Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the big rc
no luck searched ebay and nothing im after part LXCBZN
You are looking for this part# TD330339 the one you posted is Towers internal number.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Walkman
You are looking for this part# TD330339 the one you posted is Towers internal number.
searched that too and got nothing
Old 02-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Big Rc-
Send me a pm- I just replaced the right knuckle so I have a left (driver's side) that I can send you.

mike
Old 02-22-2013, 01:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by glenng
for starters, what type of battery do you have and where is its placement on the chassis? do you have a 30g mass under servo like ryan lutz does in his wcrc setups as well? if not (in conjunction with your battery placement), you might be lacking front-end weight which could cause your pushing.
I have 2 three year old thunder power 5200 mag 100c from back in my 4x4 sc days but they are getting retired tomorrow. I currently run my batter as far up towards the servo as that little stop will let me, I put the ounce of weight on the front and it made a huge difference Corning but not Corning under power, when under the slightest amount of power it just loves to push,
Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Here is my clay very dialed, but as mentioned battery placement and the front weight are key ingredients.
Sweet thanks man we have very similar set ups just your shock oil weights are heavier and springs are different. I will try your set up tomorrow.

And another question. All the guys running 17.5 motors are just as fast if not faster then my 13.5? I'm running a 75/27 I'm new to this whole book of Rc secrets and have no clue how there's are so quick. I'm getting a new battery tomorrow hopefully that will help.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bingerfang
And another question. All the guys running 17.5 motors are just as fast if not faster then my 13.5? I'm running a 75/27 I'm new to this whole book of Rc secrets and have no clue how there's are so quick. I'm getting a new battery tomorrow hopefully that will help.
The 17.5 guys you are driving with most likely have the boost, turbo, and timing cranked up on their esc. That and taller gearing could easily put them in 13.5 territory. You could always do the same if it's an issue for you. The 17.5 guys are most likely running a lot hotter than you are, which can shorten the lifespan of their electronics. A fresh battery is great but there is more to it than that.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
The 17.5 guys you are driving with most likely have the boost, turbo, and timing cranked up on their esc. That and taller gearing could easily put them in 13.5 territory. You could always do the same if it's an issue for you. The 17.5 guys are most likely running a lot hotter than you are, which can shorten the lifespan of their electronics. A fresh battery is great but there is more to it than that.
petite rc hooked me up with some setup sheets for the tekin rs pro for the boost and timing and all those goodies so hopefully i can try that and keep checking the motor temps and go from there. the car still pushes underpower more power= more push for my setup ahaha
Old 02-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Default chassis

I know this question has been asked before, but im looking for some input on what the difference in chassis's has been on high bite surfaces..the +8 compared to the normal alum chassis..Thanks
Old 02-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bingerfang
petite rc hooked me up with some setup sheets for the tekin rs pro for the boost and timing and all those goodies so hopefully i can try that and keep checking the motor temps and go from there. the car still pushes underpower more power= more push for my setup ahaha
From what I have read you said that you have your battery mounted forward and you have weight over the front, and you are still pushing? Something else must be going on. How about tire selection. The only time my buggy ever gives the slightest hint of pushing is when I use the wrong tires for the track.

If the tires are good, then I would guess the gear diff. I believe someone with more experience than I provided you with some info about what to run in the diff. Springs, pistons, and oil would be the next thing I would check.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hay guys my track just received a shipment of Steering knuckle and hub sets. 4 to be exact and I was able to grab 2 of them I need 1 and I will sell the extra one if anyone still needs them. I'm at the track tonight and won't be home until late.

Already sold. I will let you guys know if my track gets any more in.

Last edited by Walkman; 02-22-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:02 PM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hows everyone fixing their (on power push) my buggy feels very balanced with 22-23mm ride height drk green front spring pink losi in rear spring 3m trailing i noticed most use the longest front camber link they can i found using the inner hole on the c hub gave me the mid corner on power steering i wanted ,, maybe drk blue rear spring to help the transfer to the rear? ,, ive tried putting my battery full forward but then had no rear corner traction and to much steering
Old 02-23-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Just wanna share my experience with RW Racing Spur .....

Horrible it lasted 1 QUALIFIER..

Funny thing after looking everything over I noticed center hole on the spur was the size of a dime....reason I got RW nobody had any spur's in stock. 4 People at the race wow RW? ..Yup...

Put the Durango spur back on not exactly the gearing I wanted but hey ...not one issue...all weekend...
Old 02-23-2013, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by tedstryker
Just wanna share my experience with RW Racing Spur .....

Horrible it lasted 1 QUALIFIER..

Funny thing after looking everything over I noticed center hole on the spur was the size of a dime....reason I got RW nobody had any spur's in stock. 4 People at the race wow RW? ..Yup...

Put the Durango spur back on not exactly the gearing I wanted but hey ...not one issue...all weekend...
Ted,
I have the same RW 83t spurs in both buggies for over a year now. As of matter of fact, I just replaced my pinion gear. It was very worn out. The spurs are still being used.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Ted,
I have the same RW 83t spurs in both buggies for over a year now. As of matter of fact, I just replaced my pinion gear. It was very worn out. The spurs are still being used.
You're lucky I guess....
Old 02-23-2013, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yeah, that must have been a fluke incident.. RWs are great.. been using them in my SEDANs and now my BUGGY.. no issues here..
Old 02-23-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Ted,
Yup, me too. Same 69 RW spur for four months, with a 13.5, and then 17.5. No issues still looks fresh. As a matter of fact, I am still running the original ball diff. Still smooth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.