Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 271 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwiksi
Good to see some fellow Durango drivers there as well! Hey Mallott, how did the buggy feel after you "threw everything at it"?
The car was the best it had been all day. I had some bad luck in the main and only got a couple laps in but the car was feeling pretty good. I am still doing a lot of testing and will know a lot more after this week and weekend.

I am very happy with the new +8 chassis and the way it makes the car handle. The car is a lot more planted through the corners and still is able to change directions just as fast as it did with the aluminum chassis. It still jumps and flies really well. I have a few more things I want to try with it and when I feel really comfortable with the car and a base setup I will post it on here.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just thought you guys might get a kick out of this. Fit a vintage losi hydradrive slipper to the dex210 trans in rm3. Always loved the HD but brushed motors at the time couldnt really take advantage of it. Brushless should be much more entertaining.

dex210hydra_01 by phukyr, on Flickr
Old 11-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

Culetto...great job. I agree that that technology was to premature, I bet it will be great with today's brushless motors.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michael#81
The car was the best it had been all day. I had some bad luck in the main and only got a couple laps in but the car was feeling pretty good. I am still doing a lot of testing and will know a lot more after this week and weekend.

I am very happy with the new +8 chassis and the way it makes the car handle. The car is a lot more planted through the corners and still is able to change directions just as fast as it did with the aluminum chassis. It still jumps and flies really well. I have a few more things I want to try with it and when I feel really comfortable with the car and a base setup I will post it on here.
Look forward to your findings....keep us posted!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What is everybody using in place of stock ball cups been having an issue with the rear inner ball cups poping off.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

I haven't had any issues with the stock cups yet, but most guys are using either AE ball studs (for TC5/6) w/ RPM ends or TLR ball studs (22 series) with either Losi or RPM ball ends. Losi studs are ~1mm taller than the stock Durangos, so keep that in mind - not sure on the AE studs.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:11 PM
KH
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
I haven't had any issues with the stock cups yet
I just don't get how this is possible. I even freshened all mine up and they still pop off if u look at the car wrong. My Losi will pretty much break parts before they pop off. Most probs I've had is in practice with tons of ppl out there. But IMO its not worth the risk so I replaced them with lundford tit balls and tie rods, along with kyosho cups. So far so good. And I've taken some pretty hard hits.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KH
I just don't get how this is possible. I even freshened all mine up and they still pop off if u look at the car wrong. My Losi will pretty much break parts before they pop off. Most probs I've had is in practice with tons of ppl out there. But IMO its not worth the risk so I replaced them with lundford tit balls and tie rods, along with kyosho cups. So far so good. And I've taken some pretty hard hits.
Lots of people have mentioned the issues with the cups, and I have seen a few pop. My son and I have been running the stock ones for a while, 2wd, and 4wd both and have never had one let go. I cant explain why some have, while others haven't, but I run in colder climates, and I haven't had any issues, and have used both std, and HD Durango ball cups..
Old 11-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i myself have had no problems with the stock cups, however, i wanted to add some bling to my ride and i outfitted it with the flo yellow jcon cups.... pimp

on associated ballstuds of course
Old 11-14-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by umpy907
What is everybody using in place of stock ball cups been having an issue with the rear inner ball cups poping off.
If you do them right, then you don't have any issues. I've never had one pop off on me yet.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by M3Man03
If you do them right, then you don't have any issues. I've never had one pop off on me yet.
+1 I raced my buggy for the first time last night on a large outdoor track with some big jumps and off camber landings. My ball cups we're great. I did however break a rear hub on a big crash, and even though the top of the hub snapped off, the ball cup was still attached. I did boil my cups parts tree though. Just need aluminum rear hubs now. Love this buggy!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I was looking to get a 2wd buggy. What is the difference between the rtr and kit? Did see that kit comes with ball diff and rtr comes with gear diff. Any other diffence as far as shocks or arms any stiffer? Does the kit come with tires or at least rims? Looked on website but couldn't tell. Does the rtr have a aluminum chassis? From the pics it doesn't seem to. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Bought my buggy used and it had Lunsford on it no problems with them yet, on my dex410 I have the standard non hd ball cups had a hard crash Monday and broke the front arm at the hub and then got hit by a few other cars and the ball cups never popped off the studs. I think the old TD ball cups are better than the HD ones IMHO
Old 11-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by LXtacyDriver
I was looking to get a 2wd buggy. What is the difference between the rtr and kit? Did see that kit comes with ball diff and rtr comes with gear diff. Any other diffence as far as shocks or arms any stiffer? Does the kit come with tires or at least rims? Looked on website but couldn't tell. Does the rtr have a aluminum chassis? From the pics it doesn't seem to. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.
The rtr has the DIMEC plastic +8 chassis and the kit has the aluminum, I've been hearing at my track that the rtr is grate just need a better servo and maybe radio. I like the heavier kit and IMO its body looks better than the +8 just wish they would do the old body in a +8 then I may think about going +8
Old 11-14-2012, 03:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OU812_77
The rtr has the DIMEC plastic +8 chassis and the kit has the aluminum, I've been hearing at my track that the rtr is grate just need a better servo and maybe radio. I like the heavier kit and IMO its body looks better than the +8 just wish they would do the old body in a +8 then I may think about going +8
I would think that the Jconcepts and Prolines of the world are already working on a longer shell, and its just a matter of time. If I had to guess, I would say Christmas looks like a a pretty good time for a release, but it's only a guess..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.