Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The MMP is not the cause from what I have found. When I ran savox, MMP, spektrum it happened every time car was ran. I then switched to KO and all was fine.
MMP gets a bad rap and while BEC might be subpar, it's really a spektrum issue due to their piss poor voltage fluctuation problem.
Glitch buster will help as long as you set servo endpoints correctly. I never had to run a external bec.
Some guys have different results.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
The MMP is not the cause from what I have found. When I ran savox, MMP, spektrum it happened every time car was ran. I then switched to KO and all was fine.
MMP gets a bad rap and while BEC might be subpar, it's really a spektrum issue due to their piss poor voltage fluctuation problem.
Glitch buster will help as long as you set servo endpoints correctly. I never had to run a external bec.
Actually, it seems to be the combination of all 3 products - from what I've read, most people who have just one of those components (servo, esc, receiver) different seem to have their problems fixed?

Having said that I'm not running Savox or Spektrum, but still had glitching problems.

On a related note...
BlackStarRacing or RocktheCatBox - do you need to run an external BEC with your Hobbywing SCT Pro ESC? Or is the internal BEC enough? I am about to buy another ESC anyway, so was thinking of trying out the HobbyWing.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eddomak
Actually, it seems to be the combination of all 3 products - from what I've read, most people who have just one of those components (servo, esc, receiver) different seem to have their problems fixed?

Having said that I'm not running Savox or Spektrum, but still had glitching problems.

On a related note...
BlackStarRacing or RocktheCatBox - do you need to run an external BEC with your Hobbywing SCT Pro ESC? Or is the internal BEC enough? I am about to buy another ESC anyway, so was thinking of trying out the HobbyWing.
The internal BEC is enough. The SCT Pro is a great esc.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

On a related note...
The internal bec on my 150 amp is more than enough. Have had no problems and was actually able to take off the glitch buster i was using with my mmp previously.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I run the M2C's and they have been great. I would use heavier oils than what is recommended. I run 37 1/2F and 35R
Thanks for the tip.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
I'm not sure this result is typical but I just switched to a 7k center and drove my temps up 10'. Now I'm on a loose track so maybe the two items combined to drive temps.. seemed like I was spinning my tires a bit more w/ the 7k. Steering didn't seem too impacted.

You should give the no sway a shot quick.. it's the only way I run anymore
That was the secret at our Little track for a while now!!Helps tight turn in, on power!When we 1st started to run theSCTE Brian Sullivan (uber fast) Tekin ,Panther Guy hipped us to that!Have not run frnt sway in like a year now!!!I agree!!!!!!

I have found that the airtronics m11x with reciever solves these problems!!I run the MMP,Spectrum servo(same as the Savox,made same place) with cc 3800 and have no glitch issues!!Lot of times it is the tx and rx that are the Culprit!!!!Cheers!!
Old 05-23-2012, 01:33 AM
Tech Initiate

I agree with this. The savox + spektrum + castle combo has had a lot of reports of brown outs / glitching.

Does the problem happen when you suspend the car so that none of the wheels/tyres are touching the ground? It should be virtually silent. Then, with your hands off the transmitter (but everything on), start to turn the front wheels of the car so that the servo needs to resist your movements. This will make the servo draw current from the ESC. Apart from some humming from the servo, you should not get much glitching / twitching. If you do, it is because the BEC is overloaded and shutting down.

I used a Novak capacitor to fix this for my Mamba Max Pro, but a sure fire way to fix this for a couple more dollars (and some more soldering) is a separate BEC.
When the wheels are off the ground (on a stand) or with the wheels on the ground, it makes no difference. When I turn the steering I get the noise. Sometimes it keeps making noise while trying to get the servo in its neutral position.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:02 AM
MOE
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I picked up an SC4x 4.5 tekin in a trade, I was wondering if a 13t pinion was a good starting point for this motor. I'm running a 14t with my 3800kv castle on a tight outdoor tack, the longest straight is probably 40/50 foot max. And where should the endbell timing to set at?
Old 05-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I am one of those guys Tried 4 different ESC's(Novak Havoc SC Pro,Castle MMM,Castle MMP,Tekin RX8) and the only one that cut out was the MMP , and I tried 2 of those . All were ran with the exact same equipment (servo,motor,batteries) Both MMP's cut out and needed an external BEC to run correctly .

Castle said it was because I was running 2s and the BEC was seeing a voltage sag which was causing the BEC too "drop out" which in turn was causing the RX to go into failsafe mode . I now run it on 4s in my 1/8 E buggy and it STILL needs a BEC too run right . IDK maybe the BEC is damaged in mine ?

I ran the Mamba Monster on 2s and it did not have the same problems as the MMP did . IDK if they have remedied the situation yet or not .
Old 05-23-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Slightly used BCE chassis for sale.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...e-chassis.html
Old 05-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
I am one of those guys Tried 4 different ESC's(Novak Havoc SC Pro,Castle MMM,Castle MMP,Tekin RX8) and the only one that cut out was the MMP , and I tried 2 of those . All were ran with the exact same equipment (servo,motor,batteries) Both MMP's cut out and needed an external BEC to run correctly .

Castle said it was because I was running 2s and the BEC was seeing a voltage sag which was causing the BEC too "drop out" which in turn was causing the RX to go into failsafe mode . I now run it on 4s in my 1/8 E buggy and it STILL needs a BEC too run right . IDK maybe the BEC is damaged in mine ?

I ran the Mamba Monster on 2s and it did not have the same problems as the MMP did . IDK if they have remedied the situation yet or not .
Their fix is suppouse to be the castle cap pack to help the issue, but I've also heard that they orderd so many parts originally when they made the MMP that to do a different design or fix would result in finaicial loss (just rumors though so not completely sure)
Old 05-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mxer59
Their fix is suppouse to be the castle cap pack to help the issue, but I've also heard that they orderd so many parts originally when they made the MMP that to do a different design or fix would result in finaicial loss (just rumors though so not completely sure)
From what I understand that cap pack is only to smooth out the ripples in the voltage that can occur under heavy load and that would not help with the BEC issue.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
From what I understand that cap pack is only to smooth out the ripples in the voltage that can occur under heavy load and that would not help with the BEC issue.
RIGHT YOU ARE

Have you MMP guys tried a glitch buster?

I HAVE to use one in my 22 cause i use a savox servo. If i dont use it, it glitches out like crazy standing right over it.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

I did and it still cut out .
Old 05-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I run a HW SCTPro ESC/Tekin Pro4 and Savox and still need a CAP or Glitch Buster.
The BEC in the SCTPro is not enough when using the Savox Servo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.