Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ram4whldr
I have heard some people having issues with the truck nosing down when coming off of jumps and when I ran mine for the first time a couple days ago it was doing the same thing on many jumps. Can anyone give me some ideas as to what I should try to fix this? Maybe raise the front ride height? Thicker rear shock oil? Etc?
mine jumps great.. not sure what setup you have to start with or what type of track you run on, how big of jumps etc.. but I run stock front springs w/ 40wt ae oil (37.5 losi) and 30wt ae rear (27.5), and love it. This is for a small indoor track, when I get outside as the weather clears I may soften the front to 35wt losi oil You do want it to pitch down in the front a little from jumps anyway, but I'm guessing your problem is more or you wouldn't be asking.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I have heard some people having issues with the truck nosing down when coming off of jumps and when I ran mine for the first time a couple days ago it was doing the same thing on many jumps. Can anyone give me some ideas as to what I should try to fix this? Maybe raise the front ride height? Thicker rear shock oil? Etc?
Alot of factors come into play here..
*Track size?
*Pinion size?
*Motor Turn?
Old 04-01-2011, 05:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
dont use drag brake
mine did the same With Out Drag Brake, I turned the throttle trim up a lil till just below where the truck wants to go on it's own. helped out alot and makes it alot easier to correct with throttle too if you still end up needing to.
I wonder if every one having this issue is running the 1415 castle?
Old 04-01-2011, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I think this truck flies alot more level then the "other guys" trucks .

Heck I almost had to re learn jumping after I started running my Hyper it would nose over so much . After a little setup and practice it got much better .

Is this your first 4x4SCT Ram4wldr ? It takes a little getting used too staying on the throttle a little longer after leaving a jump .
Old 04-01-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I definately had to change my driving style from what I was used to while jumping. Some fixes may be, no drag brake, more throttle while jumping, bigger pinion if temps allow, tad lower rear ride height(usually does the trick for me), maybe thinner rear shock oil(not sure havent tried it) etc.......
Maybe more people can add to the list..

Move battery to the rear of the tray.....
Old 04-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Casey or Ryan,

Can either of you (or anyone else for that matter) post a pic of what holes you open up on the stock body? I opened the row of holes at the lower edge of the windshield and the two big faux fan openings behind the cab. What other holes do you open up?

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
Casey or Ryan,

Can either of you (or anyone else for that matter) post a pic of what holes you open up on the stock body? I opened the row of holes at the lower edge of the windshield and the two big faux fan openings behind the cab. What other holes do you open up?

Thanks!

There are spots on the very back end of the body by the rear bumper that you can drill out .
Old 04-01-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
There are spots on the very back end of the body by the rear bumper that you can drill out .
This is what most do.. I saw some of Casey's pics and they were similar.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
This is what most do.. I saw some of Casey's pics and they were similar.

He pretty much got it, except we do not open up the hood scoop as that creates lift.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

To All...if you check out the Losi page, the new HD lightened outdrives were put up under the whats new section...

http://www.losi.com/Search/Default.a...=LatestRelease

I am not putting this on here as a sales thing, I am simply letting you know they are up as I am sure many of you will want them. I can tell you, it doesnt seem now like we ordered enough...so if you want them, get them on BO. I am having them place another order already as well. And they will be here before May.

Center:
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB3576

Front/Rear:
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB3575
Old 04-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is my first SC. I have always run 1/8 nitro buggy and truggy. I will have to try staying on the throttle a little longer after the jump. I have zero drag brake in my setup. I am running stock shock oils. I have a RX8 / SC4X 5.5 in the truck w/ a 14t pinion. Battery is all the way back.

I run on large outdoor 1/8 style tracks and the jumps are mid size to large.

Hopefully this information will help some of you give me some advise on things to try to get the truck to not nose down when flying off of jumps.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Sweet. are these harder than the regular ones? The regular outdrives are way too soft (at least the ones I've got on my cars as they have shown quite a bit of wear).

Originally Posted by hacker07
To All...if you check out the Losi page, the new HD lightened outdrives were put up under the whats new section...

I am not putting this on here as a sales thing, I am simply letting you know they are up as I am sure many of you will want them. I can tell you, it doesnt seem now like we ordered enough...so if you want them, get them on BO. I am having them place another order already as well. And they will be here before May.

Center:

Front/Rear:
Old 04-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07

Center:

Front/Rear:
Having these on my truck testing for a while know and having them still look like new these are awesome. They should last a REALLY long time and you save rotating mass. Win/Win.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

This is my first SC. I have always run 1/8 nitro buggy and truggy. I will have to try staying on the throttle a little longer after the jump. I have zero drag brake in my setup. I am running stock shock oils. I have a RX8 / SC4X 5.5 in the truck w/ a 14t pinion. Battery is all the way back.

I run on large outdoor 1/8 style tracks and the jumps are mid size to large.

Hopefully this information will help some of you give me some advise on things to try to get the truck to not nose down when flying off of jumps.
My first SCT was a slash 4x4 and i found the same thing about nose diving.
I just comes to basically "drive it like you stole it" at least on our fast outdoor track. even the slightest hint of backing off when it was a high speed jump resulted it diving.
so keep it squeezed to the grip in the air on hi speed jumps and it usually works for me...
Old 04-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I searched the thread and saw this asked but not answered.....

Long v. short ackerman, what's the difference using one or the other?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.