Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

I am hoping to make it in this weekend I have a truggy to put on consignment, I will bring in the scte too with the tower on it, I just sent an email to a local fab shop to see what they would charge to laser them out otherwise it takes me a day or two to make each one here at the shop (I can only use the mill during lunch when theres not real work being done on it)

I have plans for other parts as well, front shock tower, center driff brace, long rear chassis brace .... the normal stuff lol. If all goes will with more testing I will drop off a few towers and other parts for you guys to sell at the shop.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

I just ordered two of the Hardcase Nano-tech's cause my one soft Nano-tech says low volatage and wont take a charge and I need a hardcase to run in the Losi, I got the 50-100c and the 60-130c.

Also to who was saying the shock collars wont go on i beleive it, My truck was brand new when I installed them earlier this week and I had a hard time getting them on even with oil super tight fit. Your prolly going to need to take a razor blade very carefully and get the dirt that u dont see in the threads out to make it work.

I just drove my brand new truck with the TLR Kit and 3800/MMP on 13t pinion out on my track and man this truck is friggin SWEET. Handles amazing running with the Savox Servo. Thing is like on rails and jumps great.

This is now my favorite truck I want to call out of work and play with it all day haha. Losi did a great job making this truck and the TLR kit. I'm very happy

my track

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 10-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rcgod
I have mine down to less than 6# rtr and raced it on both tight high bite tracks and large 1/8 scale track with big doubles and it works great on both. Biggest difference is felt on the smaller track with quick transitions. Only time I can see it being an issue is if it's windy. Also if you get bumped by a full weight scte you will probably get the worst of it.
When you said less than 6 pounds rtr is it with the battery in and the cab?
I got the BCE chassis and all carbon parts and I'm at 6 lbs 11oz when I put the truck on the track for the race everything turn on on 2s battery.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Toiffel
yes, my problem is not on power steering, it's off power push.....
maybe that is it, don't get off power
When I first got this I was rolling corners like a 2wd, not anymore. now it's more of a blip off throttle turn while the weight transfer is in effect then jump right back on throttle and finish mid corner and exit on power

this is also the reason the sc10 4x4 get's run over on entry/mid
Old 10-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tntpower
I got the BCE chassis and all carbon parts and I'm at 6 lbs 11oz when I put the truck on the track for the race everything turn on on 2s battery.
Your at 6.68lbs... the SCTE RTR version lists out as 6.75
Old 10-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by namewasdallas
I just ordered two of the Hardcase Nano-tech's cause my one soft Nano-tech says low volatage and wont take a charge and I need a hardcase to run in the Losi, I got the 50-100c and the 60-130c.

Also to who was saying the shock collars wont go on i beleive it, My truck was brand new when I installed them earlier this week and I had a hard time getting them on even with oil super tight fit. Your prolly going to need to take a razor blade very carefully and get the dirt that u dont see in the threads out to make it work.

I just drove my brand new truck with the TLR Kit and 3800/MMP on 13t pinion out on my track and man this truck is friggin SWEET. Handles amazing running with the Savox Servo. Thing is like on rails and jumps great.

This is now my favorite truck I want to call out of work and play with it all day haha. Losi did a great job making this truck and the TLR kit. I'm very happy

my track

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
try a 15t pinion on that 1410!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
To ream the arms use a #28 drill bit. These are available at any decent hardware store.
What about the hub side of the arm? Same size? What does a #28 bit equal to in standard? I have plenty standard sizes,hate to buy a new bit if i dont have to...
Old 10-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

once you get to the ti turnbuckles, ti hinge pins, either carbon hinge pin holders or losi's, light weight outdrives, carbon anchorman arm. thats where the big saving is as the stockers are all steel. doing the towers and chassis wont "show" much gain as they are already aluminum to begin with. you can also remove more wight bu cutting the nerf guards, battery box, and rear bumper.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

9/64"

Originally Posted by nitro0619
What about the hub side of the arm? Same size? What does a #28 bit equal to in standard? I have plenty standard sizes,hate to buy a new bit if i dont have to...
Old 10-21-2011, 10:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
once you get to the ti turnbuckles, ti hinge pins, either carbon hinge pin holders or losi's, light weight outdrives, carbon anchorman arm. thats where the big saving is as the stockers are all steel. doing the towers and chassis wont "show" much gain as they are already aluminum to begin with. you can also remove more wight bu cutting the nerf guards, battery box, and rear bumper.
Who make Ti hinge pins? I was looking and amain doesn't list any...

From what I have seen; the trucks "heavy" seem to run great! Thats how I will be running mine!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

6# ready to hit the track. I have been pretty extreme in reducing weight, even using all aluminum nuts.

Carbon towers
Alum. Hinge pin holders
Removed rear bumper
Removed battery tray and mounted battery and esc to chassis
Cut down side guards
Bce chassis
Lightened outdrives
Relocated battery towards rear of chassis to get 50/50 balance
Lrp sphere esc
Tekin pro4 4600

Next on the list are ti turnbuckles and snr chassis and top plates

It will never be as light as the durango but motor temp and battery usage are getting better the lighter I make it.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus
he's got a 4600kv pro4
My truck pushed off power when I went to the pro4 after running the ck hobbies 4000. Pro4 has so much less drag off power that I had to add about 10% drag brake to get it to feel right.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rcgod
6# ready to hit the track. I have been pretty extreme in reducing weight, even using all aluminum nuts.

Carbon towers
Alum. Hinge pin holders
Removed rear bumper
Removed battery tray and mounted battery and esc to chassis
Cut down side guards
Bce chassis
Lightened outdrives
Relocated battery towards rear of chassis to get 50/50 balance
Lrp sphere esc
Tekin pro4 4600

Next on the list are ti turnbuckles and snr chassis and top plates

It will never be as light as the durango but motor temp and battery usage are getting better the lighter I make it.
I have
-bce chassis
-alumium hinge pin holder
-lightened outdrive
-snr graphite, shock tower,top plate,ackerman,center diff plate.
-rear t-bone bumper
-RX8
-Novak 4.5T ( waiting for my pro4 4600)
-nanotech 6000 batteries

I'm happy with my truck but i'm surprised of the final weight.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
Who make Ti hinge pins? I was looking and amain doesn't list any...

From what I have seen; the trucks "heavy" seem to run great! Thats how I will be running mine!
ridley used to make them as well as chris a. they are really neat/lightweight so cool that i bought 3 sets

http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/p...d=1415%3C/a%3E

good luck finding a set now
Old 10-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by isarctard
What diff fluids are you guys using for carpet?
I'm an oddball but am running 30,000, 30,000, 10,000 and found the Losi Strike tires hook up pretty good on our small carpet track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.