Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Well that's the theory on cars the like 22 where everything is right down the middle as opposed to balanced side to side. The more central the weight the quicker it should be able to transition side to side.

Whether That actually is better for you as a driver is up to the driver.
I saw a guy rearrange the setup on his with everything crammed in the center and the truck was crazy twitchy according to him. It looked like he oversteered and overcorrected all the time but he said it was due to all the weight so centered. He ended up going to the stock layout again and was really happy with it.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Allen720
how do you measure the truck and get the balance and the ratios
You will need four small scales that read in grams preferably. Put a scale under each wheel and it will show you the weight on each corner. Then rearrange/mod/add weight until you get all corners as close as you can in weight to each other.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattP
You will need four small scales that read in grams preferably. Put a scale under each wheel and it will show you the weight on each corner. Then rearrange/mod/add weight until you get all corners as close as you can in weight to each other.
I agree MattP harbor freight has em for 12 bucks each,, you need a bank and some cash to be a serious racer.

I have tried 4 different chassis there all good. it depends on how serious of a racer you are and how much time you want to spend with a wrench.

and to Casper I said 4 hrs to let air out of the shock oils.. thats what I do when I am working on my stuff. I dont get new toys like you do to test. I buy my stuff it should of been 4 to ten min.. Thanks for the correction... some times I over exaggerate . to expand a point. but what I do is build the shocks let em sit for a few hrs when I am tearing down the truck to clean bearings and adjust things. I race. I wrench I don't build go for a whole yr then wonder why I lost my line. so to speak.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucko
I agree MattP harbor freight has em for 12 bucks each,, you need a bank and some cash to be a serious racer.

I have tried 4 different chassis there all good. it depends on how serious of a racer you are and how much time you want to spend with a wrench.

and to Casper I said 4 hrs to let air out of the shock oils.. thats what I do when I am working on my stuff. I dont get new toys like you do to test. I buy my stuff it should of been 4 to ten min.. Thanks for the correction... some times I over exaggerate . to expand a point. but what I do is build the shocks let em sit for a few hrs when I am tearing down the truck to clean bearings and adjust things. I race. I wrench I don't build go for a whole yr then wonder why I lost my line. so to speak.
I just wanted to stress there really is not much benefit to waiting that long. I don't want guys sitting around not playing with there cars as they wait for the air to escape there shock! Everyone has there own way and I respect that but by far you don't need hours to build shocks was my point! Also I probably have the 2nd or 3rd oldest SCTE ever. The truck I am still driving is still the original conversion from the Ten. I have put it through a refresh but just a heads up I don't build a new kit every week or something like that. My 22 is still original as well.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Also I probably have the 2nd or 3rd oldest SCTE ever. The truck I am still driving is still the original conversion from the Ten. I have put it through a refresh but just a heads up I don't build a new kit every week or something like that.
Must be waiting for the TLR SCTE 2.0 coming this XMas, right? Right?!

Old 11-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Grandturk;11449421]Must be waiting for the TLR SCTE 2.0 coming this XMas, right? Right?!

[/QUOTE
lol
Old 11-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Must be waiting for the TLR SCTE 2.0 coming this XMas, right? Right?!

I just believe in replacing parts to keep things fresh vs full new kits. I have always been that way. Don't know exactly why but just don't want a coneption out there that I am always running fresh new kits all the time.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

Casper, is there a new 2.0 losi coming out?
Old 11-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mfcoupe32
Even if I knew I could not comment on that. Sorry.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for the reply.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:34 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mfcoupe32
I've heard so many rumors about this and new diffs. If there are new diffs coming out, I hope they don't cost too much (although I have more into this truck than some of my 1/8 scales)

To be completely honest, the one thing I never liked about this truck from the very beginning were the diffs. The blocks are a pain, the little shims get lost and also embed themselves into the blocks, the inserts that hold the outdrives were never bonded and tend to leak, the shims behind the larger bevel gears wear out quickly, and sometimes you get smooth diff action and sometimes you don't. Not to mention the whole soft pin thing when this truck first came out.

For me it is a race, if Losi comes out with new diffs first, I suck it up and buy them. If Tekno comes out with their SCT first, I save the money on the diffs, sell the SCTE and have enough for a brand new truck.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF
I've heard so many rumors about this and new diffs. If there are new diffs coming out, I hope they don't cost too much (although I have more into this truck than some of my 1/8 scales)

To be completely honest, the one thing I never liked about this truck from the very beginning were the diffs. The blocks are a pain, the little shims get lost and also embed themselves into the blocks, the inserts that hold the outdrives were never bonded and tend to leak, the shims behind the larger bevel gears wear out quickly, and sometimes you get smooth diff action and sometimes you don't. Not to mention the whole soft pin thing when this truck first came out.

For me it is a race, if Losi comes out with new diffs first, I suck it up and buy them. If Tekno comes out with their SCT first, I save the money on the diffs, sell the SCTE and have enough for a brand new truck.
I concur with SEF. The diff are the only real problem I have with the SCTE.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I guess my question is do you think (cough) it would be a updated SCTE so we can just update our SCTEs to the new verison with a few parts or do you think (cough) it will be a whole new truck?
I really want to buy a SCTE but its hard to bring my self if a whole new truck is just around the corner.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Conti027
I guess my question is do you think (cough) it would be a updated SCTE so we can just update our SCTEs to the new verison with a few parts or do you think (cough) it will be a whole new truck?
now that, ^ is funny...
Old 11-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
now that, ^ is funny...
Thank you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.