Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Azagar
Anyone have experience with the HHH chassis? Looking to get one for my vorza over the Tekno one because I like the saddle pack configuration much more. My Vorza is practically a D8 Hara now with every single upgrade available done, the chassis is the final piece.
I hear it is a really good chassis from those that run it. The only issue many have had is getting one in a timely manner. From what I understand the guy who makes them does it on the side and it takes a while to get it delivered and it is really hard to get in touch with him to find out what is going on while you are waiting.

I went with the Tekno chassis since I had so many 4s packs and didn't want to switch horses. The balance of the tekno is very good...I love mine.

I don't think you can go wrong either way though...its just a personal preference on configuration.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timritchieblue
Toe in on the rear??? How do I adjust the rear toe in???
that I don't know.... lol I don't think you can...... you can adjust the cambering but not the toe. if your toe is off in the rear its not a adjustment setting you have to worry about. check the brace on the very back of the chassis.The rear pivot plate, i know on some there are multiple plates that come with it like a 3-2 or 3-3 pivot plate. The stock is a 3degree, a little expensive but maybe this one it's a 3.5 degree toe pivot plate http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...e-Block-System
Old 10-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TimMo846
that I don't know.... lol I don't think you can...... you can adjust the cambering but not the toe. if your toe is off in the rear its not a adjustment setting you have to worry about. check the brace on the very back of the chassis.The rear pivot plate, i know on some there are multiple plates that come with it like a 3-2 or 3-3 pivot plate. The stock is a 3degree, a little expensive but maybe this one it's a 3.5 degree toe pivot plate http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...e-Block-System
Yes. That is exactly what you would use.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default advise needed

About a month ago the esc in my Vorza burst into flames. HPI sent me a new one, I set it up and all seemed fine. I ran it for about five mins and it quit running. It didn't get hot, every thing seems in order. When I turn the switch on it doesn't make the arming sounds and the yellow light comes on. The servo works but not the motor. I've tried different batteries and even put in a tx out of another buggy that I know for sure that it works. I double checked the motor wires and they're plugged in properly. Any body have any ideas I really don't want to send it back to HPI. Another thing when I first turn on the switch the fan doesn't come on. I checked it and it spins freely.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jones8352
About a month ago the esc in my Vorza burst into flames. HPI sent me a new one, I set it up and all seemed fine. I ran it for about five mins and it quit running. It didn't get hot, every thing seems in order. When I turn the switch on it doesn't make the arming sounds and the yellow light comes on. The servo works but not the motor. I've tried different batteries and even put in a tx out of another buggy that I know for sure that it works. I double checked the motor wires and they're plugged in properly. Any body have any ideas I really don't want to send it back to HPI. Another thing when I first turn on the switch the fan doesn't come on. I checked it and it spins freely.
Check the motor plugs again...on the ESC and the motor...sometimes they can get gummed up and it doesn't take that much (almost like a dark tarnishing on the gold plating) and prevent the ESC from detecting the motor and/or causing a short/stutter while running. I had this happen before and all I did was scrape away the buildup and it is good now. Not sure what caused it...neither was Castle. Something probably got in there and caused some kind of reaction under all that voltage...now I just keep an eye on them. Hasn't happened since. Hopefully that's all it is.

Last edited by Z4Kevo; 10-20-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys, heres a vid from when i was playing in the sand the other week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4wAX-1O5S8

Mods> removed wing, turned out well, as it landed shiny side up alot. F=R stainless bashplates, carbon chassis protector. i went to a fabric shop, and got some stuff similar to outerwears, and covered the esc, worked awesome, perfect even. doing wheelies blew the 2 front paddletyres, from the center diff action 'hyperspeeding' them, that sucked. also the badlands, and the paddles to some degree, filled up with sand from the air holes in the rim. stock vorza wheels dont have that, so i boiled off the paddles, hole punched two 3mm holes in each tread, and cloth taped the insides, 2 laps, befor gluing them to stock vorza v7 wheels. these tyres went awesome after that. i also hotglued the diff, to stop the overspeeding, but as it heated up from use it remelted. didnt really work out. then after it refroze. pretty annoying. Great day though Alot of fun and well worth hours in the sun being sandblasted.

Damage> 2 paddle tyres, front spindle carrier stripped, broke one steering tie rodend, curved both center driveshafts, busted up spotlight, 4 exploded BNIB badlands, cracked front off battery tray, loose front diff cup grub screw.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z4Kevo
Check the motor plugs again...on the ESC and the motor...sometimes they can get gummed up and it doesn't take that much (almost like a dark tarnishing on the gold plating) and prevent the ESC from detecting the motor and/or causing a short/stutter while running. I had this happen before and all I did was scrape away the buildup and it is good now. Not sure what caused it...neither was Castle. Something probably got in there and caused some kind of reaction under all that voltage...now I just keep an eye on them. Hasn't happened since. Hopefully that's all it is.
I took a look and the plugs from the motor look like new and the esc is new. Just for kicks I cleaned both with contact cleaner but it didn't do any thing. Hard to believe that a brand new esc is defective. I've had the worse luck with the esc's in my Vorza. This is my third one since I bought it new in April. I take good care of my rc's, I don't over gear and I use quality batteries. The one before this one literaly caught on fire!!! Thanks for the idea Kev, it was worth a try.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It could be the switch on the esc, they go bad a lot.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

I took a look and the plugs from the motor look like new and the esc is new. Just for kicks I cleaned both with contact cleaner but it didn't do any thing. Hard to believe that a brand new esc is defective. I've had the worse luck with the esc's in my Vorza. This is my third one since I bought it new in April. I take good care of my rc's, I don't over gear and I use quality batteries. The one before this one literaly caught on fire!!! Thanks for the idea Kev, it was worth a try.
Bummer man. I overlooked mine the first time and was was hoping it would be as easy as that for you too.

You getting power to the RX? If so, Do the lights on the ESC react to your trigger pull? ie. change colors? I've had mine intermittently forget its' calibration. Re-calibrated and everything was good.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxxaire
Hi guys, heres a vid from when i was playing in the sand the other week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4wAX-1O5S8

Mods> removed wing, turned out well, as it landed shiny side up alot. F=R stainless bashplates, carbon chassis protector. i went to a fabric shop, and got some stuff similar to outerwears, and covered the esc, worked awesome, perfect even. doing wheelies blew the 2 front paddletyres, from the center diff action 'hyperspeeding' them, that sucked. also the badlands, and the paddles to some degree, filled up with sand from the air holes in the rim. stock vorza wheels dont have that, so i boiled off the paddles, hole punched two 3mm holes in each tread, and cloth taped the insides, 2 laps, befor gluing them to stock vorza v7 wheels. these tyres went awesome after that. i also hotglued the diff, to stop the overspeeding, but as it heated up from use it remelted. didnt really work out. then after it refroze. pretty annoying. Great day though Alot of fun and well worth hours in the sun being sandblasted.

Damage> 2 paddle tyres, front spindle carrier stripped, broke one steering tie rodend, curved both center driveshafts, busted up spotlight, 4 exploded BNIB badla

nds, cracked front off battery tray, loose front diff cup grub screw.

Kool vid,, have you tryed paddles frt and rear?? Gettin ready to buy some. Post some pics of the esc cover
Old 10-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z4Kevo
Bummer man. I overlooked mine the first time and was was hoping it would be as easy as that for you too.

You getting power to the RX? If so, Do the lights on the ESC react to your trigger pull? ie. change colors? I've had mine intermittently forget its' calibration. Re-calibrated and everything was good.
I am getting power to the RX, I even put a new one in to see if that was it. The lights on the esc don't do any thing, as soon as the switch is turned on the yellow light comes on. I tried to re-calibrate it but it won't respond, it's acting like it's not seeing the signal from the tx. I know the tx is working because I use it on three other rigs and all work fine. In the am I'm going to put a new esc in. If it works then I'll know the Tork esc is defective.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tintman
It could be the switch on the esc, they go bad a lot.
They do fail a lot but the lights on the esc come on and so do the lights on the rx so I know power is going through the switch. I wonder if it's possible that there's not enough power going through the switch to arm the esc, is that even possible. I guess I could cut it off to see, I don't really have any thing to lose.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jerry
Sorry bout your mishaps man... Hopefully HPI will help you out asap.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

They do fail a lot but the lights on the esc come on and so do the lights on the rx so I know power is going through the switch. I wonder if it's possible that there's not enough power going through the switch to arm the esc, is that even possible. I guess I could cut it off to see, I don't really have any thing to lose.
try plugging it in to castle link and reset the whole ESC just to makes sure.

is the lead to the RX plugged in correctly(not backwards)?

what happens when you dont have the rx connected and you turn it on?

Try unplugging the servo, sometimes a bad servo can wreck havoc on a system. I used to have a Summit where 1 of the 5 servos went out and it was screwing EVERYthing else up.

Just some suggestions. Hope it helps.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi, yea i had 4 paddles at the start, but the fronts blew out, from wheelies. very frustrating considering how hard they are to find, and how $$$ they cost. where are you getting them from??

i recently bought a hyper7E, but love the vorza more, so bought a D8E, and a D8 Hara Tekno, and am waiting for them to arrive from overseas. so ill have 3 Vorzas soon. ill sell the hyper, and keep one type of parts.

ive already blown 3 motors in the one i have, for different reasons. wheres hte best spot for rebuilds? ive found them for $25 but when u order thay say mistake ectect, and now 55-65. any help? cheers guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.