Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 11:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Littlejohn Dsgn
Hey guys I am going to order some new stuff for my truck and one of the items is new wire, what gauge are you running, I am going back and forth between the 13 gauge TQ Wire and the 12 gauge Deans wet noodle stuff. What’s your opinion on these wires, or do you have other suggestions.

My brother told me to check with the car audio places around town to see what they have for 12 gauge wire ... think that stuff would work as long as its flexible? I am sure it would be cheaper than the for mentioned brands above.

O and one other thing where do you guys get your balancing boards for your chargers?
TQ 10Ga for the two power plugs to the battery, then Deans wet noodle for the three motor wires. works great, esc gets max possible power and the motor wire is extra flexy
Old 12-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

What advantages are there with an emulsion shock on say a carpet track where it's smoothe surface with the exception of the jumps?
Old 12-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by larlev
I didn't...either on clay or outdoor. I set mine with zero rebound and that works great for me on all conditions. I believe the truck is to heavy for emulsion
Yep,
Totally agree about emulsion.
Have been running my 8IGHT 2.0 nitro with 0 rebound F/R.
F is silver springs 70W oil and R is green and 40
My SCTe is stock (shock wise) and apart from the springs (ordered F/R sets), pretty much as I like it.
This thing rocks.
V
Old 12-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300
What advantages are there with an emulsion shock on say a carpet track where it's smoothe surface with the exception of the jumps?
On our local carpet track one of the larger jumps has no landing ramp, my trucks front would bounce after landing, With emulsion it no longer bounces so I had control the moment the tires hit the carpet again.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey, You guys running the tekin pro4 4600kv, what gearing are you runngin? I just want an idea whether to go 15 or 14 or 13. Thanks
Old 12-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

If I have bladder no rebound, and a cut bladder no rebound, what's the difference?
Old 12-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro0619
I tried the emulsion setup, built them according to truhe video on youtube.....now w/ black f springs and orange r springs and ride height @ 27mm the truck just doesnt rebound hardly on the bench. Compared to another truck w/ bladders. Is this normal? My truck seems to drive good on track just curious how they shoud feel when setting ride height
Shouldn't matter whether they are emulsion or bladder, they should be built with as close to zero rebound as possible. Sounds like you either have binding in the arms or shocks. I was never able to get my shocks bind free with the stock orings. I use losi 22 orings or kyosho/mugen pre big bore orings. Adjust the end cap to get the right preload and they are butter smooth. Fyi u also have to use the thin plastic washer that comes with the orings to take up the extra gap.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedy S
Hey, You guys running the tekin pro4 4600kv, what gearing are you runngin? I just want an idea whether to go 15 or 14 or 13. Thanks
Small track 13, medium to large 14.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I tried the emulsion setup, built them according to truhe video on youtube.....now w/ black f springs and orange r springs and ride height @ 27mm the truck just doesnt rebound hardly on the bench. Compared to another truck w/ bladders. Is this normal? My truck seems to drive good on track just curious how they shoud feel when setting ride height
You definately have some binding going on. The first thing I would check is those little set screws that tighten the sway bars. Those should be loose enough to allow the sway bar to slide back and forth. Then check your shock top nuts, those should be loose enough to allow the tops to pivot on the support bushings.

Originally Posted by Bondonutz
On our local carpet track one of the larger jumps has no landing ramp, my trucks front would bounce after landing, With emulsion it no longer bounces so I had control the moment the tires hit the carpet again.
yep, exactly.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Yes you will not have as much pressure in the shock to rebound like with a bladder shock.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
me personally.. i think the Spektrum stuff is good.. without them.. my KO radio would prolly still be crystals.. ahah.. but now that spektrum came out.. and make everything 2.4.. i appreciate that.. i ran the spektrum module in my KO stuff for loooong time..

and one time.. left my radio at home for a race.. and borrowed someones spektrum.. whatever it was called.. and hated it.. the wheel is some huge 18" wheel.. the trigger felt weak.. didnt have the same kind of settings to get the car how i wanted it to work..

could it have been as good.. maybe.. if i wanted to spend time with it.. but it made my cars.. feel RTR.. and they didnt drive the same.. i was overall slower on the track than i was the previous week..

not saying its bad.. just not for me..
I used to use Airtronics but never really liked the feel of the radio (forgot the model but it was their high end one) then I moved to Spectrum for 2.4 about 4yrs ago, had some glitching problems and switched over to the Futaba 3PM and never had any problems. I updated to the 4PK when I got my crawler and have been very happy with that as well. One track I race at everyone runs Spectrum the other track the majority run Futaba. When you look at response times I can't imagine many of us at a non pro level can tell a difference?

I bought a boat this summer that came with a Spectrum system and I have not had any problems with the newest generation but have not been out to many locations and have not run with more then 4 boats at a time yet?
Old 12-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Speedy S

Start with a 13 and go from there, I'm starting to try different things with my pro 4600 and rx8. As turning the current limit up from 80% to 95% and adding some timing from 10-15 adding timing in 1% incerments and coming down a tooth on the pinion. To see what works better then 80% current limit 10 timming and 13-14t pinion.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Yes you will not have as much pressure in the shock to rebound like with a bladder shock.
Ok i dont see any binding. Arms are drilled for clearance and all else is free. Other racers just have looked at my truck when walkin thru pits and always notice my shocks dont rebound like others
Old 12-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Littlejohn Dsgn
Thanks I planned on stopping by Saturday mid day I need to get my money out of paypal and into the checking account ..... to bad I couldn't just pay by paypal Now theres a good idea the lhs needs to have a paypal account would make it so much easier to spend my rc money
Deff go with the Deans wet noodle wires, there super flexy and there a copper wire which is the 2nd best to straight silver wire. I just picked up 4ft of black and red and did my rx8-pro 4 setup its maybe 10 pages back, and its got double what most wires have for strains @ the same gauge wire. best stuff hands down
Old 12-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bondonutz
My track is the same way. Just changed them over to emulsion. I'll let you know how it works for me Sunday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.