Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

from running a b4 to an x6sq i felt a big change is rear grip. I went from a car that was tricky to get on the gas hard to one that you could almost abuse the trigger with...
Old 12-02-2010, 07:51 AM
AE

Steering Rack:

We chose the steering rack configuration for two reasons:
1) True ackerman can be achieved and steering geometry is much more consistent throughout the steering throw. The end result is a very neutral steering feedback around center and increased steering as the throw increases. In other words you do not have a super twitchy car around center just to make it turn.

2) Packaging. The was secondary, but the rack system is very simple and takes up less room. having the servo mounted further forward gave us the EXACT weight distribution we were after. The result? better steering center out.

We tested the rack system on all types of tracks for months and have never had it lock up. it also has been tested in Europe (does it rain there?) and have had zero issues. There are self cleaning grooves in the rack to wipe away dust/debris. We have put alot of development time into this rack system
Old 12-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default LOSI 22

Frank, the car looks dialed, great job to all you guys at Team Losi, cant wait to get mine, already pre ordered it! Cant wait to hear how it does at the Spektrum race, good luck with the testing!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

OOOOOOOOOOH. I just got an RB5, but may grab one of these too to try it out. I'm really digging the Durangoish design. Narrow with low CG. Gosh, so tempting.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Nothing scary about the steering rack... Custom Works has been using a slider rack with almost zero Ackerman for decades with no problems in the dirt. It's a non issue.
I wouldn't call it a non issue as we don't know yet how it will work on this car. Yes the CW rack works very well. My only issue with it is that it does tend to get a bit sloppy. But then there was the rack on the TC3. The tiniest of rocks would lock that thing up.

That being said, I'm sure Losi has it figured out. If I had someplace to race offroad around here, I would pick one of these up in a heartbeat.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:08 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
I had to take a cold shower!! WOW!!!

It all looks great!!

But since its a free world ill point out the things that i dont like:
- E-clips.. I don't need to got there.
- HEX Ok i like hex wheel adapters. But could we not all get on the same page and agree on one wheel design? Touring cars have 10x the amount of cars out there and yet they all use the same hex on every brand of car... What annoys me here is losi changed there front wheel hex. So toss out your losi fronts you own know. The saving grace here is the hex in the rear is optional so you can use up your b4,jc and xxx rims with the cross pin
- minor but id like to see a bleed screw on the shocks
- steering slider.. guess we will have to see how it holds up, not sure if it will bind up over time
- hopefully the 4wd inspired front spindles hold up..
- release date of first quarter 2011.. sucks

FYI i want one!
Shocks don't need a bleed screw, they are a bladder shock, and have a bleed hole for making buildng easier.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What is the best ETA date we can hope for? Also what determines an release date and what delays these dates?
Old 12-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

When can I buy it?
Old 12-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
I wouldn't call it a non issue as we don't know yet how it will work on this car. Yes the CW rack works very well. My only issue with it is that it does tend to get a bit sloppy. But then there was the rack on the TC3. The tiniest of rocks would lock that thing up.
Well, if you are dead set on picking nits, then have at it. I know the benefits of a rack steering system over bellcranks, so it doesn't bother me much in the least.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Suspended

BAD TO THE BONE !!!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Well, if you are dead set on picking nits, then have at it. I know the benefits of a rack steering system over bellcranks, so it doesn't bother me much in the least.
Not nit picking, just saying that there are racks that work and there are racks that DON'T work. I'm sure Losi will have one that does work. They had better anyway. If it's as easy to lock up as a TC3 rack, they are going to lose a lot of races due to rack issues.

But like i said, if I had a place to race it, I would trust that they got it right and have one on pre-order. Car looks great.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wingracer
But like i said, if I had a place to race it, I would trust that they got it right and have one on pre-order. Car looks great.
Spot-on. The car looks completely off the hook. If Durango had moved faster, this looks like something they would have put into production (at twice the price).

Well done.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

1st of 2011 quarter means between January 1 and March 31. We've learned from past product releases that it's sometimes painful to get your heart set on a day only to have it pass by. I'm just going to race my XXXcr through this indoor season. If it comes out in late Feburary, it might as well come out in August for those of us that mostly race 1/10 indoors/winter so we get the benefit of seeing the model shake out and shops stocking up their replacement parts for the 1st few months.

Great job TL, this looks like winner. Looks like it's nearly as simple as the XXX platform, which was always one of my favorite things about it.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
When can I buy it?
Losi says Feb., but I'm sure something will happen to set that date back.

Anyways from reading all the comments, it looks like this may change the world of 1/10 2wd buggy as we know it. Should be very cool.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

this buggy looks great, I may have to go back to losi, I just got back into racing and i'm running kyosho's, I used to run losi's back in the day, dam this kit looks serious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.