Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey
Well i sure as hell won't be buying any anytime soon. LOL!!! Losi's are tough trucks. My friend was forced into getting one by his dad (they only run associated stuff) and last week he broke an a-arm right at the hinge pin. Been tryin to get him to run losi but he doesn't have a choice.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

So how much lash should there be gear boxes? I rebuilt my diffs this past week cleaned and oiled the bearings and this past weekend within 3 runs a pinion bearing went down and melted my diff case. All i did that MIGHT have been different was i only allowed .1 mm between pinion /bearings/driveshaft minimal play .
I will say before the rebuild i couod hear a "cling" sound when hitting the breaks and after words it wasnt as noticeable i assumed it had alot of slop before and was slaping the pinion up against the bearing ( or away) when breaks were applied
Old 05-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
Yes, they do have them in stock as Amanda email me back very quickly saying that is what i ordered which i figured i did but id rather make sure as the anodized blue makes it look cheap and i dont have anything blue so i didnt want it anyways, lol
Yeah the only thing luring me to the blue one was it was $5 cheaper Black is much better Good to hear they are in stock! I didn't bother emailing, though I probably should have. Thanks man!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Nothing just noticed a tiny bit of wear after a few months of having it. Quick question: what are the differences between mod 1 and mod .8 ? Can they work together? Thought it was weird since my stampede 4x4 has a .8 mod spur and a 32pitch pinion. Is the stock scte spur mod 1 or mod .8?
Mod 1
Old 05-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thegame7
Yeah the only thing luring me to the blue one was it was $5 cheaper Black is much better Good to hear they are in stock! I didn't bother emailing, though I probably should have. Thanks man!
Their website is kinda screwed up...IT was more like a BLOG with options not an online store, lol. The sale stuff didnt show pics, you just click the little bubbles and choose what you want but i had to go to the just the esc to make sure it was the right combo and had the card with it also but it didnt say it was black it just had a note saying it was available in both on combo C so i added a note to my payment and emailed them and she got back to me first thing this morning which amazed me so hopefully they process pretty quick and have it by Fri or Sat but im not holding my breath but my body mounts should be here before then so it should be ready to slap in, calibrate, and RUN RUN RUN FINALLY!
Old 05-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 39 (96%+)

what are the best upgrades to addd to the scte
Old 05-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JOSH MILLIREN 1
what are the best upgrades to addd to the scte
Carbon fiber shock towers, HD outdrives at all 3 diffs, and maybe an upgraded chassis (not too important).
Old 05-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by timannnn6
Woody,
On the castle bullets you have to take a dremel with a round sanding drum and take a little material off (just go 'round and 'round till it fits in your batteries). I actually just did that on mine and now they fit perfect. I now have to spread the prongs just a little to make them tight (which is how they should be). Also note that the castle brand or tekin brand bullets are a true solid bullet (look at the prongs), and not the prong type bullet that's hollow in the middle (like the protek's). The "solid" type bullets should flow more amps and run cooler. I just went through this issue with the protek bullets. They were running much warmer then when I used to run the castle's. I switched back to the castle's and everything is much cooler now.

Hope that helps you out.
yeah my problem that started all this is for some strange reason I had two batteries that would not fit with the castle's anymore, but I had 2 that fit fine. So I didn't want to sand the Castle bullets down any, but I did anyways, and they were too loose in the one's that fit fine before. I should of just reamed/cleaned/polished out the batteries female connections that were having the issue, and I wouldn't of lost 3 batteries! All of them month old nano-tech's 6.6's Just makes me angry that I did something so stupid and its all my fault.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Carbon fiber shock towers, HD outdrives at all 3 diffs, and maybe an upgraded chassis (not too important).
+1 But also would like to add that the APE pins and battery tray are nice extras as well.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default rpm front bumper

oh and to top my day off, I broke my rpm front bumper with only 3 days of practice on it. It broke up on the left hand side right next to the left most screw.

Of course it doesn't help that I was running practice laps with a bunch of sc8's.
Those suckers are heavy! now I know how the little sc10 4x4 feel - lol.

Long as I stayed in front I was good, but getting by them was dangerous!
Old 05-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Is anyone using the RCSHOX 2 stage pistons and if so what is your opinion on them. Do you have a setup that works well?
Old 05-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Nothing just noticed a tiny bit of wear after a few months of having it. Quick question: what are the differences between mod 1 and mod .8 ? Can they work together? Thought it was weird since my stampede 4x4 has a .8 mod spur and a 32pitch pinion. Is the stock scte spur mod 1 or mod .8?
It should be obvious that you MOD .8 and MOD1 won't work together (any more than mixing 32 pitch and 48 pitch would be expected to work) but MOD.8 and 32 pitch are essentially the same size and will work together.

The SCTE uses MOD1. The RC-Monster gear is MOD.8/32-pitch. The RC-Monster gear was created to fill a need for a usable Ten-T spur gear (before the SCTE spur existed) because the 810 and Ten-T Nitro cars come with approximately MOD.9 spurs and no-one made electric motor pinions that size.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ta_man
It should be obvious that you MOD .8 and MOD1 won't work together (any more than mixing 32 pitch and 48 pitch would be expected to work) but MOD.8 and 32 pitch are essentially the same size and will work together.

The SCTE uses MOD1. The RC-Monster gear is MOD.8/32-pitch. The RC-Monster gear was created to fill a need for a usable Ten-T spur gear (before the SCTE spur existed) because the 810 and Ten-T Nitro cars come with approximately MOD.9 spurs and no-one made electric motor pinions that size.
So since i can't use the rc monster one, does anybody else make a delrin mod 1 spur for the scte?
Old 05-28-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What's the deal with all the SCTE's for sale? I've been looking daily for the last week and there has been 3-5 a day up for sale?
Old 05-28-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
So how much lash should there be gear boxes? I rebuilt my diffs this past week cleaned and oiled the bearings and this past weekend within 3 runs a pinion bearing went down and melted my diff case. All i did that MIGHT have been different was i only allowed .1 mm between pinion /bearings/driveshaft minimal play .
I will say before the rebuild i couod hear a "cling" sound when hitting the breaks and after words it wasnt as noticeable i assumed it had alot of slop before and was slaping the pinion up against the bearing ( or away) when breaks were applied
Seeing that the stock spur is more than capable of lasting well longer than the motor tring to turn it how about we get a answer to a question we all can benifit from learning about. Cause if these diff casrs r on a 6week back order as told by a few shops. Wr need to keep these issues in check before we r unable to race without the replacement parts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.