Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
it's not about the voltage, it's about the work...

if you gear the 1410 for nearly the same MPH on 2s as 3s you won't generate more heat at the motor. It will work just fine.

That said the 1415 2400 is really designed for 3s use, so it will be a monster on 3s vs 2s. This is a bigger motor now on the correct voltage, you can gear for even more top speed with no ill effect vs the smaller 3800.

A fan may buy you 1t on either voltage, past it's normal operating max with out the fan in the given application.
ygm
Old 03-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Anyone know where to get the losi hd ball ends i would like to get them and there out of stock everywhere.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Short answer YES, the 1415 is basically a 4-pole 550 capable of more output than the smaller 1410 540 4-pole. On 3s voltage the 1415 can be geared up to exceed the top end of the 3800 easily and do it in proper temp with no fan. Now with 2s setups the 1410 has higher rpm's (higher kv) and can be geared properly so it is a better choice in this application. As many found out on low voltage the 1415 was limited by the motor mount to how high you can gear it so it seemed like a dog w/ the lower rpm and inability to gear it up to make up the ground. With a 3s config again the gearing falls into line (normal sizes) and you can really make the 1415 shine to it's full potential.
Hey there,
I really do appreciate the input you are providing.
I am a little new to all these Kvs, cells, Amps etc...
Will have to buy a 3s to try on my 2400 Kv; will mostly have to go up in pinion size (21T fit on the stock motor mount I believe).
Again, thank you very much.
Best,
V
Old 03-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rrussell
Anyone know where to get the losi hd ball ends i would like to get them and there out of stock everywhere.
A new shipment of these arrive the end of the month so should be in stock the first week of April.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Motor Decision...

So I just picked up a TEN-SCTE roller and I am ready to buy electronics. Only problem is I having a hard time deciding on a motor. Here's the situation...

I run 2wd open short course trucks and 2wd mod truck currently and both have Tekin RS. So, I have a bunch of 2S 5000mAh 50C LiPo's.

So, to utilize my LiPo's and the Hotwire, I am planning to get a Tekin RX8 ESC and run 2S LiPo's in the truck.

I am looking at the Tekin Pro4 4600kV or the Tekin SC4X 4.5 turn. I've done some research and most things I've read said the Pro4 is the better choice for low end torque. I run on an indoor clay track that is roughly 130' X 80'.

I'm looking for your guys input and first-hand knowledge of the two. If someone has had both and can tell me a little about then and give your opinion that would be great.

Thanks,
Greg
Old 03-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fishboy
So I just picked up a TEN-SCTE roller and I am ready to buy electronics. Only problem is I having a hard time deciding on a motor. Here's the situation...

I run 2wd open short course trucks and 2wd mod truck currently and both have Tekin RS. So, I have a bunch of 2S 5000mAh 50C LiPo's.

So, to utilize my LiPo's and the Hotwire, I am planning to get a Tekin RX8 ESC and run 2S LiPo's in the truck.

I am looking at the Tekin Pro4 4600kV or the Tekin SC4X 4.5 turn. I've done some research and most things I've read said the Pro4 is the better choice for low end torque. I run on an indoor clay track that is roughly 130' X 80'.

I'm looking for your guys input and first-hand knowledge of the two. If someone has had both and can tell me a little about then and give your opinion that would be great.

Thanks,
Greg
the 4 pole motors are just better suited to these trucks IMO. either the pro4, or the tenshock SC411's are the way to go in this truck.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snwchris
They're fine with holes in the tires, I have a couple sets like that and a set with holes in the rims as well. There's a quite a few at the track running with holes in the tires as well.

Jay, just so you know indoor is almost over, the Shoot-Out race this weekend is the last big race before outdoors starts up depending on weather.
I think Ryan will run Indoors for a couple weeks in April, but again it depends on the weather.
Thanks for all the advice I will give the 5-7-3 a try. I am anxious for the outdoor to start because I work all day Saturdays and can't race indoors. I am just trying to get set up with the slicks for practice or if Ryan has rain days that go indoors on Sundays. Last year I didn't have any slicks for any vehicles so if we got rained out outside I didn't bother with indoors, but I hope to make most races on Sundays in or outdoors. Again thanks for the help with set up and the link to the batterys.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks,
Greg
I would also go with the pro4 over the 4.5t but you might want to ask around the track I run at a track close in size the the 4600 is way to much most guys running pro4's are using the 4000
Old 03-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
the 4 pole motors are just better suited to these trucks IMO. either the pro4, or the tenshock SC411's are the way to go in this truck.
Thanks for the info. I don't know much about the tenshock stuff. I'll have to look into that as well.

Greg
Old 03-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rrussell
try this number for parts 928-453-7111 ask for Kim say chuck sent ya thanks
Old 03-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lethal19
I would also go with the pro4 over the 4.5t but you might want to ask around the track I run at a track close in size the the 4600 is way to much most guys running pro4's are using the 4000
Our track configurations usually favor the 8th scale guys (usually one or two long straights and two good size double/triples. So even on a 2S pack the 4000 might be the better route?

Thanks,
Greg
Old 03-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I like the 4600 better even for a short track. Use a 12T or 13T pinion and you can always turn your EPA down if it's too fast. The 4600 has a little less bottom end and for me it was easier to drive.

Our track configurations usually favor the 8th scale guys (usually one or two long straights and two good size double/triples. So even on a 2S pack the 4000 might be the better route?

Thanks,
Greg
Old 03-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just wanted to say thank you to Venom. Had a 5000mah 40c lipo not balance, sent it in and will be getting a 50c 5000mah back.

This is what CS should be, emails answered quickly and making the customer feel like he/she is important. Some of you remember my Orion lipo ordeal. Venom is far and away a better company for us to deal with and will get more of my and other fellow racers business.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by "Smiley"
Another win for the SCTE. Won the Pro 4 class at the Dialed Inc race this past weekend in Louisiana. The truck was dialed with my BCE Chassis.
Way to go Smiley!

Two weeks ago I qualified 6th and finished 6th (sportsman class) with my new BCE chassis with your setup, the truck was glued to the track. Thanks for all the help.
It will be another 6 weeks before I get to race with y'all due to work getting in the way.

Keith
Old 03-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
That was really fun watching you guys in your race. You both ran great, very few errors and really clean! You guys are both ready to step up! Unfortunately for me, after running decent in the first qualifier, I ended up missing my Main because the pin in my center driveshaft started coming out and chewed a hole into my Motor Had to buy another Pro4 4600kv motor today so I could race at OCRC. Jared, tell Gavri to send you the pic he took of it, it's crazy to see a Tekin Pro4 with a hole in the side of the can Hopefully see you guys again next Saturday at WCRC
Yeah that was a great day of racing Scott, thanks for all the pointers. I am just happy to run with such a good group of guys, like yourself out there @ WCRC. I actually saw your Pro4 that was a major bummer, hopefully they can fix that up for you.

I have recently added a few things to my SCTE including, HA pivot ball set w/new rod ends (thank you overdriverc) HA steering tube, TLR Chassis braces, and some fresh Gold Codes on AKA Cyclones. Also just scored this new body from Kustom RC Graphics! I will be at round#1 of the JConcepts race @WCRC on Sunday, hope to see some of you there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.