Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxfastguy35
does anyone know if the Losi "smart diff" will fit in the center of this truck? its made for the 8 scale buggy and truggy but i was not sure if it was the same. it seems like a good concept.
Won't fit. To big.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
Ummmmm.... They dont call it boost, but it does have timing advance that you can define when it "turns on" which is all that boost is.

I think you can get alot of answers on this one. Personally, I prefer to have the timing advance come on late. To me it makes the low end smoother to drive and really you only need the boost at the very top end of the rpm range to get that little extra top end when you need it. With the 4.5 I would have it start sometime around 22,000 and have it finish around 28,000. It should make it feel like it gets a little kick just as its getting up to top speed on the straight, but still keep it smooth and drivable on the bottom end. 30% timing advance at those rpm would be a good place to start.
Thank you sir! Thats what I was looking for.....when to have the timing advance "turn on".
Old 04-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Addict

Default which esc? mmp or havok pro sc???

Which esc would work better in this truck havok pro sc, or the mmp. Used my mmp today and thermaled it. But the fan was bad to begin with.
So in my stock pile of stuff, I do have a new mmp and novak speedos.
I want to try to keep my truck from going into flames.
Suggestions????
What are your experiences with each on this particular truck?thanks.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I am sorry but no. These are a running change due to feedback. The stock part survived a 7 foot drop test multiple times and hours and hours of testing on the tracks by 6 different drivers. They are fine and most have not broken them. I chose to make this modification to simply make it stronger still. I have primarily seen these break now in very cold temps.
if i were to backorder the rear a-arms and rear bumper, would i recive the updated ones or is there going to be some of the old ones in stock first??

also will you guys be changing the front bumper brace plastic to something more flexable? mine turned a lighter color and cracked

and FYI the center of the stock wheels have turned a lighter color but have not cracked yet
Old 04-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well, we got the first of the altered parts. The next shipment of rear bumpers should have this updated boss on it. As you can see, for those that are having trouble with the original (which I never have or anyone testing the truck had), these should remedy any issues. The original is on the left for comparison.
Ryan,
Those look great! I really think the added material around the screw will hlep. Let me know if you'd like me to "test" them for you. I'll be at OCRC both Saturday and Sunday incase you're gonna be there. Thanks for your hard work!
Old 04-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Well, we got the first of the altered parts. The next shipment of rear bumpers should have this updated boss on it. As you can see, for those that are having trouble with the original (which I never have or anyone testing the truck had), these should remedy any issues. The original is on the left for comparison.
Like others have said this is great support!!

THANKS!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

this truck is awesome! cant wait for the next race...

Last edited by sir miles; 04-07-2011 at 01:46 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default mods needed for Tekin 2650..

to guys using the above motor or similar,

to wat extend do u remove the bottom brace/motor support? any pis would be very nice noted there are 2 screws which may obstruct the fatter motor mounting, do u remove them as well? dun wanna remove any materials more than i have to..

thanx
Old 04-07-2011, 04:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LRPO
great idea! I swear I was just looking at the DE page last night and said the same thing. I was worried that I HAD to use the stock bumpers with this setup. I wasn't feeling the whole stacked bumper deal. Why have 2 bumpers on each end. Anyways great idea and thanks for posting bro.

ohhhhh I see its only the rear.....sounds crazy but do you think the rear wd work up front so you don't have to stack another front bumper onto the stock one?
I wouldnt be opposed to running it on the front too. how does it fit on the front?
Old 04-07-2011, 04:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kotu100
anyone break the servo holder/receiver box?
mine broke toward the front of the truck where the servo bolts to the mount, now it flexes like crazy.

already ordered a replacement just wanna see of anyone else broke theirs.
Make sure your end points are set. too much steering throw puts added stress on the reciever box and servo mount.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wldmoose
ROFLMA.... now THAT is funny !!!
I know. Thats why i posted it. Just like the video. Its funny.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by russp
Which esc would work better in this truck havok pro sc, or the mmp. Used my mmp today and thermaled it. But the fan was bad to begin with.
So in my stock pile of stuff, I do have a new mmp and novak speedos.
I want to try to keep my truck from going into flames.
Suggestions????
What are your experiences with each on this particular truck?thanks.
My experience is the MMP is crap, I'd run anything but that.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Awesome truck

Well finally went to get my truck and it seems great!!!
I know I have to change the diff pins so I ordered hardened ones from MSC and they will be here today for me to modify.
When I have the diffs apart I will be changing to fluid when you guys say 7/5/3 that'd 7000 wt front 5 center 3 rear diff correct
I'll be running on hard packed dirt track would this be a good setup to start or should I try something different.
Thanks Mike
Old 04-07-2011, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i'm goin to be running my truck on an outdoor th scale track with med grip. my question is i have 2 motors to choose from the 1415 2400 castle and 1410 3800 castle. what motor would be better for the out doors? also what pinion should i start with?
Old 04-07-2011, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

That is AWESOME! Glad to see you and Losi are listening to our feed back.

Great work!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.