Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up New

Hey RCTech how's it going? I'm new to this forum as you probably can tell,lol.. Just want to use this a educational site on my buggy and will sit in and read questions every once and a while.. So far I have read and learned a tremendous amount from individuals on this forum. Keep them coming,lol.. Later...
Old 10-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motofan747
Yes i know that, i was using the included diff nut and screw.
If the diff spring is new it is always a good idea to squeeze it in some pliers to make sure it takes it's initial set.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
If the diff spring is new it is always a good idea to squeeze it in some pliers to make sure it takes it's initial set.
I usually compress the spring a couple of times in a vise before putting it in. Then the screw goes on easily
Old 10-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm running on a fairly smooth track with a whoop section that is kicking the rear out on the last whoop. I'm running kit springs with 55s (f/r) with 27.5 front and 25 rear. I'm thinking I'm getting too much pack out back and was going to try 54 pistons or 22.5 with the the 55s? Any recommendation on which way to go?
Old 10-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Madweazl- a wise man once told me, don't tune your suspension for one part of the track, tune it for the majority of the track.... But with that said ... 54's with 30 wt oil would probably help in that section
Old 10-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default video

Here is a video of my friend with his new Losi Racing 22 buggy at our new local indoor track. Thanks and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickcatt.../0/ggytqNLkJnE
Old 10-20-2011, 04:07 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nccattu
Here is a video of my friend with his new Losi Racing 22 buggy at our new local indoor track. Thanks and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickcatt.../0/ggytqNLkJnE
What track is that? The track looks nice, and your friend was going good with the car too!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M Chambers
Madweazl- a wise man once told me, don't tune your suspension for one part of the track, tune it for the majority of the track.... But with that said ... 54's with 30 wt oil would probably help in that section
I agree 100% but I dont think the change will hurt the rest of the layout (SDRC). Just found this (both inner rear hub bearings), suppose it could have been part of the problem.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tripthreat
What track is that?
Blue Groove Raceway in Greensboro NC
Old 10-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Did anyone have rubbing between the caster blocks and spindle itself. Thinking about taking the dremel and taking a little plastic away to take the tension away.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

quick question. I am trying to match the Dustin Evans setup as a starting point for my new 22. I think I have everything set but I dont see on the setup sheet if the short battery is supposed to be run forward or in the back. Also, what are you guys using for spacers to take up the extra room in the battery tray. Some kind of foam block I assume, but does anyone have anything they found that works well and is easy your hands on. Im not finding anything good in my Pile O' RC junk that seems like it will work. Im considering just cutting a chunk of styrofoam from some packaging and sticking it in there. Just wanted something that may look a little better than a white chunk.

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
quick question. I am trying to match the Dustin Evans setup as a starting point for my new 22. I think I have everything set but I dont see on the setup sheet if the short battery is supposed to be run forward or in the back. Also, what are you guys using for spacers to take up the extra room in the battery tray. Some kind of foam block I assume, but does anyone have anything they found that works well and is easy your hands on. Im not finding anything good in my Pile O' RC junk that seems like it will work. Im considering just cutting a chunk of styrofoam from some packaging and sticking it in there. Just wanted something that may look a little better than a white chunk.

Thanks in advance guys.
Pretty sure he is running one pad layed down in the rear. If you use the TLR aluminum battery tray its easy to do this since it has two sets of holes so you can run it forward enough to do this.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

If you move the plastic battey tray to the rear chassis holes you will end up with one "fresh" foam pad behind the battery and the battery up against the tray.
This has always given me the most rear grip.
Adding a second foam pad behind the battery gives more steering and makes the car too loose for me to drive but is the preferred position for many of the top drivers. Now that the optional aluminum battery tray is available it is easy to choose between the 2 positions using either of the 2 sets of mounting holes.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

any part(s) numbers for the gear diff we are supposed to use?
thanks!!
Old 10-21-2011, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well I had my first race night with the buggy on Wednesday. Ended up 2nd in the A main just behind a very good sponsored shumacker driver. The 22 ended up having the fastest lap and the fastest 5 10 and 20 lap averages however I got hacked out by traffic on the first three laps. After the race I realized the little screw holding the rear toe plate in the middle backed out and I noticed the rear end catching things here and there but I just assumed it was rocks lol. Oh well screw is replaced and all is well. Outset of the snagging once it fell out I'm not sure if it even affected the buggy at all. I need to tune the driver a.little more as I only had 2 battery packs worth of practice prior to the race day so it will get there. Hopefully next week ill have lady luck on my side. Love this thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.