Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
1) the more inline the axle, the more turn-in or initial steering you get. the more trailing the more mid corner and exit steering you get, it's also a bit more stable in the steering dept.
2) the kickup is 25 deg and with the included inserts you can't get 25 deg castor
3)Just look at the inserts, it's not hard to see if you're adding or subtracting castor.
is more inline larger negative number? -4 is most inline?
Old 10-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
is more inline larger negative number? -4 is most inline?
more inline would have the axle further forward
Old 10-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
more inline would have the axle further forward
Ok, thx. I need more play time for adjustments
Old 10-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

First race with the car today. I have to say I'm impressed. Can't believe how much steering the car has. I ended up with the longest wheelbase possible(inline all the way forward and rear hubs all the way back). The car is very stable and loves to be driven fast! I can fill out a setup sheet if anyone is interested. I was running on a very high bite track, the ohio rc factory, if anyone is familiar with it. What I liked most about it was, coming from an 1/8 scale racer, I can drive it fast with all the steering and the rear end never breaking loose.

The things I had issues with was the rear plastic toe block. It seems like the plastic is really weak and the hinge pins bust out of them easily.. Just don't wreck right? And like others, the ball cups popping off. But that's the only complaints I have. The build was stellar, it looks freaking awesome, and it drives really well. I let another racer drive it and he was impressed. It got a lot of attention, good and not so good, but at the end of the day most was good.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
First race with the car today. I have to say I'm impressed. Can't believe how much steering the car has. I ended up with the longest wheelbase possible(inline all the way forward and rear hubs all the way back). The car is very stable and loves to be driven fast! I can fill out a setup sheet if anyone is interested. I was running on a very high bite track, the ohio rc factory, if anyone is familiar with it. What I liked most about it was, coming from an 1/8 scale racer, I can drive it fast with all the steering and the rear end never breaking loose.

The things I had issues with was the rear plastic toe block. It seems like the plastic is really weak and the hinge pins bust out of them easily.. Just don't wreck right? And like others, the ball cups popping off. But that's the only complaints I have. The build was stellar, it looks freaking awesome, and it drives really well. I let another racer drive it and he was impressed. It got a lot of attention, good and not so good, but at the end of the day most was good.
How about a pic or two.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry for the poor quality pics.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-210.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-210-2.jpg  
Old 10-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Can you give a setup?

Old 10-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

I took some of the front droop out as well. Seemed to help a lot.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-210-setup-factory.jpg  
Old 10-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Champion

I took some of the front droop out as well. Seemed to help a lot.
thx!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry for the poor quality pics.
Looks like you need longer springs in the rear.

Last edited by SoccerSting; 10-23-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Guys saying this car is no good after 1race. Frickin killin me. It takes time to get a 1/10 scale buggy to drive right. If you think it's going to happen in one night, on a car with SO MUCH adjustability you should prolly run short bus.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SoccerSting
Looks like you need longer in the rear.
Please elaborate.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goBezerk
Moving the axle in the front knuckle does not change the ackermann as the actual knuckle does not move fore or aft, just the wheel/axle...moving the c-hub fore and aft will change the ackermann, more ackermann when all the way forward, less all the way back. Moving the axle within the knuckle changes the amount of trail...my 2c
I assume you are right... i was too busy trying to keep ballcups attached to their balls last night.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Please elaborate.
I'm sorry, I meant longer springs. Your shock collars look like they are out of thread on the bodies.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R-E-A-P-E-R-
Guys saying this car is no good after 1race. Frickin killin me. It takes time to get a 1/10 scale buggy to drive right. If you think it's going to happen in one night, on a car with SO MUCH adjustability you should prolly run short bus.

You can get a buggy to run good in one night, it's called a b4.1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.