Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

Ah, you got blue in 76mm for your 112mm shocks?

I'm getting 60mm white for the front and 68mm yellow, 68mm red and 60mm blue for the rear.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HYDE16
Ah, you got blue in 76mm for your 112mm shocks?

I'm getting 60mm white for the front and 68mm yellow, 68mm red and 60mm blue for the rear.
Sweet. Yeah, the 76mm Blue are the next step up from what the 112mm shocks come with. I figured, if the Yellows are supposed to be about the same as the 60mm Whites even though they are softer (but longer), then the same will hold true for the 76mm Blues compared to the 68mm Yellows.

I think the Blue 60mm might be good too, cause they are inbetween the White and the Orange 60mm, but they end up being far down on the shock body because of the amount of preload you have to use to keep the ride height at a manageable level. The Stock Orange 60mm were pretty far down on the collars, and the Blues are softer, so that's why I went with the Red 68mm and Blue 76mm.

When I get a chance to test them I'll let you know how it turned out. I really want to keep 45wt oil though, because in the summer it'll only get worse and require heavier fluid. If I can't find a good combo using the springs mentioned above, I'll get a set of 1.2 pistions and start testing springs again with those.

- Paulie
Old 02-05-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

So HYDE, youve been running for almost two months now and have not broke a part!?! Thats incredible! Either this car is tough as heck or your not driving much lol
Old 02-05-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pgeldz
To be honest, you really don't need to upgrade the Vorza's servo at all. It's very good for what you get. I only got the Hi Tech because I'm using it in my D8, and I wanted the steering feel to be the same (The HiTech is slightly faster than the stock unit in the Vorza).

But for someone new to the hobby, the stock servo is plenty, and it's a good match for the Vorza. I'd rather put that money into a 2.4ghz radio first, if I were outlining an upgrade path, but that's just me.

- Paulie
Who in their right mind would buy a 120 dollar digital servo and not have a 2.4ghz radio to use with it first?That would be insane.Looking at the vorza I personally think Hpi messed up by not having the metal gear servo digital and and the radio 2.4ghz radio standard with a 600 dollar car.Traxxas does it.I know in Japan they are using mostly am and not 2.4 so maybe thats why.I dont know.What I like about the Hitec is the prograaming.I can set the dead band to remove the noise which I never had with my Futaba digital servos but hitec telling me its normal for theirs.I can also do a Servo test, adjust the dead band width(cleaning the noise), speed, direction (CW/CCW),fail safe position fail safe, and the end points.Thats awesome to me
Old 02-05-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by *BBB*
So HYDE, youve been running for almost two months now and have not broke a part!?! Thats incredible! Either this car is tough as heck or your not driving much lol
Ha! No breaks yet, I've been driving it off-road and on-road, haven't really hit up the track all that much yet since my outdoor one is shut down for the season.

When April comes around I'll be running it every weekend so I'll have more feedback then.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default To desticker or not to desticker?

I have never been a fan of stock body stickers.Most of my cars were never rtr so I had to paint them myself.I looking at the vorza and am wondering if I should just leave them on.The blue isnt bad.But on the other hand a smooth silver and a black wing could be cool too.What did you guys do?
Old 02-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

I for one am getting the D8 body and painting it in my color scheme.
I spoke to HPI / HB and they showed me how to mod the body so it fits on the Vorza.

Once I get it I’ll be posting step by step instructions on this thread.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Anyone have any good tire suggestions for onroad ?. I was using my aka cityblocks in hard compound and in just one session 50% of the tire has wore off !.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vision
Anyone have any good tire suggestions for onroad ?. I was using my aka cityblocks in hard compound and in just one session 50% of the tire has wore off !.
Pro-Line Road Rage.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Pro-Line Road Rage XTR 1/8 Buggy Tires with Molded Foams (2)
[PRO9012-00] = $18

Old 02-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I use the Road Rage tires on my E-Maxx and they hardly show wear. Of course, the extra hook up also means I have to be careful on the throttle if I don't want to flip it under power.

ben
Old 02-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Wow... a lot of great info on this thread, thanks everyone!

Can anyone tell me detailed differences between 2200kv & 2650kv?
Would there be any true benefits in changing out to the 2650kv?
If so what are they and what pinion gear would be best?
Old 02-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Vision... what is that digital meter you got hooked up to the battery?
Old 02-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vision
If your going to use 6s you definately need a belted tire.. Ive learned this from expierence The road rages will balloon like crazy almost immediately ruin the tire. OFNA belted tires are about the only 1/8 17mm belted tires i could find and MAN they made a HUGE difference!

Also, i was going to ask you what kind of speeds are you getting with the smaller spur gear?
Old 02-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bnangle
I have never been a fan of stock body stickers.Most of my cars were never rtr so I had to paint them myself.I looking at the vorza and am wondering if I should just leave them on.The blue isnt bad.But on the other hand a smooth silver and a black wing could be cool too.What did you guys do?
I was in the same boat you are. I wanted the Red, but got the Blue. Worked out great though cause it was just the push I needed to de-sticker.

I made my own decals on waterslide paper, then layed them on top of durable flouescent vinyl. Simple, but effective - and definitley not RTR looking.

- Paulie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.