Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC10B4.1 FT/WC

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Who knows. Maybe once it starts losing ?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davidfast
Who knows. Maybe once it starts losing ?
LOL
Old 09-20-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idrummerboy13
so the stock arm is a little to soft? I run carbon anyway to take away some grip and steer more.....jst wondering.
Most set-up sheets on the AE site call for B44.1 arms or carbon arms. It's another tuning aid.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lynx75
I know, it could be a silly question but I'd like to do:

When AE will get out whit a brand new 2WD and 4WD off road cars?

P.s.= I already placed this question on the B44.1 thread
have money ready for a pre-order next spring/summer..
Old 09-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by racer1812
have money ready for a pre-order next spring/summer..
+1 expect to see a Worlds Edition kit as a last hoorah before the new 2WD comes out.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Selling my 4.1... Custom long chassis included.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post9681144
Old 09-20-2011, 09:27 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oso Negro
I make the A-main every time but never finish higher than 5th. Those guys are always pulling away from me, especially in the tight sections, and they won't share their secrets!
Thoughts, suggestions?
We don't know the whole story but if folks aren't willing to share some help maybe you should consider racing some where else. That might be easier said than done too. Drives me nuts when racers aren't willing to help other racers.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bds81175
We don't know the whole story but if folks aren't willing to share some help maybe you should consider racing some where else. That might be easier said than done too. Drives me nuts when racers aren't willing to help other racers.
I will help a driver that is starting out or obviously having major issues, but if the driver is considered on equal footing I will help some but not give away the farm. I myself like to figure things out for myself in my pursuit of the fast guys. That is how you learn to do things for yourself.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Asharus
Does anyone have any issues with the steering bellcrank screws tightening up by themselves and binding up the steering? I have this issue on one of my SC10s. I don't have the issue with my B4.1 or my other SC10. Quite strange.... I had to take the front end apart twice in a week to loosen it up.
never had that issue, but what i would do is put a drop of ca glue on the threads of the bellcrank screws when u thread them back in to the top plate. just dont get the glue on the bearings, ca makes for a good plastic safe threadlock!
Old 09-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus
Does anyone have any issues with the steering bellcrank screws tightening up by themselves and binding up the steering? I have this issue on one of my SC10s. I don't have the issue with my B4.1 or my other SC10. Quite strange.... I had to take the front end apart twice in a week to loosen it up.
Just tore mine down to clean and noticed mime was tight too...will have to keep an eye on it and see whats up w/ that
Old 09-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Alright here's the best way I can help with the arm situation.

Attached is a picture of the current selection of arms.

The top one is a carbon arm. The stiffest arm, it is signified by one swaybar mount ball (B4 swaybar, not B44), and a very light color.

The middle one is a B44/B44.1 arm (the materiel did not change between vehicles). This arm has more flex than a carbon arm but less than a B4.1 plastic arm. Notable differences are, glossy color as well as a cut out on the webbing of the rear hub along. If you look very very closely you can see rectangular indentations on the top of the arm from the mold.

The bottom one is a B4.1 plastic arm, the softest arm made. A dark dull color as well as no cut on the webbing and two swaybar mounts are the best way to recognize this arm. Again if you look very closely you can see circular (as opposed to rectangular) indentations from the mold.

The original B4 plastic arm (older materiel) isn't produced any more but can still be found at some hobby shops. It has one swaybar mount and looks exactly like the carbon arm, just a darker color.
Attached Thumbnails RC10B4.1 FT/WC-rear-arms.jpg  
Old 09-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Chris is back!

ETA on the new front hex rims and rear hex rims?
Old 09-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chris Jarosz
Alright here's the best way I can help with the arm situation.

Attached is a picture of the current selection of arms.

The top one is a carbon arm. The stiffest arm, it is signified by one swaybar mount ball (B4 swaybar, not B44), and a very light color.

The middle one is a B44/B44.1 arm (the materiel did not change between vehicles). This arm has more flex than a carbon arm but less than a B4.1 plastic arm. Notable differences are, glossy color as well as a cut out on the webbing of the rear hub along. If you look very very closely you can see rectangular indentations on the top of the arm from the mold.

The bottom one is a B4.1 plastic arm, the softest arm made. A dark dull color as well as no cut on the webbing and two swaybar mounts are the best way to recognize this arm. Again if you look very closely you can see circular (as opposed to rectangular) indentations from the mold.

The original B4 plastic arm (older materiel) isn't produced any more but can still be found at some hobby shops. It has one swaybar mount and looks exactly like the carbon arm, just a darker color.
Good stuff!
Old 09-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oso Negro
What 17.5 motor would you all recommend for a FT b4.1 8mm running in a blinky class?

I run at a medium size indoor clay track. My Tekin 17.5 isn't fast enough to keep up with the fast guys at my track.

I make the A-main every time but never finish higher than 5th. Those guys are always pulling away from me, especially in the tight sections, and they won't share their secrets!

in case it matters, i have a very smooth driving style. Running 72/33.

FYI: I saw that one of them was running a revtech on Sunday but I have no idea about the rest.

Thoughts, suggestions?
There are probably really no secrets they are hiding. I've been on the other side of the fence from time to time and people swear I'm cheating and hiding something to the point I would take their motors out of their car, and slap them strait into mine. You said they pull away from you on tight sections. This tells me your corner speed maybe a bit lacking and that comes with practice and knowledge of car setup. I'm told some of the newer brushless motors are better designed for blinky racing so you might think about getting one, but with that said corner speed is everything. A 1 mph increase in corner exit speed can give you huge returns at the end of the straight. Taking a line through a corner which allows the earliest possible point of getting back into the throttle is usually best provided it doesn't set you up weird for an obstacle.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkirkwood
There are probably really no secrets they are hiding. I've been on the other side of the fence from time to time and people swear I'm cheating and hiding something to the point I would take their motors out of their car, and slap them strait into mine. You said they pull away from you on tight sections. This tells me your corner speed maybe a bit lacking and that comes with practice and knowledge of car setup. I'm told some of the newer brushless motors are better designed for blinky racing so you might think about getting one, but with that said corner speed is everything. A 1 mph increase in corner exit speed can give you huge returns at the end of the straight. Taking a line through a corner which allows the earliest possible point of getting back into the throttle is usually best provided it doesn't set you up weird for an obstacle.
I've gotten good results with my Novak Ballistic, what other new motors are you referring to? I'd like to give them a shot someday. Thunder Power?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.