Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Any answers?

So a ran a little test at the track this morning. I ran my Mini 8, my XXX-SCT both with the same dx3c both running sr300's. No loss of reception ever with either and my dx3c battery voltage was 5.5-5.4.

Next I ran my SCTE with the same dx3c and a sr300. Voltage on the dx3c by now was down to 5.2 volts. Glitch glitch glitch. It ran for a while and as soon as it started to glitch it read 5.2 volts. Now I dont claim to know alot about batteries but that is not technicaly a low battery.

The next part of my test was to replace my rechargeable dx3c batteries with brand spankin new AA batts. Volts now read 6.1. and NO glitching(loss of signal).

So here is my question: What is happening on the SCTE rtr that is causing this loss of signal that is not happening on my Mini 8, and my XXX-SCT?

Thanks...
Old 01-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

you dont mention what servos you're running in those
Old 01-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default Lil Help...

Can I get a LiL help...

I got this in a trade and the guy said it was a SCTE but I sold it on ebay and the buyer sent it back stating it wasn't a SCTE it was a Losi Ten T conversion.

All I know about it is that it has the RC8 buggy conversion to run buggy wheels instead of SC wheel. I'm not sure why someone would want to do that but hey that what's on her. To me it sure looks like a SCTE but the chassis kind of doesn't look right with the screw hole for the nitro motor.

Please advise...

Thanks,
E
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-dscf1933.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-dscf1934.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-dscf1194.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-dscf1195.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-dscf1192.jpg  

Old 01-27-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by BSchorr
That $35 radio is crap. Get rid of that junk!

It is i could never get that dam radio to work on any of my cars i even tried somebodys elses did the samething i tried everything to get it to work moral of the story its sitting on my work bench collecting dust lol.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by BmainStar
NO Losi just threw the RTR together with out testing and hope people will by it ! It only will run on 6s batts Losi`s r&d is top notch and Ryan who `s baby this is, will not just let sum thin roll out for Mustard's sake!! Add a carbon rear tower and a little better servo if your going to race and join the fun and the podium my friend!

Lol yea i would be racing it and of course i whould change the steering servo to a better one i just need to rebuild the servos to use them. Carbon rear tower i could get.

I have a better radio to use for it also just need to get a extra RX.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motorfinger
Kuya,

I have the R10 Pro in my SCTE and it powers a Trinity 4.5 550 can. I LOVE IT!!! It is so smooth and the brakes are awesome. If you get one just put the Dakota Phend set-up on it and your golden!!! You'll be grinning like this guy---->
Thanks! I'll probably pick one up today to run this weekend, I've only used Tekin (for namebrand esc's) and I'm excited to try something different.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
Can I get a LiL help...

I got this in a trade and the guy said it was a SCTE but I sold it on ebay and the buyer sent it back stating it wasn't a SCTE it was a Losi Ten T conversion.

All I know about it is that it has the RC8 buggy conversion to run buggy wheels instead of SC wheel. I'm not sure why someone would want to do that but hey that what's on her. To me it sure looks like a SCTE but the chassis kind of doesn't look right with the screw hole for the nitro motor.

Please advise...

Thanks,
E
Looks like a SCTE to me, just with 1/8 wheel adapters. Huh
Old 01-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Can I get a LiL help...

Please advise...

Thanks,
E
The guy is correct. If you look at the chassis it's shorter than an SCTE. Look close where the side guards are close to the rear arms. The SCTE has a bigger gap there, sorry you got took man.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gawith0413
Looks like a SCTE to me, just with 1/8 wheel adapters. Huh
nope the chassis is to short,on the scte where the rear diff case is the chassis starts to narrow,that chassis doesnt start to narrow towards the rear diff.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Can I get a LiL help...

Please advise...

Thanks,
E
That is a 10T chassis. Look how the side mud guards are too short. The 10T is about 3/4th of an inch shorter if I'm not mistaken. New chassis and a new rear drive shaft and then it is a SCTE.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Can I get a LiL help...

Please advise...

Thanks,
E
to make that an SCTE you would need:

chassis
center rear driveshaft
SCTE axles
SCTE wheel hexes
Old 01-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Carlson
The guy is correct. If you look at the chassis it's shorter than an SCTE. Look close where the side guards are close to the rear arms. The SCTE has a bigger gap there, sorry you got took man.
I see it now!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
That is a 10T chassis. Look how the side mud guards are too short. The 10T is about 3/4th of an inch shorter if I'm not mistaken. New chassis and a new rear drive shaft and then it is a SCTE.
Ok any idea on how to sell this thing.

I guess say it's a Ten T with a buggy wheel conversion oh boy not sure if that would ever sell.

or

Buy the parts to convert it to a SCTE and then sell it but how much is that going to cost for all of the parts...?

Maybe I could find a used chassis, Center rear driveshaft and some axles
Old 01-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Ok any idea on how to sell this thing.

I guess say it's a Ten T with a buggy wheel conversion oh boy not sure if that would ever sell.

or

Buy the parts to convert it to a SCTE and then sell it but how much is that going to cost for all of the parts...?

Maybe I could find a used chassis, Center rear driveshaft and some axles
i have a "New" stock chassis....took it off when i opened the box!...LOL!...i could post you a picture....i have the stock wheel hex also.....
Old 01-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigemike
For anyone who runs spektrum with savox and is having glitching issues.

The stock servo on the RTR scte should be able to operate without glitching you are probably finding that you are having problems after adding a bigger servo

You can run 7.4 from the lipo straight to the reciever with no bec. just like in nitro cars with spektrum they can handle 2s lipo to power the reciever. The savox servo can also handle the voltage. you can pull the red wire out of the esc's reciever plug after you wire the 7.4v into the reciever. to do this you wire directly from your +/- of battery to a connector that will plug into your reciever like a glitch buster does. you can add an inline switch to make and on /off for your truck

now if you run any other brand like futaba you have to run a bec to lower the voltage to 6v.

I have been adding a bec to all my bigger vehicles these days. Between the amp draw of the motors and high amp draw of the servos you will see alot of issues with brown outs especially with anything that is a castle brand esc.

You might also get away with one of the newer capacitor banks like this as well

http://www.hobbypartz.com/sucamoforxse.html

I think lrp and castle have come out with similar capacitor setups.

The stock servo on the RTR scte should be able to operate without glitching you are probably finding that you are having problems after adding a bigger servo
Most RC car ESCs are not opto-isolated, I actually know of only one example that is (the castle 1/5 scale conversion ESC). This means your battery and ESC share the same grounds. To run a high voltage servo directly on your pack voltage you only need to run a wire from the positive side of the battery into your RX.

YOU MUST REMOVE the red wire from the ESC to disable the internal BEC. I use a modified servo extension for this purpose, as you can still program the ESC without much trouble. If your ESC is not programmable you can pull the red pin and shrink wrap it.

Most savox servos, even though they are not rated at 2S lipo will run fine on it. You will of course lose your warranty if they find out you ran a high voltage system. I have personally been running Align servos (rebranded Savox 1256 1257 and 1258 servos) on direct 2S systems for 3 years. Some other good servos on HV setups are the Hitec 7955TG and any of the Futaba brushless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.