Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I am the guy with the R10/Pro 4 combo Mr. Casper is referring to and while I wait for the new software for the orion so it runs the Pro4 properly, I can attest to the performance difference.
And here I was trying to keep you out of that!
Old 04-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vw addict
I think it's been posted on every one of the last 5 or so pages.
I'm so glad it offers another chassis option. The 'best chassis' thread was starting to get quiet. Thank god we can revive it!
Old 04-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

As for the new parts on Horizon, the issue has been addressed and they are now available and not showing as BO any longer, sorry about that.
Just FYI - unless they sold out already, the tini front and rear shafts are still showing as backordered.

The caps are still showing as available, though they were this afternoon as well.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

I am the guy with the R10/Pro 4 combo Mr. Casper is referring to and while I wait for the new software for the orion so it runs the Pro4 properly, I can attest to the performance difference.
So i take it orions already working on this software.I havent really had any problems with my R10 in my scte.It seems to produce plenty of power.I didnt notice any power loss.But i definately believe you guys because im sure you got plenty more track time then i do.As far as the rx8 I switched over before the 223 update.I had to run a BEC with the rx8 so i cut the wire and didnt get to update it.But i didnt have to run a BEC with the orion.Im not sure why but it worked without one.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
I'm so glad it offers another chassis option. The 'best chassis' thread was starting to get quiet. Thank god we can revive it!
Sooo True!Battery and bumper talk= Snooze Fest

Originally Posted by Losi57
So i take it orions already working on this software.I havent really had any problems with my R10 in my scte.It seems to produce plenty of power.I didnt notice any power loss.But i definately believe you guys because im sure you got plenty more track time then i do.As far as the rx8 I switched over before the 223 update.I had to run a BEC with the rx8 so i cut the wire and didnt get to update it.But i didnt have to run a BEC with the orion.Im not sure why but it worked without one.
Your RX8 should never need an external BEC,Tekin is very customer service oriented.They will fix any issue and sometimes not charge anything!If you find an old broken rx8 in the trash and send it in they will charge you $90 bucks for a new one!!!I am no Fanboy! I am a Fan Man of Tekin products!!!Usual cost for most fixes is about 20 to 40 dollars!!
Old 04-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar

Your RX8 should never need an external BEC,Tekin is very customer service oriented.They will fix any issue and sometimes not charge anything!If you find an old broken rx8 in the trash and send it in they will charge you $90 bucks for a new one!!!I am no Fanboy! I am a Fan Man of Tekin products!!!Usual cost for most fixes is about 20 to 40 dollars!!
Its kinda like your a member of the teamtekin once your in, your in lol just sent back an rx8 for tuning , asked to swaP my 4000 for a 4600 and had them check out a sc4x and asked for two fans. Cost me 75 and the turn around was roughly 3 weeks. I say thats awesome! Ran the copperhead for a bit but glad to have my tekin stuff back
Old 04-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLHX1550
The setup is very good, we have bigger 1/8th scale tracks here. And my driving is pretty good, I just won the 1st round of the Minnesota Off-Road Series here, and beat the entire field by a Lap. Only one truck is on my pace, and he is running a converted Mugen Eco, and I was only marshaled once all weekend.

The failures for me are not coming in the bumper itself, but the "braces". The tubular pieces, and they fail at their "joints" where two molded "tubes" come together. (1) - there is hardly any kind of radius between the two (stress point) and (2) - they break right at the joint almost as if they were molded too cold. You end up with 2 pieces that look like "perfect" little tubes ready to be welded together.

If it's supposed to be a race vehicle, it needs to be able to be reliable at race-pace then. It's not like there was a pile of broken AE, or Ofna bumpers laying around either.
I think you hit the nail one the head this is not really a true "race truck". If it was you would not have to spend so much extra to address weak points and slop.

I think it's a great truck to race with but don't get the feeling it was designed as a racer. Hopefully they will come out with a team version one of these days that includes the hop ups like the better chassis, carbin towers, ha balls, etc.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
I think you hit the nail one the head this is not really a true "race truck". If it was you would not have to spend so much extra to address weak points and slop.

I think it's a great truck to race with but don't get the feeling it was designed as a racer. Hopefully they will come out with a team version one of these days that includes the hop ups like the better chassis, carbin towers, ha balls, etc.
Really? Its not a race truck cuz you guys are breaking bumpers?
What a Joke !It is (The) Race Truck round these parts.In 1 year and two months of(RACING) I have gone thru 3 rear bumpers and one front cuz of the ring thing.Mostly from getting plowed in turn one by all the kooks behind me on the grid I run only a small portion of the rear bumper Durango stle sort of and this bump is on at least 8 race nights including all the practice that is involved with that.This truck can win and does with a box stock truck diff( grease) and all.I understand this is just your opinion and this is mine based on yours (JOKE)!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Well i just got back from racing my SCTE on a carpet offroad track man does this thing turn and rotate ! Somebody did say they heard some crunching im hoping its not my diffs ! I have to check all three of them and see . Also my 4600 Tenshock motor got hot by touch when running my 50c 6000 but not to bad with my 5000mah 30c do the electrics just run warm or hot on carpet ? I did have my Throttle EPA up to 100% but with 25- expo on a tight offroad track would that cause that ?

I did use my brakes after the straight away .
Old 04-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Prophet

whata talking about willis !
Old 04-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I race with no bumpers, truck is still tough as nails.

Half the fun in tuning these TOY trucks is buying upgrades, to make it RACE proven. A TLR ARR SCTE would be cool, but i dont see it happening anytime soon. Also it would cost a arm and a leg.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Well i just got back from racing my SCTE on a carpet offroad track man does this thing turn and rotate ! Somebody did say they heard some crunching im hoping its not my diffs ! I have to check all three of them and see . Also my 4600 Tenshock motor got hot by touch when running my 50c 6000 but not to bad with my 5000mah 30c do the electrics just run warm or hot on carpet ? I did have my Throttle EPA up to 100% but with 25- expo on a tight offroad track would that cause that ?
Check your rear Center Driveshaft bearing, If that bearing gets worn, it will cause your Rear Ring pinion to grind on the gear.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
Check your rear Center Driveshaft bearing, If that bearing gets worn, it will cause your Rear Ring pinion to grind on the gear.

Hum thanks it was my first time driving it so i hope not im guessing that will make the motor run hotter also ?
When i hit the throttle it did kind of make a weird noise and my truck did not take off real quick but that could be just the sensoredless combo im running it only did it at a stand still.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BmainStar

I ran the rx8 with a 4600 pro4 a 1015 assoc servo and a futaba 4pl.I definately needed a BEC in order to get my truck to get full throw in the stearing.Believe me i tried everything and the only thing that would work is the BEC.The way i found out what was wrong was i plugged a 150mah lipo into the receiver and ran it and it was awesome.I think that between the pro4 and the power hungry servos we got these days its just too much draw.Im sure not everyone needs to use a bec but for my situation i definately needed one.I have dealt with tekins customer service and they are great.This rx8 lasted me about 2 months of racing twice a week.Just in case your wondering im not running into pipes and walls either i run top three at my track.Ive just had some crap luck with tekin lately and decided to go the orion route thats all.Anyways thanks for listening.Later man.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losi57
I ran the rx8 with a 4600 pro4 a 1015 assoc servo and a futaba 4pl.I definately needed a BEC in order to get my truck to get full throw in the stearing.Believe me i tried everything and the only thing that would work is the BEC.The way i found out what was wrong was i plugged a 150mah lipo into the receiver and ran it and it was awesome.I think that between the pro4 and the power hungry servos we got these days its just too much draw.Im sure not everyone needs to use a bec but for my situation i definately needed one.I have dealt with tekins customer service and they are great.This rx8 lasted me about 2 months of racing twice a week.Just in case your wondering im not running into pipes and walls either i run top three at my track.Ive just had some crap luck with tekin lately and decided to go the orion route thats all.Anyways thanks for listening.Later man.
Hmm , I use the same servo and do not need a BEC ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.