Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwiksi
Anybody know where you can get a blank setup sheet?
On Team Durango's site

http://www.team-durango.com/in-the-p...+%28Masters%29
Old 11-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

Has anyone tried installing the AE gear diff in the 210? Are does anyone know the part number for the TD gear diff?
Old 11-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Kindstrom
Has anyone tried installing the AE gear diff in the 210? Are does anyone know the part number for the TD gear diff?
Shoot "twelvegauge" a message. (No pun intended). He did it.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Decided to ream myself out an 81 tooth AE Kimburough spur gear tonight... I tried as I might to make it as dead center as I can, but unfortunately,it has a tiny wobble to it. Even so, I think it is true enough to run. Its also 1/10th as loud as it was with the durango spur gear.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Machined spur gears should be available in the next week or so on the TD USA site. The sizes will be more in line with what we need to get correct final drives- high 70s to low 80s.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1bigshane
bigshane from rc race chat, testing the new buggy at vegas rc raceway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8U5E3HfmM8
This was the "Frist test run", box stock no setup, buggy was built by MANGO from SIK LIDZ, he guessed set up for this track 30w oil front, 27w in rear, i can tell from watching this vid that the ride hight needs to played with along with other things. , at the vegas rc raceway. with the BIGSHANE from RC RACE CHAT driving, we will have a recap of this vid soon with the car setup!! "i love this thing"!!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

A 210 popped up in the f/s section:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...go-dex210.html

It wont last long!
Old 11-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Ok, so I am posting from the track at the moment.... and have been here for 6 hours and have gotten a grand total of 10 laps on the track because I have been having nothing but nasty issues with my diff. It is built perfectly fine per the manual, and I have rebuilt it 3 times tonight here at the track (which is an amazing feet in and of itself considering there is 25 some odd screws that you have to pull in order to get it out)...

In my hand, the diff feels great. I can break it in and snug it down till its just tight enough, and toss it in the car. I get about 5 or 6 laps around the track, and out of NOwhere, "wam" the car will lose 100% power. What happens, is the center gear on the diff just spins free, and the outdrives sit still. If you grab both tires and spin them in opposite directions, the diff feels super super tight, but there is zero diff action.

3000 screws later, and the diff is out of the car... I disassemble the diff and pull it apart, but it looks fine in it's pieces. I can reassemble the diff all over again and get it back into the car... and it will do the exact same thing 5 or 6 laps later. I can't tell for the LIFE of me what is failing in the diff... all I know is this car is 2 steps away from the trash can ..

Anybody else having this issue? The diff was flawless its first two track days... today, i have 6 hours of wrenching for 5 minutes of track time. BAHH!!
Old 11-05-2011, 06:23 PM

Trader Rating: 470 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Ok, so I am posting from the track at the moment.... and have been here for 6 hours and have gotten a grand total of 10 laps on the track because I have been having nothing but nasty issues with my diff. It is built perfectly fine per the manual, and I have rebuilt it 3 times tonight here at the track (which is an amazing feet in and of itself considering there is 25 some odd screws that you have to pull in order to get it out)...

In my hand, the diff feels great. I can break it in and snug it down till its just tight enough, and toss it in the car. I get about 5 or 6 laps around the track, and out of NOwhere, "wam" the car will lose 100% power. What happens, is the center gear on the diff just spins free, and the outdrives sit still. If you grab both tires and spin them in opposite directions, the diff feels super super tight, but there is zero diff action.

3000 screws later, and the diff is out of the car... I disassemble the diff and pull it apart, but it looks fine in it's pieces. I can reassemble the diff all over again and get it back into the car... and it will do the exact same thing 5 or 6 laps later. I can't tell for the LIFE of me what is failing in the diff... all I know is this car is 2 steps away from the trash can ..

Anybody else having this issue? The diff was flawless its first two track days... today, i have 6 hours of wrenching for 5 minutes of track time. BAHH!!
Sorry Brandon. I have not heard that from anyone else. Good luck.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Is it a four gear? It seems four gear guys are having the most trouble. No issues with mine. Yet, we will see
Old 11-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just poppin in to let you guys know that the RW Racing spurs are available on ebay.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

sounds to me like the optional gear diff is sounding better and better
Old 11-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Buddy of mine set his up the same way. He brought it today and I was going to run it. Did the same thing....spun fine for about 1-2 mins then got tight and locked up. Not sure what the heck it was. He also had his setup in RM4 config.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I had another great outing today, I've picked up a lap from my first week just by relearning to drive 2wd Finished second in the A behind a really fast AE driver. Only way I can describe driving this car is confidence inspiring, the car really is better than the driver, at least for me.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Buddy of mine set his up the same way. He brought it today and I was going to run it. Did the same thing....spun fine for about 1-2 mins then got tight and locked up. Not sure what the heck it was. He also had his setup in RM4 config.
2 210's in my area...2 210's with diff problems... The one i have seen locks up for no reason at all running the rear motor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.