Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
It all depends on who's setup you are going to use.
I have been running Dustin Evans setup, blue front and red rears.
Where is that setup posted? I don't see it on Losi's website.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin
Where is that setup posted? I don't see it on Losi's website.
go to the vehicle it self then there you will find them there
Old 04-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
go to the vehicle it self then there you will find them there
The only Dustin Evans setup I see if from the sc showdown and he has gold and silver springs
Old 04-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I had to replace my 6 month old front bumper today. The brace had broken and the bottom was getting cracked. After I put the new one on I noticed that now there's a 1/2" gap between the bumper the body that wasn't there before.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin
The only Dustin Evans setup I see if from the sc showdown and he has gold and silver springs
I don't remember where I found it but here ya go!
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-d925a036.jpg  
Old 04-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just got the Chris diff spacers and washers and I have the Mugen o-rings, when put together there way to tight. Are you guys running it this way? I also posted over on RCShort Course because I'm looking for fast help so I can get it back together. Thanks.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The track is closed tomorrow...Hot Rod Hobbies in Saugus, CA...they said they are working on the track until Tuesday... wrecked my plans. I am posting photos to ease my pain.....LOL

Old 04-14-2012, 08:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by THE DOC
I just got the Chris diff spacers and washers and I have the Mugen o-rings, when put together there way to tight. Are you guys running it this way? I also posted over on RCShort Course because I'm looking for fast help so I can get it back together. Thanks.
I just use the stock o-rings, work well for me. Have you tried the drill break in procedure? That might free it up a bit.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

I just use the stock o-rings, work well for me. Have you tried the drill break in procedure? That might free it up a bit.
Havent done that, first I heard of it. I have been using the stock ones but they just leak....so I thought I would try the mugen ones. I had to push down pretty hard on the washer to get the pin in.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Havent done that, first I heard of it. I have been using the stock ones but they just leak....so I thought I would try the mugen ones. I had to push down pretty hard on the washer to get the pin in.
put 1/2 of a bone in a drill and spin each outdrive with it.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

put 1/2 of a bone in a drill and spin each outdrive with it.
Drill thing did nothing....I wouder about leaving the washer off. I thought I saw people do this, its alot looser with it off. The washer has a warp to it with it on.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Well i cut of the side nerf bars to lose a gram maybe at best . Now i was going to cut off the Esc mount i already have some holes in it and the battery tray also.

But im a little iffy on it because i might mess up the knobby looking thing on it by it which is important to have to mount the battery tray on the chassis. I seen somebody with a butch of holes in the side guards its a ton of pages back on here but i see the downside of that because dirt will fly though the holes like crazy.

I know i could make some holes in the radio tray where the wires go though to the RX box.

Last edited by tc5 man; 04-14-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I Have found anytime i have to press down really hard on the washer to get the pin in there is a problem with something causing the diff to lock up or be really tight. Usually the inserts are not pressed down far enough into the diff housing. If thats not it the Mugen oring you are using may be too thick for this app. You should be able to turn the outdrive and the pin should spin freely with out hitting the washer too much. I use the stock orings everytime and have no porblems with leaking. When I do a rebuild I put a light coat of rtv on the metal insert befor installing it in the diff housing. Dont go crazy otherwise you will have trouble getting it seated properly. Then I put a bunch of black grease in the hole before inserting the outdrive. When I insert the outdrive I put my finger over the opening forcing the grease to go down and around the outdrive as I push it in. This usually does the trick for me. I have'nt had a leak for my last 5 rebuilds.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Drill thing did nothing....I wouder about leaving the washer off. I thought I saw people do this, its alot looser with it off. The washer has a warp to it with it on.
DOC, may be I missed it earlier, but is your diff leaking at the seal or the insert? My rear diff started leaking and I thought it was the seal, but it turned out to be oil getting around the steel diff insert and plastic diff case. I glued the insert into the case and the leak went away.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Well i cut of the side nerf bars to lose a gram maybe at best . Now i was going to cut off the Esc mount i already have some holes in it and the battery tray also.

But im a little iffy on it because i might mess up the knobby looking thing on it by it which is important to have to mount the battery tray on the chassis. I seen somebody with a butch of holes in the side guards its a ton of pages back on here but i see the downside of that because dirt will fly though the holes like crazy.

I know i could make some holes in the radio tray where the wires go though to the RX box.
I cut my tray down to just the tabs and the stiff plastic that connects the screw holes, i cut off the tray at the end of the battery....took it to the track not an issue..... placed the esc directly to the chassis....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.