Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey guys thanks for the information. I'm just trying to get an idea of what I have to purchase to make the car competitive and durable. My B4.1 works great, but I just want to try something else that doesnt generate slop after a couple of days of racing.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Everyone, my friend 'Cream' on the oOple . com forum has been busy making lots of these new dex210 front carbon towers and alloy blocks
Here below is a picture of them fitted to my Dex210 direct replacement.

The rear tower weakness maybe due to the wing people are using as they are not the strongest in kit and then the impact load is direct on to the tower rather than the wing taking some load?
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-imag0201.jpg  
Old 01-02-2012, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slymonuk
Hi Everyone, my friend 'Cream' on the oOple . com forum has been busy making lots of these new dex210 front carbon towers and alloy blocks
Here below is a picture of them fitted to my Dex210 direct replacement.

The rear tower weakness maybe due to the wing people are using as they are not the strongest in kit and then the impact load is direct on to the tower rather than the wing taking some load?
I agree with the wing theory. I have had a Jconcepts since my 1st and last shock tower break. Never woulda thunk, I thought I was getting better .

Oh and by the way I broke a plastic steering rack last night, and in a pinch I through in a B4 rack and it worked. all I needed was some longer screws and lock nuts.

Ironically I ordered the carbon one a week ago, still not in from Tresrey. Hoping soon.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

I never broke a rear tower, and so far after maybe 25-30 packs or so, I have went through a front tower, and a shock end, neither part let go, noticed the shock tower when I went to change it my CF, and went to change shock oil and noticed the shock end split vertically----have never seen that, but it was a piece I didn't boil-so far the parts I boiled have not cracked, but I run in the cooler temps 55-60*track temps. The cars durability has been as good/better than any others I have run, and it hasnt slopped out much at all. The diff is amazing, and is still very smooth, granted I am running a 13.5, and did regrease the thrust, but that's not out of the norm.

I am actually quite impressed with the kit wing-it's durability has been second to none in my experience..I have folded it taco style many times, and so far the only signs of wear are the paint/decals.. One thing I did do, after taking the rear end apart a few times, was to glue the double nut holder to the rear clip, really got tired of chasing in and the lock nuts around the room, and then trying hold it, and turn the 2 inch screws in, problem solved for me...Car Is Good
Old 01-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by rcfiend
Has TD addressed the weak rear shock towers yet? If not what are you guys doing to overcome any issues with the rear shock towers. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on one.
unbreakable and allows enough flex to not break the gear case (which is made out of the same brittle material as the tower)
also has 5 shock adjusting points instead of only three.
http://rcshox.com/shoxshop/catalog/p...products_id=61

in my opinion the design is fine but the material is simply too brittle, same with the gear case. i broke mine three laps into my maiden voyage and it had nothing to do with the wing! wing is lexan and will fold in half.

On another note i have a customer sending me a broken gear box. And i have a design for a camber link fix that will also allow for more mounting points!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default RIDE HIEGHT PROBLEM

Im having a problem with my ride hieght with the stock springs with the spring retainers treaded all the way down on the rear the heighest ride height i can get is bearly 16mm in the rear the front is ok but not great. is anyone else having this problem i think its because of the springs the oil im running is 32.5 losi front 27.5 losi rear is that too light? is it because of the springs? i might need to invest in some spring kits.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JOJOHAMBONE
Im having a problem with my ride hieght with the stock springs with the spring retainers treaded all the way down on the rear the heighest ride height i can get is bearly 16mm in the rear the front is ok but not great. is anyone else having this problem i think its because of the springs the oil im running is 32.5 losi front 27.5 losi rear is that too light? is it because of the springs? i might need to invest in some spring kits.

nothing to do with the oil, try losi reds in the rear, they are great!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
nothing to do with the oil, try losi reds in the rear, they are great!
22 springs right? and the stock up front
Old 01-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

22 springs right? and the stock up front
yes, i am REALLY liking this combo, car is awesome!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

yes, i am REALLY liking this combo, car is awesome!
thanks i will get some
Old 01-02-2012, 08:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Hmm, I never experienced a problem with ride height, even with the stock springs. I am running the same oil in the rear, but atm running much stiffer springs (Dk blue), are you using a full stick lipo?
Old 01-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Hmm, I never experienced a problem with ride height, even with the stock springs. I am running the same oil in the rear, but atm running much stiffer springs (Dk blue), are you using a full stick lipo?
yah im using a full size well two saddle packs but pretty much the same thing but i have the light blues all the way around
Old 01-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

unbreakable and allows enough flex to not break the gear case (which is made out of the same brittle material as the tower)
also has 5 shock adjusting points instead of only three.
http://rcshox.com/shoxshop/catalog/p...products_id=61

!
nice tower mantis, got a pic of it installed?
Old 01-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by murky123
nice tower mantis, got a pic of it installed?
here is a dirty pic, sorry! and my car is dirty from yesterday so i cant take a better one right now.

here is my durango "star" extended battery brace too
Old 01-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

lookin good !! thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.