Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Anybody have a decent mid motor setup? My track is as hard as asphalt and has total grip to the point that any tire will hook up...the balder the better. The mid motor set up should rock. I tried a Frank Root set up that I found online (West Coast setup I think) and my car handles like poop.....it also got almost immediate cruchy-diffitus. Anybody have something??
Old 07-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is it ok to set my pinion/spur mesh with 1 layer of plastic from a parts bag like I do with my 8ight clutch bell/spur gear?
Old 07-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TWRC
The first one that says RC10 all over it is a C4.1; I know. The one I'm referencing that says TLR and Twenty Two all over it is a 22. I understand what you meant.
Yeah, that's my bad. In skimming your post I read it as side by side instead of side to side!
Old 07-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WIITA
Not sure exactly what your issue was with the car but myself and a good dozen other guys around the state where I race have been running the car with great success. The car is very smooth, great through rough sections, has great steering, and rotates very well!! I have been running coreys setup which is on the TLR site and can't find anything I would want to change. I like to tinker, so I will change one thing, try it and always end up going back to his setup. The car just works well on all different types of tracks. I would suggest to anyone new to try the same thing. I have talked with corey and a couple other local TLR guys numerous times over the last few weeks and I can't tell you how helpfull he has been. Instead of getting on the thread and wishing for a new xxx cr, try asking for some help from someone. There are numerous losi guys on this thread that have always returned any pm's with questions that I have had. Again, just my opinion.

Thank you very much bud, I am very pleased that the setup I came up with works for you as well as it does for me !!!

Instead of bad mouthing a car (made by any brand) people should just ask questions, that what us factory guys are here for
Old 07-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Originally Posted by RedBMaster
Yeah, that's my bad. In skimming your post I read it as side by side instead of side to side!
Haha yea those two letters make a difference
Old 07-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Corey Bernardo
Thank you very much bud, I am very pleased that the setup I came up with works for you as well as it does for me !!!

Instead of bad mouthing a car (made by any brand) people should just ask questions, that what us factory guys are here for
Hey Corey, How are you. I decided to follow your lead and leave TQ Racing.

I have been working with Matt Chambers for a while on a set up for our home track. It goes from being slick early to extremely high bite, pink slicks. It's pretty much Dustin's set up with a few changes. Give it a try, I think you will like it; I remember we ran about the same TQ setup.

Front: 0 bump steer, spindles equally spaced 1mm top and bottom, orange spring, 2mm limiters.
Rear: 1-B 0 washers under inner ballstud 2mm on hub, hubs 1mm forward.

Everything else is the same as Dustin's. Matt and I both Love it, as well as most of the rest of the fast guys at our track. For those of you who struggled with the car over rotating on exit and on throttle, this should fix it. If you need more rear grip move the rear hubs forward; less, move it back. If you like more steering going in, move the spindle down like Dustin's. If your track is loose the Red spring might be better.

The track at the Worlds looked pushy with a lot of forward bite, so I don't know if this set up worked at the worlds.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Arne- I like how that setup looks, I will be giving it a try. I like a "balanced" setup and the Evans is too loose for my tastes. I have been wanting to try a stiffer front spring for a while now but I need to pick some up. That rear camber link is similar to what I used to run on my XXXCR.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I tried Corey's setup (for the most part) on my track last night after struggling with the Dustin setup the previous night, our track is large outdoor, 1/8th track but with no large jumps to speak of, the layout is half a season old and is very wore out, hard packed and bumpy. Its hard pack but still somewhat dusty and very loose. When we water it, its good for about 30 minutes then its dry and slick again.

I've been running Double D's on the back, stock foams, they seem pretty good. I am still having a little trouble with the car over-rotating coming out of the corner. Its great going in, center, and off at first, and then right at the last second it starts coming around and I have to breathe the throttle. I am using the stock rear hexes, and the 4 Degree toe block because the 3.5 is out of stock at my LHS. I used white springs on the rear last night. Using a full-length lipo, all the way back.

On another note, has anybody had any problems with the front hinge pins that go through the arm and bulkhead shearing off? See attached
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread-photo2.jpg  
Old 07-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chuckinator
What type of track are you running on? There is more that goes into foam selection then just weather the track is indoor or outdoor.
Medium size outdoor clay with medium bite in the morning and a littler higher in the afternoon. Plus it REAL HOT outside
Old 07-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastzach
I tried Corey's setup (for the most part) on my track last night after struggling with the Dustin setup the previous night, our track is large outdoor, 1/8th track but with no large jumps to speak of, the layout is half a season old and is very wore out, hard packed and bumpy. Its hard pack but still somewhat dusty and very loose. When we water it, its good for about 30 minutes then its dry and slick again.

I've been running Double D's on the back, stock foams, they seem pretty good. I am still having a little trouble with the car over-rotating coming out of the corner. Its great going in, center, and off at first, and then right at the last second it starts coming around and I have to breathe the throttle. I am using the stock rear hexes, and the 4 Degree toe block because the 3.5 is out of stock at my LHS. I used white springs on the rear last night. Using a full-length lipo, all the way back.

On another note, has anybody had any problems with the front hinge pins that go through the arm and bulkhead shearing off? See attached

i bet the problem is , you arent running silver wide body fronts and m4 holeshot rears
Old 07-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I need to fix my steering as the rack has developed quite a bit of slop. Have you guys been going to an aluminum slide or delrin? Are you replacing the housing as well or just the rack?

Any links to what I should order???? Thanks
Old 07-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fullsyzz
Rear Losi foams work good in the front. AKA inserts are kickass for the rear.
+1
Old 07-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Smoother surface = firmer foam

Bumpy surface = softer foam

Losi foams are on the soft side. You also have to account for the tire compound, a silver will have a stiffer sidewall than a red.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastzach
not yet! but i had the same happened with the king pin screws between F hub carrier and arm. Broke right where the thread ends.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I have tried the delrin version and is very good. no sign of wear yet. It comes with a little higher tolerance, so it does require a short break-in period. Took me two 5min races to wear it in. Now its silky smooth and no slop.

http://thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_cate...GY&action=list

The alu version is now available though major hobby retailers, but have not tried it as yet. Happy with the delrin for now, but the weight factor might come in handy with an alu slider if you need to add weight to the front end..

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz
I need to fix my steering as the rack has developed quite a bit of slop. Have you guys been going to an aluminum slide or delrin? Are you replacing the housing as well or just the rack?

Any links to what I should order???? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.