Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

for those who run this indoors on carpet or a super high bite surface, what motor layout configuration is popular?

Thinking of trying a 1/10 2wd buggy for the winter indoors carpet track. Fan of the B4 line, but not of the screw type they use.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi, what do you guys think of this motor/esc combo for carpet (x3a= 5.5T)

http://www.falconsekido.com/products...o-for-1-10-car
Old 09-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Had my buggy out for the second time on a different track. This time the car felt under geared. Went up to 32/69 but still had trouble clearing the tripple with a 13.5. Did not have this issue with the b4.1. Same gearing, motor and esc. I am begining to wonder if it is because the buggy is heavier?

Also, i checked the slipper that was fine the day before but was now super tight, no slipping at all. Had trouble getting it adjusted. When checking it by holding the rear wheels and gassing it, i tried to adjust it, but it would either lift the front wheels about an inch, not at all, or bind completely. I am using AE b4 slipper pads. Any ideas?
Old 09-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
Had my buggy out for the second time on a different track. This time the car felt under geared. Went up to 32/69 but still had trouble clearing the tripple with a 13.5. Did not have this issue with the b4.1. Same gearing, motor and esc. I am begining to wonder if it is because the buggy is heavier?

Also, i checked the slipper that was fine the day before but was now super tight, no slipping at all. Had trouble getting it adjusted. When checking it by holding the rear wheels and gassing it, i tried to adjust it, but it would either lift the front wheels about an inch, not at all, or bind completely. I am using AE b4 slipper pads. Any ideas?
32/69 seems overgeared to me. Try a 75 pinion also, the larger spur gear, even with the same ratio as a smaller spur, will generate more torque due to it having more leverage.

First, make sure it's not your diff slipping. Then adjust your slipper on the track, not on the bench (after all you don't race on the bench, at least not with cars anyway ) I try to have someone in pit lane with a slipper wrench to tighten/loosen if needed before a race, especially if track conditions change though the night. And once you're close, small adjustments make a big difference- a 1/4 or even an 1/8 of a turn can be all you need. If you can't get it right on the track, maybe try a new spring. There have been some people who couldn't get it tight enough, but it sounds like yours is getting tight enough, just not getting fine tuned where you want it.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
for those who run this indoors on carpet or a super high bite surface, what motor layout configuration is popular?

Thinking of trying a 1/10 2wd buggy for the winter indoors carpet track. Fan of the B4 line, but not of the screw type they use.
Hey Cain, try and get a hold of Joe Z Sr. He runs his @ MMR and has it working really well from what I have heard..
Old 09-05-2012, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

http://www.rcshox.com/durango-garodisc/
Old 09-05-2012, 05:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Panda-PR
Hi, what do you guys think of this motor/esc combo for carpet (x3a= 5.5T)

http://www.falconsekido.com/products...o-for-1-10-car
I run on carpet at my local track - anthing between 4.5 to 7.5 turn motor is used

On carpet you can put a lot of power down

Many actually run the 5.5 HW combo with good success.

Chers Matt
Old 09-05-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Front hubs

Cut 5.5mm off the DEX210 front axle, screw them on to the back of the DEST210 front axles. Install that into the DEST210 steering hubs along with 5.5mm of 5X7mm spacers. Now the 210 uses the same front and rear wheels/tires as my DEX410v3.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-photo.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-photo2.jpg  
Old 09-05-2012, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

If anybody needs shorty packs I have some 4/s.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:36 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What transmission setup are you running? (3 gear or 4?) I had a similar problem when running RM4. Even with a mod motor I was lacking punch and couldn't clear a triple that everyone else could. I kept messing with the diff and slipper and nothing helped. I changed to 3 gear and all of a sudden had a ton of power. Haven't gone back to 4 gear to try and figure out why yet. Hoping to do so soon.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mister_g
I run on carpet at my local track - anthing between 4.5 to 7.5 turn motor is used

On carpet you can put a lot of power down

Many actually run the 5.5 HW combo with good success.

Chers Matt
Thanks!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

what color springs come with the dex210?
Old 09-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mo
What transmission setup are you running? (3 gear or 4?) I had a similar problem when running RM4. Even with a mod motor I was lacking punch and couldn't clear a triple that everyone else could. I kept messing with the diff and slipper and nothing helped. I changed to 3 gear and all of a sudden had a ton of power. Haven't gone back to 4 gear to try and figure out why yet. Hoping to do so soon.
I am running three gear. The final drive was the same as the B4.1 at 2.6, so I used the same gearing. I started at 31/69, went to 32/69, and then to 33/69 at a local track with a medium sized triple. With a 13.5, you had to have a fresh battery and line it up properly to clear it even with the B4.1 Worlds, but the 210 was a struggle from the get go.

I also took the motor and ESC right out of the B4 and placed it in the 210. Reset the radio and end points and was good to go. I should point out I am not using timing or boost, so with the 210 being heavier than the B4, it may just not be enough power to clear it cleanly running a 13.5.

Either way I am happy with the buggy. The buggy is very stable, and easy to drive. I think I found the perfect set up too. Using the stock dark blue springs in front with 4 hole, 1.3 pistons, and 35 wt Losi oil, and stock light blue springs in rear with 4 hole, 1.2 pistons, and 27.5 Losi oil in the back. Soaks up everything well, does not bottom, and has plenty of traction.

For me the most surprising thing was the buggy has a ton of steering. I am running a shorty pack all the way forward with a foam spacer in the rear. No weight at all. Very happy.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by discgolferlee
what color springs come with the dex210?
Dark blue front and light blue rear. They are good for a starting point, but most wind up one or two rates softer in the front and one or two rates firmer in the rear.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

While testing the buggy, I noticed the transmission had a slight clicking sound and a slight vibration in the rear coming from either the axles or the tranny. At first I thought it was out of true tires.

Since it felt I was lacking for power I took everything apart to check for binding and found the tranny was perfect. I remember Johnny5 stating in a post he found a small burr on one of the gears causing a clicking sound. I inspected the tranny and found nothing.

What I did find was one of the axles was clicking when I turned it by hand. The bearings were fine, but it seems where the driveshaft and bushing meet the axle there was some rubbing of either the pin, bushing, or the driveshaft against the inside of the axle. Cleaned everything reinstalled the axles, placed the pin in a different hole, and everything was smooth.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.