SC10 Thread

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:33 PM
  #31  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 481
Default

Nice step-by-step tutorial and build run-through JD.


I got mine today finally, but it was a a weird situation.

My wife had to sign for the package early this afternoon, but there was visible crushing to the box and she thought part of the shipment was lost so the UPS driver had her fill out a form.
But after inspecting it when I got home from the office there was nothing missing (one complete SC10 kit) but the shipping box was strangely oversize for the single kit. About a half-hour after I got home the doorbell rang and it was the UPS driver holding a crushed SC10 box under one arm, with his clipboard in the other ~ "Here's what was missing out of the box, it must have fell out when they were loading my truck and got mixed in with the other packages. Hope I don't get blamed for this."
I told him that I'd handle it, and took the package from the startled driver who shrugged and headed back down the driveway whistling as he went.
On first inspection of the second kit the only thing wrong was the body was pretty mangled.

I'm going to spend the evening stripping off the FT parts from my T4 and cleaning them for use on the SC10, and then start on my own build tomorrow after work.
Build looks like pretty straight-forward T4 for the most part, so maybe I'll work on the paint first so it has an extra day to cure.
Lightin' is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 07:37 PM
  #32  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Posts: 3,405
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Lightin' View Post
Nice step-by-step tutorial and build run-through JD.


I got mine today finally, but it was a a weird situation.

My wife had to sign for the package early this afternoon, but there was visible crushing to the box and she thought part of the shipment was lost so the UPS driver had her fill out a form.
But after inspecting it when I got home from the office there was nothing missing (one complete SC10 kit) but the shipping box was strangely oversize for the single kit. About a half-hour after I got home the doorbell rang and it was the UPS driver holding a crushed SC10 box under one arm, with his clipboard in the other ~ "Here's what was missing out of the box, it must have fell out when they were loading my truck and got mixed in with the other packages. Hope I don't get blamed for this."
I told him that I'd handle it, and took the package from the startled driver who shrugged and headed back down the driveway whistling as he went.

On first inspection of the second kit the only thing wrong was the body was pretty mangled.
You got a PM dude!!!
2wdMod is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 07:44 PM
  #33  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Crawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: I'm an A**HOLE!
Posts: 1,828
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Lightin' View Post
Nice step-by-step tutorial and build run-through JD.


I got mine today finally, but it was a a weird situation.

My wife had to sign for the package early this afternoon, but there was visible crushing to the box and she thought part of the shipment was lost so the UPS driver had her fill out a form.
But after inspecting it when I got home from the office there was nothing missing (one complete SC10 kit) but the shipping box was strangely oversize for the single kit. About a half-hour after I got home the doorbell rang and it was the UPS driver holding a crushed SC10 box under one arm, with his clipboard in the other ~ "Here's what was missing out of the box, it must have fell out when they were loading my truck and got mixed in with the other packages. Hope I don't get blamed for this."
I told him that I'd handle it, and took the package from the startled driver who shrugged and headed back down the driveway whistling as he went.
On first inspection of the second kit the only thing wrong was the body was pretty mangled.

I'm going to spend the evening stripping off the FT parts from my T4 and cleaning them for use on the SC10, and then start on my own build tomorrow after work.
Build looks like pretty straight-forward T4 for the most part, so maybe I'll work on the paint first so it has an extra day to cure.
So you received 2 kits?
Crawler is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 07:45 PM
  #34  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (32)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 956
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default SC10 Vs Slash Chassis Pics

Several asked for an image of the Traxxas Vs SC10 Chassis. Here you go..
Attached Thumbnails SC10 Thread-sc10-chassis-vs-slash-chassis.jpg   SC10 Thread-sc10-chassis-vs-slash-chassis-top.jpg  
JDCrow is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 07:49 PM
  #35  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (32)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 956
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default SC10 Vs Slash Vs JConcepts Truth Bodies

Here are some body comparisons. I blocked up the bodies to be close to each other with respect to the Trim Lines.

SC10 Vs JConcepts Truth
SC10 Vs Traxxas Slash
Attached Thumbnails SC10 Thread-sc10-vs-jconcepts-truth.jpg   SC10 Thread-sc10-vs-jconcepts-truth-front.jpg   SC10 Thread-sc10-vs-traxxas-slash-body.jpg   SC10 Thread-sc10-vs-traxxas-slash-body-front.jpg  
JDCrow is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 07:53 PM
  #36  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (45)
 
Cameron Kellogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 5,764
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JDCrow View Post
More pics since the limit is 5 per post

Your rear arms are on upside down and on the wrong side.
Cameron Kellogg is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 08:16 PM
  #37  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
ckaspar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 773
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JDCrow View Post
KO Servo
Tekin RSPro Speedo
Tekin Redline 17.5
Futaba FASST Radio System
Orion LiPo

So basically a stock setup. Right on! Thanks.
ckaspar is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 08:19 PM
  #38  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
ckaspar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 773
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Whoops! Forgot to ask what FT parts will work with the SC10. If you know/could tell.

So Far I got:
Servo Saver Nut
Titanium Turnbuckles
Bearings for the steering rack(The same as the FT kit I imagine)

Anything else?

Shocks?
ckaspar is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 08:22 PM
  #39  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (32)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 956
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg View Post
Your rear arms are on upside down and on the wrong side.
You are correct. I realized that after I ate dinner, and forgot to take a new pic.
JDCrow is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 08:29 PM
  #40  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 481
Default

Originally Posted by ckaspar View Post
Whoops! Forgot to ask what FT parts will work with the SC10. If you know/could tell.

So Far I got:
Servo Saver Nut
Titanium Turnbuckles
Bearings for the steering rack(The same as the FT kit I imagine)

Anything else?

Shocks?
Lots of goodies
T4 FT list = http://67.199.85.166/main/maincatego...4x&brand=facto
Lightin' is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 08:45 PM
  #41  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (32)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 956
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ckaspar View Post
Whoops! Forgot to ask what FT parts will work with the SC10. If you know/could tell.

So Far I got:
Servo Saver Nut
Titanium Turnbuckles
Bearings for the steering rack(The same as the FT kit I imagine)

Anything else?

Shocks?
Shocks
#1779 Blue Alum Servo Mounts
#3971 Steering Rack Bearings (4)
#1283 FT Turnbuckle Set for T4
FT Milled Motor Plate (blue #1770 or black #1778)
#9610B Servo Saver Bolt
#9665 FT B4/T4 Blue Hinge Pin Plate


Then if you want:
#9635 B4/T4 Sway Bar Kit
#6937 4-40 FT Blue Lock Nuts
#6943 8-32 FT Blue Lock Nuts
#7447 T4 Carbon Arms Front
#7448 T4 Carbon Arms Rear
#7922 GT2 30 Degree Caster Block
#9592 B4/T4 20 Degree Caster Block
#9577 B4/T4 Steering Block Inline (requires #9623)
#9623 FT B4 Front Inline Axle
Any of the Carbon FT T4 Arms Front or Rear
#9567 FT B4/T4 Carbon Top Plate

Not sure on the CVD's yet. Manual list T4/GT2 Dogbones, but I am guessing the appropriate CVD length may depend on if your using the Ball Diff or Gear Diff, since the Transmission case is different for each. Kurt or Rick may be able to speak to that.
JDCrow is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 08:46 PM
  #42  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 53
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Lightin', where did you order yours from?
Jake O is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 08:54 PM
  #43  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (12)
 
jimcoracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: SoCal...OCRC local
Posts: 118
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ckaspar View Post
Whoops! Forgot to ask what FT parts will work with the SC10. If you know/could tell.

So Far I got:
Servo Saver Nut
Titanium Turnbuckles
Bearings for the steering rack(The same as the FT kit I imagine)

Anything else?

Shocks?
What about CVD's...the kit comes with dog bones.
jimcoracer is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 08:56 PM
  #44  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
ckaspar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 773
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JDCrow View Post
Shocks
#1779 Blue Alum Servo Mounts
#3971 Steering Rack Bearings (4)
#1283 FT Turnbuckle Set for T4
FT Milled Motor Plate (blue #1770 or black #1778)
#9610B Servo Saver Bolt
#9665 FT B4/T4 Blue Hinge Pin Plate


Then if you want:
#9635 B4/T4 Sway Bar Kit
#6937 4-40 FT Blue Lock Nuts
#6943 8-32 FT Blue Lock Nuts
#7447 T4 Carbon Arms Front
#7448 T4 Carbon Arms Rear
#7922 GT2 30 Degree Caster Block
#9592 B4/T4 20 Degree Caster Block
#9577 B4/T4 Steering Block Inline (requires #9623)
#9623 FT B4 Front Inline Axle
Any of the Carbon FT T4 Arms Front or Rear
#9567 FT B4/T4 Carbon Top Plate

Not sure on the CVD's yet. Manual list T4/GT2 Dogbones, but I am guessing the appropriate CVD length may depend on if your using the Ball Diff or Gear Diff, since the Transmission case is different for each. Kurt or Rick may be able to speak to that.
Thanks! So basically all of the T4 parts then.

Now if I can just get one. I am told that my local Hobby People should have some on Friday so I will have to call them and see. They are offering it for like $179 so... We'll see
ckaspar is offline  
Old 04-01-2009, 08:56 PM
  #45  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (32)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 956
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Lightin' View Post
You dont need the HD Servo Saver Spring. Its already in the kit.

Front Shock Tower on the SC10 is slightly different to account for mounting the Front Body Mount.

The Carbon Battery Strap cant be used on the SC10.

The Light Weight Outdrive set is for the Ball Diff.

Other than obviously the Chassis, knock yourself out.
JDCrow is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service