Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 6s in the rain

I'm stupid, look 6s vorza in the rain!! Anywho. Bent shock tower, lost wheel, broke wing.. more to come.

I have the 5mm upgrade rear shock tower??? What for the front??? Any d8 stuff better?
Attached Thumbnails HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-2011-09-18-13.17.53.jpg   HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-2011-09-18-13.17.46.jpg   HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-2011-09-18-13.17.29.jpg  
Old 09-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timritchieblue
I'm stupid, look 6s vorza in the rain!! Anywho. Bent shock tower, lost wheel, broke wing.. more to come.

I have the 5mm upgrade rear shock tower??? What for the front??? Any d8 stuff better?
The impact required to bend the front shock tower like that would likely bend/break any shock tower you can buy for it. I have had really good luck with the tekno towers...it would have faired a little better, but I am sure it still would have bent too.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You my friend are a true basher...... Good luck replacing anything that won't bend. +1 on what Kevo said. Anything you buy you're going to end up bending, if you bent the stockers. That had to been one hell of a impact!!!!!!!!!! Wow! I would inspect your whole front end very well and make sure there are no cracks in anything else with how hard you had to hit what ever you did.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rchoi
I want to try 2650kv motor.
Did anyone try tekin 2650 motor? Does it fit?
Thanks
The motor mount for the Torq is fairly propriatary. However I shoehorned a Tekin 2050 / TT2311 into it. The 2050 is exact same size as the 2650 just less kv. The motot mount hing bar most towards the front of the vehicle will have to be sort of bent forwards towards the front of the vehicle. The cooling fin pattern is wider on the Tekin than on the Torq. NOt taller. Wider along the length of the motor. You will see what I mean when you put it in. Its doable. A bit of a rubiks cube. But doable. Just play with it. Should not have to dremmel anything. Just a slight forward push of the forward hinge.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

K 6s is a bit much, can I run a 3s and 2s?? Both are 5000 mah and 40c?
Old 09-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TimMo846
You my friend are a true basher...... Good luck replacing anything that won't bend. +1 on what Kevo said. Anything you buy you're going to end up bending, if you bent the stockers. That had to been one hell of a impact!!!!!!!!!! Wow! I would inspect your whole front end very well and make sure there are no cracks in anything else with how hard you had to hit what ever you did.
Thanks, I got lots of spare parts, hehe... I pancaked a tree @ 40 mph bout 10' in the air. Waiting for it to dry up... got bout 5 more sets of tires togo
Old 09-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

K 6s is a bit much, can I run a 3s and 2s?? Both are 5000 mah and 40c?
you can run any lipo you want together, as long as they are the same mAh and C rating. IE: 5000mAh 2s 40c & 5000mAh 3s 40c. Good run to go with is stick with the same name brands together too. But the esc is said to require at least 4s and a burst rating of 25c to operate it. I'm not a 100% if you "HAVE" to go by this, but if the manufacturer says it I like to stick with it and not test my luck. Also I believe the ESC can only hold up to 6s too.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ahhhhhhh? I ran my pomatched 7 cells? Its was slow on top end, had good punch.

Help with settings on castlev link?? I just updated the software? What else can I adjust? Wha is punch control?? I think its @ 0%, and 10* timming?
Old 09-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Punch control limits how much current the esc will pass to the motor at one time. If you are having problems with traction, play with punch control and it will help.

Click on the little question mark icon next to each setting, it will tell you what that setting does and what the default setting is.

Running my vorza on 6s with a 18t pinion, it would flip over backwards when it was given a lot of throttle. 50 percent tamed it down enough for it to be driveable.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

Ahhhhhhh? I ran my pomatched 7 cells? Its was slow on top end, had good punch.

Help with settings on castlev link?? I just updated the software? What else can I adjust? Wha is punch control?? I think its @ 0%, and 10* timming?
if you click on the "?" next to everything on the castle link it will tell you what it is and what setting is better for what. Punch control allows you adjust how aggressive your take off/ acceleration is. the 0% setting has no acceleration limiting, so your motor is at full power all the time. I race and I use 75% most of the time on mine.
Timing is more on how your motor performs and how much power it uses. I would leave the timing alone, if you don't really know what you're doing you can end up frying your motor. And like I said the MMPro ESC is only rated upto 6(S)cells, so you might not want to run that many to much, no matter if you have the money to replace one or not their not a cheap part.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by badaml
Punch control limits how much current the esc will pass to the motor at one time. If you are having problems with traction, play with punch control and it will help.

Click on the little question mark icon next to each setting, it will tell you what that setting does and what the default setting is.

Running my vorza on 6s with a 18t pinion, it would flip over backwards when it was given a lot of throttle. 50 percent tamed it down enough for it to be driveable.
you beat me to it. lol.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimMo846
you beat me to it. lol.
Better too much help than not enough!
Old 09-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by badaml
Better too much help than not enough!
Some times the questions you ask can be answered by just reading the program too. :P And you're right to much help is never a bad thing, different views of what you need to know so you have a wider and better understanding of it. Castle Link is pretty easy to get the hang of really fast. You just have to mess with it and see what you like the best for your driving styles. Now I'm Trying to get the hang of my damn Hotwire for my Tekin now! This f*cker is a pain to get the timing and everything else down. But I'm getting the hang of it. It doesn't give you any kind of details on what each part does on the program you have to go to their site which isn't bad but a pain and a hassle at times especially when your out on the track. Oh and 1 more suggestion Timrichie, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT mess with the throttle curve or brake curve unless you understand what your doing with it! You can set it back to factory settings but you run the chance of hurting your motor or esc.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info, I was just runnig 5s, I think that's perfrect. Good drifts yet still got punch. Broke wire off esc, back to lhs
Old 09-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

I think 6s is awesome! LOL! On another note, I remember hitting my front shock tower on a car wheel the 1st day I got it and it bent. I didn't even go fast. It bent back about half a centimeter on the right side... I was able to bend it back straight and haven't had any accidents since. That's cause i'm a better driver now.

Also anyone use Badlands for street use? I still haven't used the stock wheels since I was keeping those for grass and dirt, but I was thinking of gettting road rage tires or badlands to put on my white Ansmann rims...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.