R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Turnigy lipos ? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/341048-turnigy-lipos.html)

Justpassedu 11-02-2009 06:20 AM

I just bought a 5000mah 20c for $20 plus shipping and so far so good , works perfectly and great price , id def. consider giving one a try at this price and if you dont like it well you didnt spend much ...

J-milz 11-02-2009 08:19 AM

I recently started racing when the Slash classes became the rave. I bought $160 lipo pack not doing any research on a crappy charger and the pack swelled after two trips to the track :flaming:. A racer at the Barn put me on to the Turnigy packs and I bought a few of them. They're great! Especially for a guy like me who gets to race 1-2 per month :cry:.

I even bought a Turnigy 13t b'less motor and speed control for les than $80 for the set, to try it out. Has anyone ever used these? Or should i have stopped at just the batteries?

Briguy 11-02-2009 01:08 PM

Thanks for all the replies ! I ordered two Zippy 5200 30C lipos as the Turnigy 5000 were bigger and don`t think they would fit in my truck and know for sure they won`t fit my buggy .

chokopops 11-02-2009 02:06 PM

Does Zippy or Turnigy make saddle packs aswell?

Thanks

Briguy 11-02-2009 02:17 PM

Believe I seen one or two when browsing .

devilchrist 11-02-2009 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by J-milz (Post 6553455)
I recently started racing when the Slash classes became the rave. I bought $160 lipo pack not doing any research on a crappy charger and the pack swelled after two trips to the track :flaming:. A racer at the Barn put me on to the Turnigy packs and I bought a few of them. They're great! Especially for a guy like me who gets to race 1-2 per month :cry:.

I even bought a Turnigy 13t b'less motor and speed control for les than $80 for the set, to try it out. Has anyone ever used these? Or should i have stopped at just the batteries?

turnigy ESC seems to be rebadged hobbywing, which are known to be good.

I use the turnigy 150A ESC on the truggy and 60A on the blitz. they both work great.

not sure on the motor though,

segmentfault 11-02-2009 03:19 PM

I asked a question in the MaxAmp$ section here once, and it got deleted without any reply or reason.

My question was:

Could someone at MaxAmps please provide me with a reason why the Brands prices are so high compared to comparable batteries? Is there something that sets MaxAmps batteries apart from your competition?

After that, I had no reason to even try to defend them. I asked a simple question that just went in to the void. I guess the best way to deal with a question there is no answer to is just to delete it and forget it was even asked?

Briguy 11-02-2009 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by segmentfault (Post 6554867)
I asked a question in the MaxAmp$ section here once, and it got deleted without any reply or reason.

My question was:

Could someone at MaxAmps please provide me with a reason why the Brands prices are so high compared to comparable batteries? Is there something that sets MaxAmps batteries apart from your competition?

After that, I had no reason to even try to defend them. I asked a simple question that just went in to the void. I guess the best way to deal with a question there is no answer to is just to delete it and forget it was even asked?

Maxamps is over rated and over priced . I had a few of their lipos and they sucked compared to Orion , SMC , and others .

Briguy 11-02-2009 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by segmentfault (Post 6554867)

My question was:

Maxamps is over rated and over priced . I had a few of their lipos and they sucked compared to Orion , SMC , and others .

jmcvicker 11-02-2009 03:39 PM

No worries about brand names, etc. Enjoy the Zippy or Turnigy and that's enough. Asking a vendor why they cost too much, etc. - that just leads to a lot of flame wars. Forget the why's and what-for's and just enjoy the blue packs.

I have a lot of blue packs - love them and don't know I could even run RC if I had to buy them all from name-brand dealers. The Turnigy that one poster said was too wide - those are more aligned to the size of the battery trays such as the Losi 1/8 scale. You can find a variety that fits 1/10th scale bays (like T4 and B4, Slash, etc) and Turnigy and Zippy both have hard-case packs which are fine.

segmentfault 11-02-2009 03:53 PM

I asked because I wanted to know if I was missing something, not to start a flame war.

Duster_360 11-02-2009 03:57 PM

You ever notice how much advertising they do? That money's got to come from somewhere....

Toddzilla 11-02-2009 05:17 PM

I had 2 zippy flightmax hard case 4000 mah 25c batteries about a year ago.

While they worked they were awesome, they performed great.

However, one died after about 2 months and the other after about 3 months.

While the cells themselves obviously work well, the quality control and soldering inside of them are nothing short of horrendous.

Slashtastic 11-02-2009 05:34 PM

i havnt had any soldering messed up in mine. maybe just a bad batch

cjwilly 11-17-2009 07:14 PM

Anyone have any problems soldering on new connectors?

I have a 2s turingy 5000mah lipo and am having the darndest time tinning the wires. It seems that the wire is coated and I cannot get this stuff to accept solder. An electronics buddy of mine thinks it might be aluminum coated copper? I know how to solder, how to tin an iron, and this is really frustrating me? Any ideas?