Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

do the losi ten t & the losi ten scte use the same chassis cause i am looking to convert my ten t into a losi ten scte sct.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darryl80
do the losi ten t & the losi ten scte use the same chassis cause i am looking to convert my ten t into a losi ten scte sct.
Just posted a used SCTE chassis in the for sale section.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
That is a 10T chassis. Look how the side mud guards are too short. The 10T is about 3/4th of an inch shorter if I'm not mistaken. New chassis and a new rear drive shaft and then it is a SCTE.
Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
to make that an SCTE you would need:

chassis
center rear driveshaft
SCTE axles
SCTE wheel hexes
Originally Posted by Factory Seal
i have a "New" stock chassis...For Sale....took it off when i opened the box!...LOL!...i could post you a picture....i have the stock wheel hex also.....
Originally Posted by darryl80
all the above post should answer your questions
Old 01-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jewn_beef
Can also run alum. Diff inserts instead of plastic

What Alum diff inserts ?
Old 01-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Linkdead
Most RC car ESCs are not opto-isolated, I actually know of only one example that is (the castle 1/5 scale conversion ESC). This means your battery and ESC share the same grounds. To run a high voltage servo directly on your pack voltage you only need to run a wire from the positive side of the battery into your RX.

YOU MUST REMOVE the red wire from the ESC to disable the internal BEC. I use a modified servo extension for this purpose, as you can still program the ESC without much trouble. If your ESC is not programmable you can pull the red pin and shrink wrap it.

Most savox servos, even though they are not rated at 2S lipo will run fine on it. You will of course lose your warranty if they find out you ran a high voltage system. I have personally been running Align servos (rebranded Savox 1256 1257 and 1258 servos) on direct 2S systems for 3 years. Some other good servos on HV setups are the Hitec 7955TG and any of the Futaba brushless.
i have just switched to little 800mah 2s lipo sits on top center diff. fixed all my glitch issues dont like the bec seems hard to find good spot for it always end up zipping it to the motor wires or something
Old 01-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by firejosh
So a ran a little test at the track this morning. I ran my Mini 8, my XXX-SCT both with the same dx3c both running sr300's. No loss of reception ever with either and my dx3c battery voltage was 5.5-5.4.

Next I ran my SCTE with the same dx3c and a sr300. Voltage on the dx3c by now was down to 5.2 volts. Glitch glitch glitch. It ran for a while and as soon as it started to glitch it read 5.2 volts. Now I dont claim to know alot about batteries but that is not technicaly a low battery.

The next part of my test was to replace my rechargeable dx3c batteries with brand spankin new AA batts. Volts now read 6.1. and NO glitching(loss of signal).

So here is my question: What is happening on the SCTE rtr that is causing this loss of signal that is not happening on my Mini 8, and my XXX-SCT?

Thanks...
Get rid of that sr300 and switch to a 3200 or something in the same ballpark. That reciever is a cheapo $35 reciever. I'm sure there are plenty of people it works for but I would give that a shot. I run a DX3R and a 3200 and I've had zero issues. I know that a DX3R is expensive, that's why I suggest ditching that sr300. You can pick up a 3200 on fleabay for a decent price.

I don't know though after looking up the price of tha DX3C the 3200 is almost as much and a new DX3c. I'm not a big fan of RTR eltronics though. If its possible I would upgrade your radio to a DX3r or DX3R pro so if you have other Losi's it will be compatible. There are also other options for radios out there. It really sounds like a transmitter/reciever issue.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
What Alum diff inserts ?
+1
Old 01-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
Sup man long time no race...I was out at Pegs a couple of weeks back. Any new changes to that truck of yours?
How`s it going Jayson? Been a little too cold lately for me so have not been racing to much and my SCTE has been tore down waiting for me to get in that cold garage and add some new stuff!!Got the hard Ano pivot balls and shock bodies as well as the titanium turnbuckles for the 2.0 buggy ready to install.
Already have the TLR chassis and all the lite out drives and hinge holders installed.I switched from the high torque Hitec servo to the Spectrum 6040 for more speed now that my truck is lighted up so much.I am gonna re-up the electrics as well while it is down! The old RX8 took a Poo so need a new one just cant decide if I want the pro04 4600 like everyone else or stay with the CC 1410 with the new 5 mm shaft. The cc runs so cold and can jump and quad just about everywhere, it just runs so good but lacks the speed of the 4600.Do You still have your SCTE ? Did you ever install that Bce?I will get a Bce soon and rebuild my second truck with it.Was gonna run tonight with the SSC Lcg super Slash ,but that damn wind has been blowing so hard all day it`s gonna be a Burr fest tonight!!Hope all is well bro come out and play Soon!!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
What Alum diff inserts ?
Originally Posted by romax
+1
+2
Old 01-27-2012, 08:42 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jewn_beef
i have just switched to little 800mah 2s lipo sits on top center diff. fixed all my glitch issues dont like the bec seems hard to find good spot for it always end up zipping it to the motor wires or something
+1.

If you ever have glitching and you don't know if it's the esc, servo, or receiver or some combination of the three, and if using a capacitor or bec doesn't work, plugging in a small receiver pack will almost always fix it. Just sucks trying to find space for it and your adding weight.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Is there a way to get that gromet piece that goes in the ackerman bar? I lost one and without it i got like a half inch of slop on that side.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
How`s it going Jayson? Been a little too cold lately for me so have not been racing to much and my SCTE has been tore down waiting for me to get in that cold garage and add some new stuff!!Got the hard Ano pivot balls and shock bodies as well as the titanium turnbuckles for the 2.0 buggy ready to install.
Already have the TLR chassis and all the lite out drives and hinge holders installed.I switched from the high torque Hitec servo to the Spectrum 6040 for more speed now that my truck is lighted up so much.I am gonna re-up the electrics as well while it is down! The old RX8 took a Poo so need a new one just cant decide if I want the pro04 4600 like everyone else or stay with the CC 1410 with the new 5 mm shaft. The cc runs so cold and can jump and quad just about everywhere, it just runs so good but lacks the speed of the 4600.Do You still have your SCTE ? Did you ever install that Bce?I will get a Bce soon and rebuild my second truck with it.Was gonna run tonight with the SSC Lcg super Slash ,but that damn wind has been blowing so hard all day it`s gonna be a Burr fest tonight!!Hope all is well bro come out and play Soon!!!!

Yea I still have it, I am gonna install the BCE prolly tomorrow and try a different setup to get the car to rotate a little better when on high bite surfaces aka WCRC/ OCRC. I have the springs as well so gonna start playing around with springs and the roll center as well. Yea I'll be back out that way soon
Old 01-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
Is there a way to get that gromet piece that goes in the ackerman bar? I lost one and without it i got like a half inch of slop on that side.
I had to buy the ackerman bar set to get that peice, guess the good thing is then you have four of them even if it's way over priced for some lil flanged shims
Old 01-28-2012, 03:26 AM
MOE
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I bought an RTR scte, changed the servo to a savox 1258tg added a racers edge cap, put my spectrum sr3100 dsm2 receiver in it so I could use my DX3R.
I can say I never had an issue with glitching
Old 01-28-2012, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wcrase101
I had to buy the ackerman bar set to get that peice, guess the good thing is then you have four of them even if it's way over priced for some lil flanged shims
Me too!!!!! I think it's the only way as WC says; and it was on back order for a few days too but it's currently good at A Main anyway....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.