Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I am offically jealous of you and your track!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!

Originally Posted by bjs1785
Well, as expected my 10TT was in when I got home from work at 5pm. As soon as I walked in with it, I opened it and started to tear it apart, then boiled the parts for 45 minutes. I also did a quick paint job (I got the idea off of another member here who posted a picture in one of the pages.) I had the colors available and I'm happy with the results. MMP and 1410 3800 will be in on monday. Right now just a tacon and sidewinder to try it out.

So far Im very happy with this roller!! Cant wait to get it to the track...

Pictures are of...

1) Truck torn down an hour after I got it to boil parts

2) Back together, Quick paint job on body

3) Backyard track, video coming soon... check out bjs1785 on youtube to see the backyard track now...
Old 02-18-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks! The track has been around for a couple years, always a work in progress!
Old 02-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

My god that is better than most club tracks i have seen!!! bloody good job you have done there!! cant wait for the video!
Old 02-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I seen a hyperTT roller kit at my LHS yesterday, and was very impressed with its construction. I've really wanted a 4wd 10th scale to run on my backyard supercross track but have stayed away from the 4wd buggies as from what Ive heard they are fragile. My 2wd buggies and stadium trucks work well and are holding up well on my track, which I also run 1/8 scale buggy on. The hyperTT looks like it would be able to handle my track, and the price is very nice.

I've been reading this thread and seems like many different motor/esc combos work for many different guys. I'm wondering if someone can lend some advice? I've had good luck with Tekin systems and like the idea of the sc4x and a rx8 esc, but maybe the MMP system is the way to go? Don't really want to break the bank on this build. I'm completely unfamiliar with novak systems, but I'm not opposed to them.

I run a rx8 in my rc8be and it's been flawless. Just not sure if its overkill and money that I can wisely spend on spare parts?

Basically I'm interested in what the best bang for buck motor/esc combo is for the rig. Right now I'm leaning towards MMP 5700kv, or 4600kv system. Price is right and seem like people have had good luck with the MMP. Will be running 2c.

Just wondering if someone has any advice. Also would love to hear from you novak guys out there!
Old 02-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I ran a mmp, sc4x 4.5, 14t pinion, 65c 2s batteries. It was all I needed and then some.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

hi all, I just got my first TT it's running a velineon setup. I was getting the steering dialed in and I noticed the right rear wheel is toed in to the left which causes the truck to hop to the right. I thought the hinge pin was bent but it's good. I was wondering if the rear lower arms holder is supposed to be flat. Any other suggestions or help with this would be appreciated.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Default new set up is beast But!

had a problem with theses steering knuckles trying to find aluminum replacements to tighten it up any suggestions ?
Attached Thumbnails Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-2.jpg   Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-3.jpg  
Old 02-19-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

Have not tried these but they are the only ones that I know of.....Aluminum Steering Knuckle.

Originally Posted by cronmorg
had a problem with theses steering knuckles trying to find aluminum replacements to tighten it up any suggestions ?
Old 02-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Here is mine....it has toe in also.

The toe is determined by the rear hinge pin plate.

It should be fine cause mine drives good like it is...double check to see if you broke a rear hub.

I drove with mine broken for a while before I noticed it was broken and it would do just as you have described especially under load. So, I upgraded...

Originally Posted by redskull1944
hi all, I just got my first TT it's running a velineon setup. I was getting the steering dialed in and I noticed the right rear wheel is toed in to the left which causes the truck to hop to the right. I thought the hinge pin was bent but it's good. I was wondering if the rear lower arms holder is supposed to be flat. Any other suggestions or help with this would be appreciated.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Broke my front T-Bone today

Old 02-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

^^^^How did you manage that???
Old 02-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Holy Crap. That must have been some hit to break one of those T-Bones.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default steering knuckles

yeah ambryatim i saw those the only question i have is where do you screww the the backing plates foe the pivot ball no bulkhead screws i have a message into the manufacture about it before i buy them. unless you guys know better let me know if you do
Old 02-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cronmorg
yeah ambryatim i saw those the only question i have is where do you screww the the backing plates foe the pivot ball no bulkhead screws i have a message into the manufacture about it before i buy them. unless you guys know better let me know if you do
I just ordered a set for my new hyper, since they seemed to be a problem area... I use to have a revo 1/16 with integy steering knuckles which had plastic inserts that screwed in... (see picture below of the revo set with the plastic inserts).
It worked very well on the revo 1/16 and never broke, so I figured these were worth a shot
Attached Thumbnails Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-unnamed.jpg  
Old 02-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ambryatim
Here is mine....it has toe in also.

The toe is determined by the rear hinge pin plate.

It should be fine cause mine drives good like it is...double check to see if you broke a rear hub.

I drove with mine broken for a while before I noticed it was broken and it would do just as you have described especially under load. So, I upgraded...
thanks for the help, I want to replace those hinge pin plates, they look like they've seen their share of bashing. I will also pick up those hub carriers. That's what I get for buying used but that's why I like buying used I get to work out kinks and learn my truck inside and out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.