Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Since i cant find another thread thats active about the hobbywing xerun v2 i guess ill ask you guys. I have the v2 as ive stated and it seems to heat up really fast whenever i use a 4 pole motor. As an example i ran it up and down my driveway for a minute or so and it was already at 114. So does it just run warmer with 4 poles or do i need a new software. I have the 3.2 link and have no boost timing and 6 degrees turbo. I usually use the copperhead esc but i am trying to use something a little lighter.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xXblitzXx
Since i cant find another thread thats active about the hobbywing xerun v2 i guess ill ask you guys. I have the v2 as ive stated and it seems to heat up really fast whenever i use a 4 pole motor. As an example i ran it up and down my driveway for a minute or so and it was already at 114. So does it just run warmer with 4 poles or do i need a new software. I have the 3.2 link and have no boost timing and 6 degrees turbo. I usually use the copperhead esc but i am trying to use something a little lighter.
I'm assuming you talking about the 120a esc. I tried running one with a RevTech 4xs 4800kv and ended up turning off the thermal protection and letting it fry so I could finish the race day and get my RX8 from the hobby shop. 120a just isn't quite enough for the high draw of the 4 pole motors in this pig(I thermaled it in a MIP Pro4mance setup). I got away with it in a Team Durango DESC410r, but the Losi is just too heavy IMO.

On another note, the turbo isnt helping anything. The only way I got it to work in my Dingo was running it in blinky mode.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:34 PM
Tech Adept

Im just gonna take it out. The miniscule weight savings are not worth the potential for dnfs.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xXblitzXx
You have to run a fan for any of those 120A speedos (orion, hobbywing, speedpasion, brushless hobbies). Those ESC's stay at 100 degrees with the fan and shoot up to 180 in under 5 minutes without.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Tech Adept

I think i am just gonna keep the hobbywing as a backup even though i hardly doubt i will need it
Old 01-20-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Fella's - here is one for you:

I have an SCTE I bought second hand that is pretty stock - Carbon towers is the only 'upgrade' (necessity) after I found they were bent. However, out today doing some practice laps I found that my chassis is bent like a banana. Not kidding, gotta be out by 5-6mm in the middle.

The issue is that I LIKE the way it drives! I'm winning the A-main at my local track consistently, it's a great car, but the chassis is bent and I dislike that it's bent and I don't want to spend $40 on another and bend it too. So, which chassis (I know, we all ask this question), BUT, which chassis doesn't bend in 5 race meets and performs the most like the stock chassis?

Thanks!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whittie

I have an SCTE I bought second hand that is pretty stock - Carbon towers is the only 'upgrade' (necessity) after I found they were bent. However, out today doing some practice laps I found that my chassis is bent like a banana. Not kidding, gotta be out by 5-6mm in the middle.

The issue is that I LIKE the way it drives! I'm winning the A-main at my local track consistently, it's a great car, but the chassis is bent and I dislike that it's bent and I don't want to spend $40 on another and bend it too. So, which chassis (I know, we all ask this question), BUT, which chassis doesn't bend in 5 race meets and performs the most like the stock chassis?

Thanks!
I did some testing last night with 4 scte with different chassis this what I came up with.
First three truck have the exact same setup spiring's oil diffs and tires
Fourth truck running stock shock oil and no front sway and 1.8 rear sway with bump chassis
First truck stock chassis I ran pretty consistently around 16.2 running 4600kv pro4 and rx8
2nd truck kingheadz chassis I ran 16.0 and fast lap being a 15.9 bh esc Orion 4.5t 550
3rd truck mine just changed chassis from kh to jammin ran 16.0 pretty consistent fast lap was a 15.4 bh esc Orion 4.5t 550 I used around 400more Mah with this chassis than the kh chassis motor was 150 after 8min .
I felt the jammin chassis fit my driving style better and rotated better for me.
4th truck bump chassis the setup on this truck was a little different than the first three I was running 17.5 with this truck fast lap being 17 flat mmp 4000kv pro4. It probably was just the setup the truck seemed to have to much rear bite and I couldn't really get it to turn in even with the battery all the way forward.
This is just my experience in not bashing any chassis.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whittie

Thanks!
My son's truck was like yours. He was going pretty good with everything stock except the shock towers. When his stock chassis bent, I moved everything to a King Headz chassis and he is going better! Same chassis braces, shocks, link locations, etc... I am still running the stock chassis with the same setup as his truck, and he is faster. (it may be the driver?... )
Old 01-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by myl3s91
NEW to the MIP chassis, I was at the track the other day running some laps and doing some tuning when I decided to REALLY tune my truck.. I tried another losi at the track with the MIP chassis installed and I bought the chassis right then and installed it at the track. After flawless installation I ran my truck and it was outstanding the way the truck performs. Kept my setup the same with the tlr shock towers and shocks. (no bi-pass) I'm running on indoor CARPET, so if anyone has some carpet set up suggestions for the MIP please share. My truck is pretty dialed and seems very planted. Running 1/8th sway bar in the front (2.5mm). Here is a few pics, decided to shorten the servo wire and try to clean it up a bit. First time trying anything like that, normally it looks like a spaghetti mess! lol!

I love my kit as well. I also run on carpet and I'm by far the fasts at my local track
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-image.jpg  
Old 01-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Pic
Old 01-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Warrior273
I love my kit as well. I also run on carpet and I'm by far the fasts at my local track

Hey i know that truck

Guys listen to him if you have that chassis and run on carpet its hooked up !
Old 01-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Warrior273
Pic
pic
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-image.jpg  
Old 01-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Trying to find the updated diff gears on line. Does anyone known if there are two part numbers for the newest version of the updated gears.
Thanks
Old 01-20-2013, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii
Trying to find the updated diff gears on line. Does anyone known if there are two part numbers for the newest version of the updated gears.
Thanks
All the diff gears are the updated ones. They took the old ones off the market about 6 months ago.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

k thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.