Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Anybody know if these would work for the 210? Are these spring collars?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...k-Nut-w-O-Ring
You need two of these...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...load-Nut-Set-2

and one of these...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...t-O-Ring-Set-4
Old 10-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

- I am able to absolutely mop the floor with every other buggy in high speed sweeper stability. Where my B4 would be on edge, right on the line of becoming crazy, The 210 would feel like it was being drug around the track by a huge magnet under the dirt, and can do it significantly faster.Yup, mine too.

-2 With my medium grip track, forward traction is where the fight is.... the RM4 setup is absolutely golden. Whenever I hit the gas hard, it feels like the entire car gets sucked to the groundAgreed

-3 Is anybody elses dex210 as noisy as mine? It sounds just like an 8th scale buggy.No, does this change on/off power? Describe the noise? Mine is whisper quiet

-4 I am more and more impressed with how well this thing jumps. Nothing lands anywhere NEAR as nice as the buggy does. We have this relativly large x-over double, with a decent downside. If you over jump it, both B4s and 22s will bounce, and either skid out, or flip over. Every time I did that with the 210 (hey, it happens), it would slap a little bit, but stays completely composed, and off the buggy goes. AMAZING.

-Cpt
Nice review. I don't have the same issues with ball cups as you're having though. Odd.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Nice review. I don't have the same issues with ball cups as you're having though. Odd.
About the noise... its a constant sound, identical to what a metal gear 8th scale buggy sounds like, only slightly less-so. My pinion to spur mesh is perfect, i even put a drop of lube on the inside of the gearbox (iv always done it on all my buggies)... and the car is NOISY!! I asked a local pro who just said it sounds like hard plastic gears inside....
Old 10-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

About the noise... its a constant sound, identical to what a metal gear 8th scale buggy sounds like, only slightly less-so. My pinion to spur mesh is perfect, i even put a drop of lube on the inside of the gearbox (iv always done it on all my buggies)... and the car is NOISY!! I asked a local pro who just said it sounds like hard plastic gears inside....
Mine is nosiey as well. I just reamed out a B4 spur for it and the AE plastic feels a bit softer so maybe it'll be quiter than the TD spur. We'll see. But mine is loud too. I can hear it over all the other 2wd buggies (22's) in my class.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

hi guys,,,im picking my 210 up this thrusday ..what servo should i get for the buggy, i'm putting in a tekin rs with a 13.5 ballistic motor. i want a servo that i won't have a glitch problem with running tekin esc's. i like the savox servos but i heard when useing a tekin esc the servo glitch's ... please help ......

ps,,, randy pike can u pm me your set -up or e-mail me it at [email protected] ,,,,,thanks ,,,BRIAN
Old 10-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Team Tekin

Hmm. I run no lube on the gears, nice and quiet. Did you make sure to not over tighten the gear box? There were also shims on each side of the idler gear.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by BRIAN77
hi guys,,,im picking my 210 up this thrusday ..what servo should i get for the buggy, i'm putting in a tekin rs with a 13.5 ballistic motor. i want a servo that i won't have a glitch problem with running tekin esc's. i like the savox servos but i heard when useing a tekin esc the servo glitch's ... please help ......

ps,,, randy pike can u pm me your set -up or e-mail me it at [email protected] ,,,,,thanks ,,,BRIAN
Here's my current setup. Understand I plan to go up 100cst in shock oil in the rear next time out.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-randy-pike-dex210-wip-setup.png  
Old 10-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

THANK YOU RANDY what servo should i get for the 210 and i mite deside to get a new servo for my 410 also . THANKS,,, BRIAN
Old 10-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Hmm. I run no lube on the gears, nice and quiet. Did you make sure to not over tighten the gear box? There were also shims on each side of the idler gear.
yes and yes.. it's a mystery.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRIAN77
THANK YOU RANDY what servo should i get for the 210 and i mite deside to get a new servo for my 410 also . THANKS,,, BRIAN
Ive always had luck with the Airtronics 358/359s, you can pick them up new on eBay all day for 50 bucks 200oz/in and .10 speed cant go wrong there
Old 10-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

yes and yes.. it's a mystery.
The one 210 that is up and running at the local track is running an AE spear gear and it is very quite. Both my dex410 and desc410 sound like chainsaws, I havent started the 210 build yet.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Finally got mine all done, anyone have any issues with binding in either of the rear axle joints? I'm getting a clicking out of one side, and the height of the arm actually changes if you slowly rotate that side, almost like axle cup is bent. Haven't pulled it apart to try a different set of holes yet but wanted to check to see if anyone else had problems?
Old 10-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Glowster21
Finally got mine all done, anyone have any issues with binding in either of the rear axle joints? I'm getting a clicking out of one side, and the height of the arm actually changes if you slowly rotate that side, almost like axle cup is bent. Haven't pulled it apart to try a different set of holes yet but wanted to check to see if anyone else had problems?
I did and fixed it myself. The ball end of the CVD hits all the holes in the axle that the pin slips into. Like they all have high spots.

You will see pull the pin and pudh the cvd into the axle you have to push it in,it binds.

I just put my cvd in a drill took some 1000 sandpaper and removed alittle material from the ball. Problem solved. Also you can chuck the axle in the drill and clean up the ID of the axle where the cvd goes in.

Pete
Old 10-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Glowster21
This is normal as your diff nut is still too lose... its out too far in the outdrive so the CVD is being pinched. It will go away when you tighten your diff. No need to do anything special.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone found a spur that will work without reaming it out. I was going to run a 10.5 in mine and a 26 pinion is the largest i can get to fit, so i think i will be under geared. I have tried to ream out spurs before and just have never got it to work just right. Does anyone know when some more spur gears will come out for the 210? Has anyone tried a losi 22 spur, because that is the only thing i have if i could figure out were i put the one i had i would find out for myself. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.