Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ohiorck
Casper,
I'm still confused. My battery has a positive and a negative hole in it, and a balance plug with wires back to the battery. Also included are a red and black no 14 wires about 4 inches long with bullet ends that plug into the battery, so as I see it, I just need to solder on a Deans connector and with another Deans on the ESC, I'm all set. Stll trying to figure out what you are going to do with the bullet connectors. Are you putting these between the motor and ESC?
Most people just put the bullet connectors on the esc and then plug them into the battery. the supplied lead is intended for use while charging. You could use it as you have been but then you are introducing another part that can cause resistance and power loss...not enough to notice..but this can also increase heat.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Ok. The included wires you solder your favorite connector to the open end (what ever is on your charger). Then you use those wires for charging. The bullet ends go into your battery (red pos, Black neg and small one in the balance port). Then you plug the white connector into your balance port and plug the connector to your charger.

For running the battery in your car you only use the Pos and Neg ports. So you can solder a male bullet to your ESC negative wire and plug that into the Neg port and then solder a male bullet to your ESC positive wire and plug that into the positive port and you are good to go.

The included wires are for charging and not for using in your vehicle.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ohiorck
Casper,
I'm still confused. My battery has a positive and a negative hole in it, and a balance plug with wires back to the battery. Also included are a red and black no 14 wires about 4 inches long with bullet ends that plug into the battery, so as I see it, I just need to solder on a Deans connector and with another Deans on the ESC, I'm all set. Stll trying to figure out what you are going to do with the bullet connectors. Are you putting these between the motor and ESC?
Instead of putting the deans on the speedo to the battery . Put the bullets on the speedo and use those to plug into the battery . it is just another option .
Old 02-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Initiate

AHHHHHHHH, light bulb moment. Thanks guys. I understand now. I just could not see it any other way. All my other lipo's have wires soldered on to the battery, so I was not seeing the reason to not just plug the wires into the battery and them it would be like all my other lipo's. Now I have to buy some bullet connectors before my 22 comes in.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+/- 20 days to go !
Old 02-28-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dirk702
+/- 20 days to go !
it's too bad that the 20th is on a Sunday so if anything it'll be +/- 21 days to go....... but who's keeping track.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Plus shipping time to my LHS! can't wait to start building this kit.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:34 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thndrtygr
What are the chances of these being available for purchase at RCX in March?
It is possible. Ultimately, it is up to the retailers to get them in stock and bring them to the show. Losi/TLR will not be selling them in their booth. The dates of RCX make it unlikey since the current ETR is Sunday of RCX.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

TLR and the 22 should get a spot as a sponsor on the jersey of Chad Reed and his TWO TWO racing team.

"I'd like to thank all my sponsors, Honda...and of course TLR Team Losi Racing and the 22 for all their help..."

Yeh, the pass last weekend was legit, Bubba could have checked up but he decided to pin it and blast thru Reed and it didn't work, again.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
TLR and the 22 should get a spot as a sponsor on the jersey of Chad Reed and his TWO TWO racing team.

"I'd like to thank all my sponsors, Honda...and of course TLR Team Losi Racing and the 22 for all their help..."

Yeh, the pass last weekend was legit, Bubba could have checked up but he decided to pin it and blast thru Reed and it didn't work, again.
You don't have to love him just because he has a 22 on his jersey... that was nothing but a take out. When you have RC saying it was dirty south racing you know it's bad.

If you drive anything like Reed just let me know when you are on the track so I can make sure not to be.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Lovin the moto talk! it's totally off topic other than the two two reference but that race was amazing! People seem really split on it, but from racing pro mx for 3 years I think the pass attempt was totally NOT a good call. you pass people when you are really close to them.. not 6 bike lengths back. Plus.. in a 16 race series it's better to get 2nd on the night than 3rd or 4th... but hey.. it's exciting and I like it!!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Champion

I'm a huge fan of both racers and all moto x.

It was a blatant move but don't feel it was a take out. (Unlike Hansen vs. Tomac or Hansen putting his own teammate over the bales)

When that situation arises and Reed is getting the line stolen, he lets up.
The incident at Anaheim a couple years back, Bubba pinned it across Reed's line thru the woops but Reed didn't check up and Bubba got ejected.
Bubba and Reed both send it in all the time.
You did see the Yamaha sandwich a couple laps earlier didn't you.
If it went wrong for Reed, that would have been a blatant take out, no?

Not to worry, I don't try block passing at the RC track. It might look like it tho but I couldn't plan one if I tried.
Takes too much skill for that.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Does anyone know if any parts are available for pre-order yet, ex: titanium turnbuckles etc... I was on the Tlr website and saw parts for the 22 and was wondering if I could pre-order?
Old 02-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Prophet

It is hard to tell what all is hopups and what comes with the car at this time. (Especially since I don't have one yet)

Looks like they have an alum ball stud hub spacer set. TLR6019
Alum front wheel nuts TLR1070
alum shock tools (kit should come with plastic ones) TLR5099
Titanium turnbulckes TLR6075, TLR6076, TLR6077

The car comes pretty tricked out so that is kind of what I was able to pick out of the list of parts I was able to look through.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
It is hard to tell what all is hopups and what comes with the car at this time. (Especially since I don't have one yet)

Looks like they have an alum ball stud hub spacer set. TLR6019
Alum front wheel nuts TLR1070
alum shock tools (kit should come with plastic ones) TLR5099
Titanium turnbulckes TLR6075, TLR6076, TLR6077

The car comes pretty tricked out so that is kind of what I was able to pick out of the list of parts I was able to look through.
thats what I found as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.