Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 08:10 PM
  #35911  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,765
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
KHZ-SCTE-076 - King Headz CVD Pin Keeper Set (2)

LOSA99109 - Losi 4 Piece Race Wrench Set (Metric)

LOSB0127 - Losi TEN-SCTE 4WD Short Course Rolling Chassis

SPTSTLA2278GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined HD Aluminum Front Chassis Brace (Gun Metal)

SPTSTLB2103GM - ST Racing Concepts Precision CNC Machined Aluminum Rear Hub Carrier Set (Gun Metal) (2)

SPTSTLB2123GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined Aluminum Steering Rack Set (Gun Metal)

SPTSTLB2163GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined HD Aluminum Front Shock Tower (Gun Metal)

SPTSTLB2170GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined HD Aluminum Rear Shock Tower (Gun Metal)

SPTSTLB2825GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined Aluminum Front Shock Body Set (Gun Metal) (2)

SPTSTLB2826GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined Aluminum Rear Shock Body Set (Gun Metal) (2)

SPTSTLB2904GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined Aluminum Shock Cap Set (Gun Metal) (4)

SPTSTLB2908GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined Aluminum Shock Collar Set (Gun Metal) (4)

SPTSTLB3592GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined Precision Aluminum Center Bulkhead (Gun Metal)

TKR2213 - Tekno RC HD Front/Center Driveshaft

TKR2217 - Tekno RC HD Rear/Center Driveshaft

TLR6080 - Team Losi Racing Ti-Nitride Hinge Pin Set (6)

TSK-TENSCTE - Tony's Screws Losi Ten-SCTE Screw Kit

XTR10861 - Xtreme Racing TEN-SCTE "Hybrid" Carbon Fiber/Aluminum Chassis Kit w/2mm Top Plate

Ok so I really love my Losi Ten SCTE. Therefore I will buy a new roller, break it down to its component parts and rebuild with these parts. You experts here please add to the list things I will need!

Thanks!
You can save yourself some money and not buy all those aluminum parts. I think the STRC steering kit is really the only aluminum piece I'd buy from that list.

Especially not the shock caps. I'd stick with the stock plastic caps (and drill the bleeder hole) or get the Losi caps with the bleeder already on it.

In place of the aluminum shock tower, get some CF ones, or the tuning kit that comes with the towers.
goehm is offline  
Old 06-23-2012, 08:15 PM
  #35912  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
KingdomRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,483
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Why the metric set?
I think you need the standard set for this truck.
KingdomRacer is offline  
Old 06-23-2012, 08:26 PM
  #35913  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,533
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I would look at the Trick-parts screw kit. All stainless and great quality.
larlev is offline  
Old 06-23-2012, 08:30 PM
  #35914  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,533
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jake C6R
Body holes have to be lined up manually, don't use the dimples.

By the way, got the next one cut out. ORANGE you glad to see me? LOL
How durable have these been with all the cutouts done?
larlev is offline  
Old 06-23-2012, 08:53 PM
  #35915  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larlev
I would look at the Trick-parts screw kit. All stainless and great quality.
Ive read alot of reviews, and have several Tony's screw sets and love them.
Ironwolf1974 is offline  
Old 06-23-2012, 09:09 PM
  #35916  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 132
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
KHZ-SCTE-076 - King Headz CVD Pin Keeper Set (2)

LOSA99109 - Losi 4 Piece Race Wrench Set (Metric)

LOSB0127 - Losi TEN-SCTE 4WD Short Course Rolling Chassis

SPTSTLA2278GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined HD Aluminum Front Chassis Brace (Gun Metal)

SPTSTLB2103GM - ST Racing Concepts Precision CNC Machined Aluminum Rear Hub Carrier Set (Gun Metal) (2)

SPTSTLB2123GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined Aluminum Steering Rack Set (Gun Metal)

SPTSTLB2163GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined HD Aluminum Front Shock Tower (Gun Metal)

SPTSTLB2170GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined HD Aluminum Rear Shock Tower (Gun Metal)

SPTSTLB2825GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined Aluminum Front Shock Body Set (Gun Metal) (2)

SPTSTLB2826GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined Aluminum Rear Shock Body Set (Gun Metal) (2)

SPTSTLB2904GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined Aluminum Shock Cap Set (Gun Metal) (4)

SPTSTLB2908GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined Aluminum Shock Collar Set (Gun Metal) (4)

SPTSTLB3592GM - ST Racing Concepts CNC Machined Precision Aluminum Center Bulkhead (Gun Metal)

TKR2213 - Tekno RC HD Front/Center Driveshaft

TKR2217 - Tekno RC HD Rear/Center Driveshaft

TLR6080 - Team Losi Racing Ti-Nitride Hinge Pin Set (6)

TSK-TENSCTE - Tony's Screws Losi Ten-SCTE Screw Kit

XTR10861 - Xtreme Racing TEN-SCTE "Hybrid" Carbon Fiber/Aluminum Chassis Kit w/2mm Top Plate

Ok so I really love my Losi Ten SCTE. Therefore I will buy a new roller, break it down to its component parts and rebuild with these parts. You experts here please add to the list things I will need!

Thanks!
I highly recommend the racing springs Front and Rear. You can get the sway bar set too if you like. Also, I suggest the Hard Anodized (HA) pivot ball set. If you would like more bling, titanium turnbuckles and titanium screw kit are available. The locking wheel hexes are nice so as to not lose any pins as the stock ones can fall out fairly easily if you take your wheels off after racing.
electricRCrocks is offline  
Old 06-23-2012, 09:27 PM
  #35917  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,533
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
Ive read alot of reviews, and have several Tony's screw sets and love them.
I have them also....Once I bought TP screws will not go back
larlev is offline  
Old 06-23-2012, 09:28 PM
  #35918  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Originally Posted by electricRCrocks
I highly recommend the racing springs Front and Rear. You can get the sway bar set too if you like. Also, I suggest the Hard Anodized (HA) pivot ball set. If you would like more bling, titanium turnbuckles and titanium screw kit are available. The locking wheel hexes are nice so as to not lose any pins as the stock ones can fall out fairly easily if you take your wheels off after racing.
Im changing up my cart right now, with all the suggestions made to me. New cart coming soon .
Ironwolf1974 is offline  
Old 06-23-2012, 09:42 PM
  #35919  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (56)
 
kman16jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa,Fl.
Posts: 4,045
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larlev
I have them also....Once I bought TP screws will not go back
+1 on the screws all i use now is tp screw sets on all of my vehicles,great quality,great warranty and overall a nice addition to any car.
kman16jr is offline  
Old 06-23-2012, 10:08 PM
  #35920  
Tech Master
iTrader: (55)
 
kjohnsiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: auburn, wa
Posts: 1,593
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kman16jr
+1 on the screws all i use now is tp screw sets on all of my vehicles,great quality,great warranty and overall a nice addition to any car.
+1
kjohnsiii is offline  
Old 06-23-2012, 10:16 PM
  #35921  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

LOSB0127 - Losi TEN-SCTE 4WD Short Course Rolling Chassis

TSK-TENSCTE - Tony's Screws Losi Ten-SCTE Screw Kit

TLR0901 - Team Losi Racing Tuning Kit (TEN-SCTE)

TLR6080 - Team Losi Racing Ti-Nitride Hinge Pin Set (6)

TKR2217 - Tekno RC HD Rear/Center Driveshaft

TKR2213 - Tekno RC HD Front/Center Driveshaft

M2C7125 - M2C Racing 12mm Delrin Tapered 8-Hole Shock Piston Set

KHZ-SCTE-076 - King Headz CVD Pin Keeper Set (2)

DER-110-10 - DE Racing Mud Guard Set (TEN-T/SCTE/810)

AKA13003VRE - AKA Racing Grid Iron Short Course Tires (Super Soft) (Pre-Mounted) (TEN-SCTE) (2)

XTR10861 - Xtreme Racing TEN-SCTE "Hybrid" Carbon Fiber/Aluminum Chassis Kit w/2mm Top Plate

TKR2210X - Tekno RC M6 Driveshaft & Lightened Outdrive Set
$42.99 $85.98

Ok so this isnt final, but this seems to be the best package to fix all the problems with the SCTE. Drivetrain will be not only tougher but lighter. Will have a lighter chassis, mud guards cuz ther cool. The CVD keepers to hold in the tougher better CVDs. Full set of new screws which I like.

Is there anything else that Im missing here?
Ironwolf1974 is offline  
Old 06-23-2012, 10:30 PM
  #35922  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (146)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,375
Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larlev
I have them also....Once I bought TP screws will not go back
Dude, we get it. You schill their stuff. He said he likes Tony's screws. Not the end of the world. I'm sure trick parts will still give you 10% off screws if he buys Tony's.
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Old 06-23-2012, 11:13 PM
  #35923  
Tech Regular
 
Dano628's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: North West Jersey
Posts: 258
Default

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
Dude, we get it. You schill their stuff. He said he likes Tony's screws. Not the end of the world. I'm sure trick parts will still give you 10% off screws if he buys Tony's.
I couldn't help but notice all three guys who were saying how much they love trick parts screws have them listed in their signature as required by TP to get their 10% off .
Dano628 is offline  
Old 06-23-2012, 11:21 PM
  #35924  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dano628
I couldn't help but notice all three guys who were saying how much they love trick parts screws have them listed in their signature as required by TP to get their 10% off .
I didnt notice that, but the screws in my cart are what I have for my XRAY and B4.1 and love them. So not really caring about Trick Parts lol.
Ironwolf1974 is offline  
Old 06-24-2012, 12:09 AM
  #35925  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (146)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,375
Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dano628
I couldn't help but notice all three guys who were saying how much they love trick parts screws have them listed in their signature as required by TP to get their 10% off .
Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974
I didnt notice that, but the screws in my cart are what I have for my XRAY and B4.1 and love them. So not really caring about Trick Parts lol.

I have no problem with trick parts. I have ordered from them and after an initial snafu, I got great customer service from them. I dont have a problem with reps (sponsored drivers) letting people know about the products they rep, but after you do that and the person says "no thanks, I have brand loyalty toward company X" AND THEN the rep still comes back to try and schill? Well I don't think you stand much of a chance of turning that person into a customer and worse case, you risk turning that person and potentially other people away from your products.

Because I've had a good experience with trick parts, I feel bad for the guy with some of the stuff his reps have done. There was one guy who was on here schilling their stuff and he hadn't even gotten his first screw set yet.
RC*PHREAK is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.