Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
nope, will not work its a SAE/metric thang!
Thanks.
Jconcepts is going to have to get off of their collective butts, , and make some Rulux wheels for the Durangos. We need them for both the DEX210 and the DEX410 so we have some wheel options and dont have to piece or modify something to get what we want.
So I guess the only wheel options are the Durango white or yellow or the DE Racing wheels that are available. If there are any other options please let me know.
Thank you all
Old 01-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

*Waving my arms in the air* I'm a new DEX210 owner

Mantis, already talked to ya, I'll take a body and wing for sure. Can't wait to get this beast up and running.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Rookie

i run rulux on both my 410 and 210

for the rears ya just needa groove the channel out for the pin to fit (and do the pin set up if need to)
and fronts on the 210 ya machine the 5mm shaft done to 4.4mm (what eva the b4 id bearing are) and run the b4 bearings
Old 01-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terra Rover
Thanks.
Jconcepts is going to have to get off of their collective butts, , and make some Rulux wheels for the Durangos. We need them for both the DEX210 and the DEX410 so we have some wheel options and dont have to piece or modify something to get what we want.
So I guess the only wheel options are the Durango white or yellow or the DE Racing wheels that are available. If there are any other options please let me know.
Thank you all
Don't forget the new Mono wheel.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hey guys i have an opportunity to bring the Bugle boy bodies into the states as a dealer, anybody interested?

http://bugleboyracing.com/index.php?categoryid=1
ok i got a few PM's and i think once they are properly painted they will look good, i am going to bring in a dozen with undertrays and see how it goes!
I'd defiantly be down for at least the body, eventually the undertray and bumper (dont wanna scratch up the smecksy chassis during outdoor season :P)
Old 01-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks.
Thank you all
The Jconcepts Rear clamping hex will fit on the rear of the 210. You can then run the Jconcepts mono wheel for the B4.1 on the rear.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rango Racer
i run rulux on both my 410 and 210

for the rears ya just needa groove the channel out for the pin to fit (and do the pin set up if need to)
and fronts on the 210 ya machine the 5mm shaft done to 4.4mm (what eva the b4 id bearing are) and run the b4 bearings
Thanks for the idea but I dont have the ability or access to machinery to machine down the front shafts.
As for the rest of the posts on the wheels, thanks and keep them coming.

I emailed Jconcepts and will wait for a response from them.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the idea but I dont have the ability or access to machinery to machine down the front shafts.
As for the rest of the posts on the wheels, thanks and keep them coming.

I emailed Jconcepts and will wait for a response from them.
Jconcepts Part # 2091
Jconcepts Part # 3348
Old 01-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the pn's JeremyHarris. Nice to see some wheel are out there even if you do have to mod you kit to run them. The fronts on the 210 are the hardest to figure out. Hopefully some companies other than DE Racing will step up and support the Durangos.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Hopefully some companies other than DE Racing will step up and support the Durangos.
Iv been running the DE wheels for the past couple months, and think they are the best wheel I have ever run on any of my buggies. They are very strong, but still have some flex, and are the truest/roundest wheel Iv yet seen.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by arn671
Cpt.America, wondering if you have an idea of whether or not the Durango BB shocks would work on an RB5 SP2? I currently have the K-car but was very interested in trying the 210 to compare. If the shocks work on the K-car it would be a bonus!
I remember early on you were having diff isues? I was on vacation for a while and haven't been able to follow the progress, obviously the car is working well for you now, what was the issue?
What are your thoughts on the Rb5 compared to the 210? Usually racing at TRCR but am planning to head to BRCR hopefully soon.
Thanks.
Happy New Year
Sorry I didn't get to this question earlier, I was pretty busy the last few days! Just ran our annual 8 hour short course enduro at BRCR this weekend, and had no time for the computer at all... We came in second with over 1300 laps! Ok, to your question:

Would the shocks work? I'm sure you could get them to fit, as their overall outer diameters are the same. All you would need to do is limit or lengthen to get the proper length, and maybe shim the top or bottoms to keep things from rubbing. But, why would you? The K shocks are just as good, and I would venture to say that the springs are better. If anything, get the new big bores that come on the new version of the K car. If you want to try out the 210, stop by BRCR any Saturday race night (except this saturday maybe, as I will be on-call at work and can't go to the track)... and I would be happy to let you take my 210 for a spin.

The diff issue was simple... the Circlip was simply coming out of it's recess all on its own, simply because I had compressed the circlip too many times. I had rebuilt the diff twice, and reused the clip. Now I have a huge stack of spares, and the clips are now one-time-use only. Once you learn all the nuances of the 210 diff, building any other diff becomes embarrassing. It's simply the best and longest lasting diff made.

The RB5 and the 210... is a pretty easy comparison. Obviously both cars are extremely good. Both cars have their weakspots, strong suites, advantages and disadvantages. If you add up all the pros and cons of both cars and then sit them side by side, neither car really leans better or worse than the other... they are just different. The one advantage the K car has that really makes it the tiniest bit better, is parts availability, and the fact that it is now a proven platform with a lot of the bugs worked out, with proven setups you can find anywhere. The 210 has a LOT of work ahead of it to get it on the same track. But over time, it will certainly reach the same level... so i'm not worried. With both cars developed to their full potential, I would say that OVERALL... the 210 will end up being a better car on-the-track , albeit quite a bit harder to work on.

Come on out to B-town one of these race nights, find me in the pits and come shake my hand... id be happy to help in any way I can. Bring your gear and put some laps down behind the buzzer!

-Brandon
Old 01-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Brandon, Thanks for the info! What I was hoping to achieve was to get the 210 and run the shocks on it and the K-car. Scott @ TRCR took care of me on Kyosho BB's so that takes care of that issue. Still tempted to p/u the 210 though, I've got a ton of the xray diff clips from my T3.
Will definitely have tocome shake your hand, your car looks dialed in the video on petit. If you ever make it over to Hangar 30, I'm usually racing sedan or 12th scale, not having grip and jumping is definitely taking some getting used to Thanks again-Alvin
Old 01-03-2012, 02:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Just a couple pictures of my Dex210. Original body and the jconcepts.
The jconcepts is far better in quality but the original is a great disign
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-imag0215.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-imag0216.jpg  
Old 01-03-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Transmission help?

Hey guys, running into a little bit of a problem with my build.

In putting together the trans and adding the internal (silver) spacer to the top shaft the bearing actually pushes out of the the plastic piece that holds the motor plate to the transmission and won't allow any top shaft movement.

Now if I take the spacer out everything goes together smooth and the transmission spins freely. I've been told the spacer does need to go in there but for whatever reason it's just not working.

Anyone else have this problem?

Running the mid-motor 3 gear setup.

here is a picture of the problem, you can see the bearing pushing out and thats not even tight (or threaded). That's only pushed onto the lip of the actual gear box. if I tighten it up or even thread the top 2 motor plate screws it's almost an instant drive line bind.

thanks for any tips,recomendations.

Last edited by Slayer1904; 01-03-2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Picture
Old 01-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Tech Lord

no picture.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.