Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default Wheel alignment

Hey guys my Vorza was tracking perfectly straight until yesterday when I was changing shock oils. I was fiddling around with the trim to the right cause the buggy was slightly veering left... So what I did when I got home was I set the trim back to 0, unscrewed the servo connection and carefully put the servo horn I believe on so it was 90 degrees or close to that. I tried th Vorza again and it still kinda veers left... I then proceeded to adjusting the turnbuckles on the left side... It now goes straight. My question is do you guys ever touch the turnbuckles to adjust or use the trim? I used my digital caliper to see the measurements between the left and right turnbuckles and they were equal in length until I adjusted the left one... Should I make them equal again and adjust with the remote control trim for fine adjustment? Also do any of you ever get any RC car to go straight while the trim is actualy at 0? Or there is always a fine tuning with the trim?
Old 09-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ngnaw
Hey guys my Vorza was tracking perfectly straight until yesterday when I was changing shock oils. I was fiddling around with the trim to the right cause the buggy was slightly veering left... So what I did when I got home was I set the trim back to 0, unscrewed the servo connection and carefully put the servo horn I believe on so it was 90 degrees or close to that. I tried th Vorza again and it still kinda veers left... I then proceeded to adjusting the turnbuckles on the left side... It now goes straight. My question is do you guys ever touch the turnbuckles to adjust or use the trim? I used my digital caliper to see the measurements between the left and right turnbuckles and they were equal in length until I adjusted the left one... Should I make them equal again and adjust with the remote control trim for fine adjustment? Also do any of you ever get any RC car to go straight while the trim is actualy at 0? Or there is always a fine tuning with the trim?
Usually a lot of fine tuning to get it to go straight 100%. Not really "fine" tuning, but takes more than 5 minutes to adjust it type of thing and that's "fine" tuning to me. as far as the turnbuckles I've never had to adjust mine yet(knocks on wood). But the previous ones I have adjusted or replaced I usually got with the same way as you or a ruler of some sort. I had a little issue after I put in a new servo, didn't zero out my radio from the last one and just had to take off the arm and put it back on again.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Happy to report that my Vorza is up and running after about a week waiting for a new center differential and a HB universal joint rebuilt kit after my still unexplained break down. This time I made sure to use Locktite and a heat-shrink wrap on the DCJ. Wanted to go ahead and praise two new upgrades I purchased in that time in case anyone was interested.

I bought the Hexcrews Vorza screw conversion kit, and must say it was a fantastic buy and not really expensive considering what I got. After striping around 3 screws so far I knew I wanted a stronger screw set and this was definitely it. Think the total was around 173 screws which are all packaged according to size which made the switch one by one so much easier. One thing I should mention is it's not exactly a 100% conversion, more like 90%, noticed it was missing some of the larger screws. Overall though would definitely recommend it.

I also purchased some new battery packs from HK and so far they have been excellent. The ones I purchased are the Turnigy nano-tech 5600mah 2S 50~100C hardcase. I'm not really sure if the extra C is having a significant impact but at $35 why not. The packs I was using prior are the Turnigy flightmax 5700mah 2s 50c hardcase and those also turned out well.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Good to see you got it fixed up again
Can you tell me, how is this hexcrew conversion set? Are these better quality screws and bolts, to just replace the original ones with better screws when you feel its needed?
Greets
Old 09-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

There much higher grade then the stock bolts and don't use any button heads. Instead those are replaced by much better socket heads. I went ahead and replaced almost every bolt in order to avoid further striping stock screws in the future. One thing the set doesn't include are set screws, some of the larger m5+ screws and some of there very long m4 screws. Not really sure why it doesn't may have to contact Hexheads and ask.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

hi guys,just getting back into electric again after racing baja,s.Going to be getting the new vorza when available next month.What would you say should be the first upgrades that i get,and which are the important ones.Been looking at the high mount rear shock tower(112mm),and the 112mm big bore rear shocks,any help would be great,
Old 09-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

Ive understood there are different ways to get pretty much the same effect as having the 112mm upgrade without spending the money..
I do have it myself though (should be information on that in this topic)

Probably first things i would check for are a good servo, alu servohorn, and perhaps a good transmitter if you havent got one already.
Hope this helps
Old 09-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah,i took my Savox 1256 servo out of my baja before i sold it so i was going to fit this.I think this should be ok.Maybe look at a dx3s radio or something similar....ps.....Will this servo be ok in the vorza?

Last edited by jon9e; 09-02-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

I would definitely recommend a pair of Mugen outer pins these. Also a fan of the beefier 5mm front shock tower. That servo will be great with the Vorza, it's what I use. Just know that you will need a glitch buster capacitor or a external bec to power it. The MM esc only puts out 5.4v so you get browning out with the 1256tg.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Man I wish we could all meet up and have a massive RC outting lol! I just finished soldering all my connectors to EC5 and I have to say these are pretty sweet! Simple to solder too and looks so clean! I'll post pics later!

I'm still trying to get the car to go straight Could it be because my street is somewhat convex? It wasn't doing this before... I think i'm going to go to 0 Toe in front... I've read that toe out improves turning but makes the car wiggle sometimes when trying to go straight. Or did I unbalance the car when I was fiddling with the shock preloads? I've read that can make a car lean in one direction too...
Old 09-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Which glitch buster would you reccomend to fit in the vorza with a savox 1256 servo?
Old 09-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

The $6 Racer's Edge one worked just fine for me up until I got a CC bec.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm using HUDY hex tools and I cannot imagine stripping a single stock screw... The stock one seem more than decent to me; how do you manage to strip them and feel the need for an optionnal screw kit ???
Old 09-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jon9e
hi guys,just getting back into electric again after racing baja,s.Going to be getting the new vorza when available next month.What would you say should be the first upgrades that i get,and which are the important ones.Been looking at the high mount rear shock tower(112mm),and the 112mm big bore rear shocks,any help would be great,
Originally Posted by jon9e
Yeah,i took my Savox 1256 servo out of my baja before i sold it so i was going to fit this.I think this should be ok.Maybe look at a dx3s radio or something similar....ps.....Will this servo be ok in the vorza?
Yeah switching out the stock servo is a great idea, with the previous model the stock went out a lot mine did and a few others on here had the same issue and some didn't. Your Savox will be great for it. I like a little bit faster one, but thats me. I'm running the Savox 1232 it's 305 @ .15 just a little faster but you can tell the difference. I guess it's just a personal preference on what you like, but it's a good thing to have the higher torque due to the servo saver being a beast.
To add on about the aluminum servo horn++++++ I suggest a Racers Edge servo horn if you don't already have one. The stock will like to bend with a different servo.
The 112mm shocks are a GREAT 1st upgrade. Helps out a lot with the rear bottoming out more.
About a RX/TX..... That's totally up to you, the new Vorza comes with a 2.4ghz so it's not a must to upgrade right away, but having a really nice one isn't a bad thing.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

just wanted to pass off a excellent deal to my hotbodies/hpi buds, buggy has 30 minutes of runtime on it, mint condition!! great deal!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...rted-nice.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.