Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Thanks again guys! I'll be looking into these once I get the issues with my puffed Xcelorin sorted out.

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
i don't understand this. you say hitting cut off is bad and then recommend turning it up so you hit it sooner? what am i missing?
This also confused me. I thought the cut off was there to protect the battery?
Old 09-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stang
i think he is saying that it is too low and when you hit the cut off with it say 3.6 volts higher it is nowhere near as hard as 3.3 or 3.4 volts.
the guy never said what he had it set at. ryan just said hitting it was bad. i don't know what else one would do when running a lipo short of setting a timer and pulling your car off when the timer goes off.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Does anyone know what the spring colors or ratesare that come stock with the SCTE? Also, what shock fluid comes in the shocks from the factory? Thanks. Just trying to develop a baseline for my new baby.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcwarlock22
Does anyone know what the spring colors or ratesare that come stock with the SCTE? Also, what shock fluid comes in the shocks from the factory? Thanks. Just trying to develop a baseline for my new baby.
stock shock fluid is 30 all around and medium springs all around, sorry im not sure what the rate is on the spring.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks. That gives me an idea on where to start.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the guy never said what he had it set at. ryan just said hitting it was bad. i don't know what else one would do when running a lipo short of setting a timer and pulling your car off when the timer goes off.
LVC should be used as a warning, not a tool!With the RX8 you can adjust it higher like 3.66 etc. to keep it from that warning point.Lipos do not like to be discharged that low,some can hang better than others tho.I only run 8 mins max with my truck unless I am running a a ten min main and I still don't hit LVC with my $110 Venoms. I can run past twelve mins but the motor starts to melt LOL Again use it as a warning not a tool and your batteries will last a lot longer
Old 09-05-2011, 12:43 AM
Tech Regular

any reviews for the bump chassis ???
Old 09-05-2011, 02:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
Would like to get some feedback from the guys running the SNR chassis. I'd like to try one but I'm concerned about it being too stiff.
I'm running the 3.7mm and it's not too stiff and not too flexible in my opinion. I had a the drive shafts come out a few times on my stock chassis due to flex. Since I've gone to the SNR it hasn't happened even once. Now that being said, the SNR chassis allows you to run without the plastic spacer which not only lowers the center of gravity, but it also pushes the driveshafts slightly further into the outdrives which is probably more likely responsible for the lack of driveshafts pulling out of the outdrives more than stiffening the chassis would. But the way the cf is laid, it's supposed to stiffen it up front to back and still give you the torsional flex that you need for better turning. I just know I really like mine
Old 09-05-2011, 02:51 AM
Tech Regular

i don't understand this. you say hitting cut off is bad and then recommend turning it up so you hit it sooner? what am i missing?
normal cut off is 3.2v, its hard on the lipo to run it down to 3.2 then bring it back up again.

up your cut off to 3.4v, you will hit cut off sooner but its not as hard on the battery if your only bring it down to 3.4v instead of 3.2
Old 09-05-2011, 03:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I'm running the 3.7mm and it's not too stiff and not too flexible in my opinion. I had a the drive shafts come out a few times on my stock chassis due to flex. Since I've gone to the SNR it hasn't happened even once. Now that being said, the SNR chassis allows you to run without the plastic spacer which not only lowers the center of gravity, but it also pushes the driveshafts slightly further into the outdrives which is probably more likely responsible for the lack of driveshafts pulling out of the outdrives more than stiffening the chassis would. But the way the cf is laid, it's supposed to stiffen it up front to back and still give you the torsional flex that you need for better turning. I just know I really like mine
Thanks for the feedback. Do they come in different thicknesses? I only saw one on his website.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
Thanks for the feedback. Do they come in different thicknesses? I only saw one on his website.
I think he settled on the 3.7mm as his normal chassis. But you can also order the 4.2mm chassis if you request it. That's what Bustanut666 is running in his. Also, something that both of us are running even though both of us have different thickness chassis, we're both running the RC8 rear chassis brace, the SNR Chassis are already pre-drilled for it, so you don't have to worry about drilling new holes into your chassis. When I went to the RC8 brace, it seemed to make it a bit more predictable in and out of the corners.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:00 AM
Tech Rookie

kool
Old 09-05-2011, 05:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all,
I signed up to post some pics of my SCTE though I need 10 posts first. I have put them on the post as attachments. Went with a simple paint job being my first attempt and a few stickers for extra top end. The gunmetal was a mistake as I thought I had picked up black..so glad I did as it looks better than black IMO. It's all stock atm until I can get some diff oil and my springs arrive. Never raced before so it will stay stock until I get used to it or break shtuff. Running a 1410 and MMM on 3S currently with 13T pinion..temps seem ok so far with the castle blower and it's incredibly fast (well seems it for me). Interestingly I am getting absolutely no cogging, almost feels sensored except the startup squeal gives it away. Bolts out of the hole with no hesitation if you nail it from standstill. Could be the lack of diff oil helping (less traction, the front tyres baloon a far bit). Will swap to 2S and 15 or 16T to make it legal for racing as soon as I can affford some decent packs.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-2011-09-04-11.01.14s.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-2011-09-04-11.00.41s.jpg  
Old 09-05-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hacker07
The TLR chassis came in today as well as the TLR Tuning kits just so you all know. Should have then checked in and shipping tomorrow or Monday.
When to expect them in stores? amain hade them with an eta 9/7, but pushed it forward to 9/11 today or yesterday.

Got a big order on hold from them, but was waiting for the tuning kit. With the later date i'm gonna need to wait with the kit since i need the other stuff in order to race the upcoming weekends.

(and im in europe so the shipping takes a while)
Old 09-05-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
They will if he contacts customer service.
I hope so because i puffed mine in a race Sat. i'm not sure why it puffed in the race. (thank god it didn't melt down) 6 min heat, rx8, 4.5 motor

I will have to contact customer service and see what they say .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.