Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Bad luck

Well, finally got a chance to charge up the lipos and begin setting the Vorza up for racing Saturday. I replaced the stock receiver with a Spektrum and ensuring that every thing was tight. Then I check and set the mess. I then moved to the difs. Well, I opened the center dif and found that one of the spider gears was broken in half. I then checked the rear, which was ok. I then check the front and it too had a broken spider gear.

I called HPI customer service and they were nice, but wants pictures and I must email them for them to evaluate the situation. I am not a happy camper, but will follow the process. But until then, is there another HPI dif package that will work? I am headed to the LHS to see if the Savage kit's spider gear will fit till HPI works my email.

More later, has anybody encountered such a strange thing (right out of the box)?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default VORZA SERVO COMPARISON CHART

Originally Posted by HYDE16
Between this thread and the Ve8 thread there have been 10+ recommendations on Hi-Tech servos.

When I have the time I'll throw together a comparison chart on all of them and see what is truly needed for the Vorza.
AS PROMISED, ATTACHED IS A ZIP FILE WITH AN EXCEL COMPARISON CHART FOR SERVOS RECOMMENDED FOR THE VORZA.

Now, lets sort out what is truly needed and what is overkill.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Vorza Servo Comparison.zip (5.2 KB, 104 views)
Old 02-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stoker
Well, finally got a chance to charge up the lipos and begin setting the Vorza up for racing Saturday. I replaced the stock receiver with a Spektrum and ensuring that every thing was tight. Then I check and set the mess. I then moved to the difs. Well, I opened the center dif and found that one of the spider gears was broken in half. I then checked the rear, which was ok. I then check the front and it too had a broken spider gear.

I called HPI customer service and they were nice, but wants pictures and I must email them for them to evaluate the situation. I am not a happy camper, but will follow the process. But until then, is there another HPI dif package that will work? I am headed to the LHS to see if the Savage kit's spider gear will fit till HPI works my email.

More later, has anybody encountered such a strange thing (right out of the box)?
You want to get either the HotBodies D8 diff inards or the Ve8 parts. Those are a direct replacement. The Savage is a whole different horse.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default Just Curious?

Which do you prefer for your transmitter, AA's or rechargeable packs?
Old 02-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

AS PROMISED, ATTACHED IS A ZIP FILE WITH AN EXCEL COMPARISON CHART FOR SERVOS RECOMMENDED FOR THE VORZA.

Now, lets sort out what is truly needed and what is overkill.
Updated file, seems the last one didn't work, lets try it again.
Try this link and not the attached file.

-SERVO COMPARISON CHART-
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Servo Comparison Chart.zip (9.0 KB, 48 views)
Old 02-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For those of you trying the 5-5-5 diff setup how are you liking it compared to 5-5-2?
Old 02-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Default VORZA HELP

Help please, Where and what are the Part# for the Smaller Spur Gears for the Vonza. Thank You.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

Actually, I took mine apart down to the last screw to rebuild it "my way" before I ran it for the first time.

I had a broken diff case, chipped teeth on 1 spider gear, and one diff was missing a shim, so the gear mesh was not ideal.

I didn't bother with custimer service. It was cheaper to order those parts online than to call customer service in Japan (I live in Japan). Installed the new parts, and the car has been perfect.

- Paulie

Last edited by pgeldz; 02-12-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Mya
Which do you prefer for your transmitter, AA's or rechargeable packs?
AA's. I use the sanyo enloop's and there fantastic in my spektrum.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

After you guys check your diff's are you using new gaskets or re-using the original one ?.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I just got my Vorza delivered yesterday, since the weather here sucks I was planning just letting Vorza sit for a few more weeks (killing me ), but now I am thinking I should tear open the diffs and take a look. Is this an issue that people have been seeing?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

What size is the Vorza Spur. Wanted to see if one would fit on the Ve8 car?
Old 02-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Vision
After you guys check your diff's are you using new gaskets or re-using the original one ?.
Reused the originals...no leakage at all...

- Paulie
Old 02-12-2010, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

Updated file, seems the last one didn't work, lets try it again.
Try this link and not the attached file.

-SERVO COMPARISON CHART-
The link above still works but takes a while to download since it's a crappy free website. Here is a screen shot of the comparison, may need to break out the glasses for this one....

I think most of us would be fine with the Hitec HS-7985MG servo for $95.
Everything above that seems kind of overkill no?

Old 02-12-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Servo Review

Hyde16 -- First thanks for the great review. For some reason I could download your zip file, but couldn't open due to some type of error (triied on multiple systems). Anyway, your last post is great. I agree, with your final thought. The Hitec HS-7985MG would be the overall best (considering price and features). I have used this on my old nitro buggy and truggy and it met my needs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.