Search

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Track Star & ShortCourseHQ bring exciting news:

FINALLY.. a bearing kit for the SCRT10!

Metal shielded one side with rubber seal on the other these ABEC 5 bearings are great replacement bearing for any situation for the SCRT10.

All kits will include:

6) 10x15 & 12) 5x11 bearings

Cost is somewhere between 19.99 and 20.01 per kit..... shipped.

(We didn't do the steering bearings because they don't provide any benefit. They actually hamper performance because most guys forget about them and they take a beating. HOWEVER; we can get them for you no problem if you'd like to add them to the kit.

Last edited by Racecrafter; 09-30-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Planing on getting the jammin shortly, the kit comes assembled correct?.also do the diff and shocks come fill with oil? last question does the kit include the white springs?

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Elies12
Planing on getting the jammin shortly, the kit comes assembled correct?.also do the diff and shocks come fill with oil? last question does the kit include the white springs?

Thanks for the help.
The answers to your questions are Yes...Yes...Yes...Yes...

I would plan to check fluids. Some of the kits have had leaks. Mine was fine and drove it for a Month with stocl oils. I changed the setting of all shocks and diffs from stock so.....
Old 09-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

one last question. will the stock motor mount work with a 550 motor? or do you have to change mounts
Old 09-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Stock motor mount works fine with a 550. No worries.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Elies12

Thanks for the help.
My advise is to disassemble everything. Of all of them we have built for customers many of them have had an issue here or there.

Things like incorrect bushings in the suspension, empty diffs, empty shocks, incorrectly assembled diffs, double shock pistons.....:nod just to name a few.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

My advise is to disassemble everything. Of all of them we have built for customers many of them have had an issue here or there.

Things like incorrect bushings in the suspension, empty diffs, empty shocks, incorrectly assembled diffs, double shock pistons.....:nod just to name a few.

Just built mine last week and yes it came with white springs. The center diff was leaking and I had to lap it to get it to seal. While I was at it I went into the other two diffs to check things out and they were VERY low on fluid. Like maybe they just waved them over a barrel of fluid . No biggie, I planned on changing out the fluids anyway.

I haven't opened up the shocks yet because I dont have the fluid I plan on using yet but I will probably get into that tomorrow.

Pay special attention to the bolts that go through the bottoms of the c hubs and into the steering blocks up front. I didn't loctite them at the track because it appeared the bolts thread into plastic....they dont. There iss a metal socket in there. Aggressivly loctite these bolts for sure.

I moved from a Slash 4x4 which I had been running for a while and I feel that I had the setup absolutely dialed for the track I'm running on. 1/8 tires, powerstroke shocks, all the Platinum parts and a setup months in the making.

I was faster with the SCRT after only a few laps (stocck except for tires and wheels). There is just no way to make the slash drive like somthing based on a buggy chassis. It's like hatchet vs scalpel.

Dont get me wrong, In no way am I bashing the Slash 4x4. The Slash was really good for what it is, easy to work on, fast out of the box, tough as nails and waterproof to boot.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Track Star & ShortCourseHQ bring exciting news:

FINALLY.. a bearing kit for the SCRT10!

Metal shielded one side with rubber seal on the other these ABEC 5 bearings are great replacement bearing for any situation for the SCRT10.

All kits will include:

6) 10x15 & 12) 5x11 bearings

Cost is somewhere between 19.99 and 20.01 per kit..... shipped.

(We didn't do the steering bearings because they don't provide any benefit. They actually hamper performance because most guys forget about them and they take a beating. HOWEVER; we can get them for you no problem if you'd like to add them to the kit.

Alright "y'all" we've got confirmation that our bearings are on their way!

I have put the Jammin kits on our website for the low price of $? (you will need to check the link as we are not allowed to put prices on the forums)

This price will be good on orders that are placed right up until they arrive. Once they arrive we have to separate our order and then we will be doing an inspection on each and every bearing. (Something no other bearing provider does!) Package them and ship them directly to you.

http://trackstarrc.com/trackstar/ind...mart&Itemid=64
Old 10-01-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Alright "y'all" we've got confirmation that our bearings are on their way!

I have put the Jammin kits on our website for the low price of $? (you will need to check the link as we are not allowed to put prices on the forums)

This price will be good on orders that are placed right up until they arrive. Once they arrive we have to separate our order and then we will be doing an inspection on each and every bearing. (Something no other bearing provider does!) Package them and ship them directly to you.

http://trackstarrc.com/trackstar/ind...mart&Itemid=64
You, Chris, and Pres have wayyyy too much time on your hands. Excellent service, as always!
Old 10-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cyberacer
You, Chris, and Pres have wayyyy too much time on your hands. Excellent service, as always!
We do our best.

Bearings are here!!

Much quicker than we thought so we are going to leave the "pre-sale" price up over the weekend to give you guys more time to get them at a great price. Monday they will go back up to their "normal" price.

Pics up now too!

http://trackstarrc.com/trackstar/ind...product_id=349
Old 10-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I just ordered a set of the bearings....Track Star sells quality stuff !!!
Old 10-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

Anything on the new Jammin body
Old 10-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Chad ran a prototype new Jammin body last weekend at the Ko Pro Po Offroad Championships...It looked great and much wider...
Old 10-02-2010, 03:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chad bradley
Looks awesome Chad! Any idea when these will be available?
Old 10-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
anyone strip a bulkhead before when crash? my front bulkhead strip twice because the lower suspension holder gave way as its not screw & nut like the 1/8 cars.

any advise?
I had same problems. I hit a pole and lower suspension holder was bent and pulled the lower arm and shock apart, nothing broken. After that, every time I hit something or do a wrong landing, the problem happened again right in the same spot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.