Wiki Posts
Search

RC10B4.1 FT/WC

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tdiddy
From the B4.1 manual, they are 2". Part number 1406.
Thanks
Old 03-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I don't care what you have to do to make the AE bb's work just start shipping them so I can get rid of these V2's.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idrummerboy13
wow thats great nice! Won with mine friday night in 13.5. track was dryer out so it can be broken up for this weekends layout change. Felt horrible but i pulled the win.

Threw on maifields reedy setup to try for new layout..Zeroed out all my settings speedo and radio. Scuffed tires-IM SET!
grats guy! who was in the top 5?
Old 03-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300
I don't care what you have to do to make the AE bb's work just start shipping them so I can get rid of these V2's.
Are the V2's what are holding you back? and as soon as you get the BB's you'll begin dominating.... I'm kidding, but find it funny when people make it sound like the V2's are whats holding them back from being the next Cav.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Logic would dictate a new set of shock towers will be coming soon to go with the new AE big bore shocks. I doubt AE will release those and include an instruction sheet of where and how much to dremel off your car
Old 03-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OptimumRC
Are the V2's what are holding you back? and as soon as you get the BB's you'll begin dominating.... I'm kidding, but find it funny when people make it sound like the V2's are whats holding them back from being the next Cav.
never understood that. The V2's were the easiest to build and best lasting shocks I personally have ever used.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
never understood that. The V2's were the easiest to build and best lasting shocks I personally have ever used.
Yes sir! Althou, I think we'll see the BBs even sooner given the success/domination they've had over the w/e at the Cactus classic

Win Sunday, Sell Monday.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Is that a Savox servo?
Attached Thumbnails RC10B4.1 FT/WC-sun-maifield2wmod.jpg  
Old 03-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

My desire for big bore shocks on the AE buggies has more to do with personal experience. I had the V2's on the b44.1, and felt the shocks were a poor match for the car. I would prefer a shock with a larger body, spring AND shaft to help alleviate the constant front shock shaft breakage I experienced with the b44.1. I also had issues with the rear springs rubbing on the shock body. It lead me to sell the buggy. Also, I am assuming a bigger beefier shock would be stronger. However, the V2's were a big improvement over the old shocks, and you are right. They were easy to build and somewhat consistant.

So, when it came time to purchase a buggy, I really liked the B4.1 but was hesitant because of my past experience with the v2'a on the b44.1. I opted for the Losi 22 but have not been happy. I have had moments with the car but never the consistency I had with the B4 in the past.

So now that I have seen the pros running big bore prototypes I am ready to make the move back to AE. I was told the big bores are coming soon. I seriously doubt big bores will make me a better driver and put me on the podium, but I feel a b4.1 with big bores is the ultimate weapon. Maifield and Cavalieri seemed to do pretty well with the big bores on their 4.1's this last weekend... Not to mention Maifields b44.1 was running the V2's with big bore springs.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'd rather break shock shafts than towers, bulkheads, etc.

Think of the speed you're carring with that 44, or any 4WD for that matter. If you hit something at those speeds, then something has to give.

It seems your biggest complaint was durability, and big bores definitely won't help there.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus
grats guy! who was in the top 5?
charlie, artie, peter, me, i forget who else, not in that order. Im am so glad about this layout. And i hope the track is never ever ever dry again. It was absolutely horrible LOL. Holes left and right.

THANKS!

btw, its funny how a.e is known for a bad shock. V2s are so great. the rebuild takes very little time and they are so simple. With bb springs they are very very good. Honestly I'm not going to run out and hunt those bbs when they are out. V2 with bb springs is very fast.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idrummerboy13
charlie, artie, peter, me, i forget who else, not in that order. Im am so glad about this layout. And i hope the track is never ever ever dry again. It was absolutely horrible LOL. Holes left and right.

THANKS!

btw, its funny how a.e is known for a bad shock. V2s are so great. the rebuild takes very little time and they are so simple. With bb springs they are very very good. Honestly I'm not going to run out and hunt those bbs when they are out. V2 with bb springs is very fast.
nice, at least 3 AEs up there...
Old 03-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
My desire for big bore shocks on the AE buggies has more to do with personal experience. I had the V2's on the b44.1, and felt the shocks were a poor match for the car. I would prefer a shock with a larger body, spring AND shaft to help alleviate the constant front shock shaft breakage I experienced with the b44.1. I also had issues with the rear springs rubbing on the shock body. It lead me to sell the buggy. Also, I am assuming a bigger beefier shock would be stronger. However, the V2's were a big improvement over the old shocks, and you are right. They were easy to build and somewhat consistant.

So, when it came time to purchase a buggy, I really liked the B4.1 but was hesitant because of my past experience with the v2'a on the b44.1. I opted for the Losi 22 but have not been happy. I have had moments with the car but never the consistency I had with the B4 in the past.

So now that I have seen the pros running big bore prototypes I am ready to make the move back to AE. I was told the big bores are coming soon. I seriously doubt big bores will make me a better driver and put me on the podium, but I feel a b4.1 with big bores is the ultimate weapon. Maifield and Cavalieri seemed to do pretty well with the big bores on their 4.1's this last weekend... Not to mention Maifields b44.1 was running the V2's with big bore springs.
You realize that the BB's won't have larger shock shafts right? And having larger shock shafts is a negative performance improvement, although it would be more durable.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

hideeho
The easiest shocks to rebuild were, by far, the losi XX series. the entire shock was bottom load. there was no shock cap. you unscrew the bottom which housed the seals in a cartridge & the shaft/piston came out with it. you could change the piston w/o emptying the oil. there was virtually never any waiting for bubbles. you could set your preload very precisely & easily. I dont understand why the bottom load cartridge shock didnt take off
Old 03-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Anyone have any up close photos of dremeling out the chassis for servo wires to run through the chassis braces?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.