Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was wondering if anyone was having any issue's getting full steering throw with there 22? I have messed around with it for almost 3 days now am i missing something? Right now I'm maxed 120 to the left but need a little more throw to the left. I'm at 78 on the radio to the right and its fine. I'm using the stock losi servo horn. Any thoughts ?
Old 03-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I want to get another motor to go with a new RS Pro I bought, are the Redline motors good? What brand is the best (I know thats up for debate but I like to hear the various opinions)

Stay with the same brand as ESC for any poss compatibility issues or?
Old 03-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Q
I was wondering if anyone was having any issue's getting full steering throw with there 22? I have messed around with it for almost 3 days now am i missing something? Right now I'm maxed 120 to the left but need a little more throw to the left. I'm at 78 on the radio to the right and its fine. I'm using the stock losi servo horn. Any thoughts ?
Don't wanna be Capt. Obvious here but it sounds like the servo wasn't centered when you installed the horn. Take the horn off, center the servo and then put the horn back on centered.

There should never be that much side to side difference in endpoints. Mine are within a few clicks of each other and have no problem reaching maximun throw.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PanicRev
Don't wanna be Capt. Obvious here but it sounds like the servo wasn't centered when you installed the horn. Take the horn off, center the servo and then put the horn back on centered.

There should never be that much side to side difference in endpoints. Mine are within a few clicks of each other and have no problem reaching maximun throw.
I checked all of that when i built the car. I did everything per the instructions. Its driving me crazy..
Old 03-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by John Q
Move the starting servo horn position towards the center of the car, shorten the rack to servo link as required for centering.

Since the servo arm is higher than the rack, steering flattens the link and generates some right steering in both directions.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Also you can shorten or lengthen the linkage from the horn to the rack
Old 03-02-2012, 03:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jketron
I want to get another motor to go with a new RS Pro I bought, are the Redline motors good? What brand is the best (I know thats up for debate but I like to hear the various opinions)

Stay with the same brand as ESC for any poss compatibility issues or?
Yeah, you are opening the "Chevy vs. Ford" debate there.. Tekins are good, I like my Epic's, but they will all do the job, some brands do better at different motor turns though..
Old 03-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Just got my shorty pack to try out. Just looking here. Any suggestion where to start in terms of mounting? All the way back or full forward, maybe add a tad weight to either.

Suggestions appreciated.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HighLife420
Just got my shorty pack to try out. Just looking here. Any suggestion where to start in terms of mounting? All the way back or full forward, maybe add a tad weight to either.

Suggestions appreciated.
Most run the pack either with the battery mount in the rear position with the battey all the way forward in that of if you get the alum battery mount you can move that 10mm forward and run the shorty pack there. If you use the stock plastic mount you can get to this 10mm foward position with the mount in the forward position and laying one battey spacer down and have one up and that puts the battery in about the right spot.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Casper
Most run the pack either with the battery mount in the rear position with the battey all the way forward in that of if you get the alum battery mount you can move that 10mm forward and run the shorty pack there. If you use the stock plastic mount you can get to this 10mm foward position with the mount in the forward position and laying one battey spacer down and have one up and that puts the battery in about the right spot.
Thanks Casper. I think I understand what you mean. I have the aluminum
brace on order. Will be using the stock to start.

So the battery brace moves back and the battery pushed up against it with pads behind it?

Do you guys add any additional weight anywhere?
Old 03-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does anyone make a longer chassis for the 22 for converting it to a SC truck?
Old 03-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by scracer68
Does anyone make a longer chassis for the 22 for converting it to a SC truck?
There is the The Official RC Racing Designs TLR 22 SCT Conversion Thread for converting a 22t. You could convert a 22, but you would basically have to convert it to a 22T first. I see your name and your question doesn't make me wonder. There is a reason the SC class is refered to as "Short Bus" by most people that have been in this hobby pre-SC.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by HighLife420
Thanks Casper. I think I understand what you mean. I have the aluminum
brace on order. Will be using the stock to start.

So the battery brace moves back and the battery pushed up against it with pads behind it?

Do you guys add any additional weight anywhere?
The chassis has another mounting position for the battery brace for shorty pack lipos, it is more rear on the chassis.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jim Panebianco
The chassis has another mounting position for the battery brace for shorty pack lipos, it is more rear on the chassis.
Ya. I think that's one way he mentioned it. The other way was to just use foam to space it out with the brace in the front position. Going to test it tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hey guys, i have a question. My steering rack is worn out, and even though i dont have the skill to feel a difference on the track, it annoys the shit out of mee seeing my f-end flop around. i want to order a new one ,maybe even metal...but what wear out? is it just the slide or is it the whole assy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.