm a little worried about how the back of the body will hold up but I'm gonna try it and see. The durango truck doesn't have any rear bumper and they don't seem to have an issue with the body holding up. I considered ditching the rear bumper all together but, this at least offers a little protection to the back of the car.

Anyway... seems like a cheap option to save a half oz. Same or more weight savings as the titanium turnbuckles and thats $60. This part is $11.

http://t-bone-racing.net/Brand-A-M/L...AC02-p166.html

great idea! I swear I was just looking at the DE page last night and said the same thing. I was worried that I HAD to use the stock bumpers with this setup. I wasn't feeling the whole stacked bumper deal. Why have 2 bumpers on each end. Anyways great idea and thanks for posting bro.

ohhhhh I see its only the rear.....sounds crazy but do you think the rear wd work up front so you don't have to stack another front bumper onto the stock one?
Old 04-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chiatw73
hi guys.. got the alu front/rear brace to stiffen up the chassis and to add some bling rear fits ok, but for the front it seems the 3 stock screws are too long?! weel i thot if the stock screws ain't gonna fit at least Losi should provide the correct screws? most spare screws i have are metric so they wont fit, and its silly now dat i have to make a trip to the hardware shop for 3 screws.. anyone had this issue?

anyways looking for some spares to stock, which part of the truck usually gives way 1st? apart from screws, A arms? cos its seems lots ppl are buyin them? thots?

thanx
It's the same issue for everyone. All I did was take my wire strippers that have the threaded holes for cutting screws and shortened mine up. Added some loc tight and problem solved.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Rear Bumper

Well, we got the first of the altered parts. The next shipment of rear bumpers should have this updated boss on it. As you can see, for those that are having trouble with the original (which I never have or anyone testing the truck had), these should remedy any issues. The original is on the left for comparison.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-rbumper.jpg  
Old 04-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LRPO
great idea! I swear I was just looking at the DE page last night and said the same thing. I was worried that I HAD to use the stock bumpers with this setup. I wasn't feeling the whole stacked bumper deal. Why have 2 bumpers on each end. Anyways great idea and thanks for posting bro.

ohhhhh I see its only the rear.....sounds crazy but do you think the rear wd work up front so you don't have to stack another front bumper onto the stock one?
IMO the front a way more critical than the rear, and the stock front bumper seems to be taking the abuse with little to no issues. I don't want to mess with that. The rear stock bumper was already broken and being held together with zip ties so I figured I try this and see how it works. I don't think the T-Bone front Ten-T bumper will come out far enough anyway. Would probably tear up the front of the body pretty fast with a short front bumper.

BTW: This is the rear bumper for the Ten-T not the SCTE. SOunds like you were thinking this was the SCTE Skid plate from T-Bone.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hacker07
Well, we got the first of the altered parts. The next shipment of rear bumpers should have this updated boss on it. As you can see, for those that are having trouble with the original (which I never have or anyone testing the truck had), these should remedy any issues. The original is on the left for comparison.
Nice. Certainly wont hurt anything and will help durability for us less skilled drivers that do sometimes land on the rear bumper harder than we should. Mine made 3-4 race days but did eventually break in that same spot.

Love seeing that you guys are listening!!!! Thanks man!!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Ryan , that is SWEET ! Looks like it should hold up with the extra material at that point . Now the impact energy should be absorbed a little more and the bumper will flex instead of cracking at that mounting point .

Losi might want too do the same at the ends of the rear a arms also ? I havent broken one but others have commented on them splitting at the ends where the outer hindge pin goes through .....
Old 04-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Ryan , that is SWEET ! Looks like it should hold up with the extra material at that point . Now the impact energy should be absorbed a little more and the bumper will flex instead of cracking at that mounting point .

Losi might want too do the same at the ends of the rear a arms also ? I havent broken one but others have commented on them splitting at the ends where the outer hindge pin goes through .....
Already working on the rear arms.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Already working on the rear arms.
As Tony The Tiger would say; "Your Grrrreat"!!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

here is a pic of my wed day
Old 04-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-phone-upload-043.jpg

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-phone-upload-046.jpg

Couple shots of my simple paint job. From reading on here and some other forums i am going to go with the Tekin RX8 esc and either the tekin or novak motor. Not 100% on the motor yet. I have a futuba S9351 servo for it already. Should be up and running really soon.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-money
Pretty sure most of us have been there I feel your pain.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-money
WOW
Old 04-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

any chance we will get these as replacements for the trucks we bought?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.