Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
I highly doubt it. The SCTE is a great truck. They do need a new 2wd SCT though. I have no fondness for the xxx-sct piles. If a 22 sct doesn't get released soon, I'll be picking up the durango 210 sct....even if it sticks out in my sea of losi vehicles.
I think it will, and there is a company on here that made a chassis for the 22t to make it into a sct. There doing its last final test at the outback race this weekend.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1tenner
So I just got my brand new scte and tlr tuning kit from amain and I pulled it all apart so I can clean the grease out of the diffs and put different fluid in them. When I got the front one apart there was only 1 bearing. I tore the room apart thinking I might have lost it'd but I only remember taking one off and there isn't anywhere else it could be. So whatever I picked up one from the lhs and now I'm sitting back down to work on it. Now I can get the diff housing together so it will turn smooth. Its like the ring gear is too tight against the center drive gear and it makes a racket when I turn it (by hand and not installed yet of course). It seems like its missing a shim to set the mesh right. The rear one seemed to go together OK butif I tiighten the diffcase bolts enough to keep fluid in the diff tightened up ad feels rough.

Anyone have any advice on getting the diffs and cases together so they turn smooth and free of excessive friction?
OK so I took out the center diff and found a thin shim between the diff and the bearing on the motor mount. I'm thinking that there is a missing shim or two that are sitting on the factory assembly table next to the other bearing that was missing from my front diff. At least now I know what I need to order to get it working right....
Old 03-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK so I took out the center diff and found a thin shim between the diff and the bearing on the motor mount. I'm thinking that there is a missing shim or two that are sitting on the factory assembly table next to the other bearing that was missing from my front diff. At least now I know what I need to order to get it working right....
No shims in the front diff. Are you trying to shim your ring and pinion?
Old 03-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

i just put in the front aluminum hinge pin holder in the front with all zeros,what are u guys running in the rear?
Old 03-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LosiMadMan
No shims in the front diff. Are you trying to shim your ring and pinion?
I see that in the manual...no shim. It apparently mine need one. And yes. It seems the mesh on the ring and pinion is too tight.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys.

I will be running a Tekin SC4X 5.5 any suggestions on gearing?
Old 03-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

thats the only spot that a shim will work, on the f/r diffs there really isn't a way to shim them like that, you will need to shim them with a 5x8mm shim on the pinion, the other shim on the center diff is to keep the spur off the motor mount,,, I know I tried that last summer with mine, still got a that extra shims I was gonna use in the front and rear diffs in my pit box, lol
Old 03-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wcrase101
thats the only spot that a shim will work, on the f/r diffs there really isn't a way to shim them like that, you will need to shim them with a 5x8mm shim on the pinion, the other shim on the center diff is to keep the spur off the motor mount,,, I know I tried that last summer with mine, still got a that extra shims I was gonna use in the front and rear diffs in my pit box, lol

Bummer. I can't shim the pinion because that would make it tighter. As it is its noisy almost like a ratchet. Input it all back together for now. I'll mess with it more later I guess.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Bummer. I can't shim the pinion because that would make it tighter. As it is its noisy almost like a ratchet. Input it all back together for now. I'll mess with it more later I guess.
Shimming the pinion just moves it in it doesn't move it twords the ring gear and make it tighter. I used to shim my pinion on my 8ight and it made it buttery smooth.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:57 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone figure out how to get a hold of 3,5x7x1 spacers in the cheapest way?
Old 03-02-2012, 02:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doitinthedirt
I have the battery moved towards the rear of the truck..next step for me is to do the shock oil,ride hight,and springs...I bought my truck used so as for the diff I have no clue what he has in it..ill check the first couple of 100's pages for diff set ups..lol thanks for the help/ info
I'm using mostly the Aaron Lane setup with some slight deviations and really like using 7-5-3 in my diffs. I run on an indoor high bite track though.
Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle RC
Let me start by saying I don't want this question to turn into a flame war, I'm trying to decide between the two choices I've listed and not looking for any others. I currently run the Copperhead 5150 and am quite pleased with the performance although I am considering trying a sensored system again, I've ran the Tekin 4600/RX8 combo prior to the copperhead and I wasn't that pleased with the smoothness of the esc. So, now I'm trying to decide on whether to try the new team orion r10 pro with either a tekin 4600 or another brand 550 can or go with the vtx10r and one of there 550 can motors. I would like actual information from those of you that run these, not that you've heard or you know someone who knows someone. I run on a large indoor 160' by 70' track, the truck is lighter than stock but not super light. If you run the r10 pro or vtx10r in the SCTE I'd like to hear some details as to the motor's, temps, track size and if your running any fans, Thanks...
I'm running the Pro4 4600 with a Hobbywing 120amp esc. It's buttery smooth. The RX8 runs on dual mode while the H-wing does not, it's ALWAYS operating sensored.
Originally Posted by LosiMadMan
The SCTE is a converted 10th scale Truggy the Ten T and the 10th scale buggy. These vehicles are based on the 8th scale 8ight but do not share the same parts. The Ten T parts were the same design just smaller than the 8ight. This X-ray conversion uses the same drivetrain from the 808 8th scale buggy witch is a pretty much copy of the 8ight. I'm pretty sure the rules state that you can not do a direct conversion using a 8th scale drivetrain. I could be wrong though. If it was legal then Losi should have done a direct parts conversion on the 8ight to a SC.
you do realize the SCTE is also based off of an 810 right? So going by that same ruling, we couldn't run the SCTE because it was also at one point based around the very same vehicle that was an undersized 1/8th scale buggy. Honestly, I agree with whoever said, put it in the box, if it fits the dimensions, uses SC tires & body and runs on 2s lipo, it's all fair game. The irony here is, I used to think that 4wd SC should be an open class as far as motors and batts go. But with the current crop of motors, 2s seems to be plenty. So I can honestly say I've had an about face on that subject. Maybe 3s limits for outdoors.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Smith
Hey guys.

I will be running a Tekin SC4X 5.5 any suggestions on gearing?
i have that motor also and i run between a 15t and 16t
Old 03-02-2012, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Just to confirm the Losi 22 1mm shock limiting spacers can be used when putting the low friction orings in. You don't have to buy a whole 1/8 shock rebuild kit to get them. Lucky for me I have a 22 and already had both.

Orings
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...haft-O-Rings-8

Spacers
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ter-Set-TLR-22

Last edited by elex300; 03-02-2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

Then these should work, a bit cheaper than a 1/8 rebuild set atleast.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ter-Set-TLR-22
Old 03-02-2012, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Blue sleeve is nothing more than heat shrink...I forget what size or what pack it came in. Works perfectly

Weight of both chassis is same. As far as flex, I want some flex....some flex is good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.