Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SC10 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah I think were going to need some new tires. Those are funny rims.

While assembling mine last night I had problems with clearance in the steering when it was put on the truck. I checked it like 3 times to see if I had any pieces turned around and could find no assembly errors. I then got out the dremmel and trimmed it a bit and now the steering works smooth.

I got the chassis together for the most part. Tonight when I go to the track I am going to finish up the truck and just run a slash body on the SC10 because my painting is not even started yet.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

OK got mine yesterday and it's my first Associated in over 20 years, 0G RC10.

Did the Hobby People deal at $174.99 minus the $20.00 off coupon on line, printed it out and picked it up at the store.
$168.00 out the door.

Who's got a dialed setup, gonna be hittin OCRC Friday nite.
So who's been there done that.

Rick, got some tips on setup for over there?

Last edited by F N CUDA; 04-08-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA

They have posted a complete setup sheet for OCRC here somewhere and I believe on the AE site as well.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Picked one up too, A-main/Hometown Hobbies in Portland, Tim had 10.

Had 2 issues w/ the build last night. The steering clearance mentioned above, and an outdrive that required being squished down slightly to get through the bearing.

Does anyone else's diffs feel slightly "chunky"? Maybe it needs to be broken it a bit. Also my Orion packs will require the battery strap dremelling also mentioned above.

Building the shocks tonight (I hate AE shocks), and a slash body retrofit while I decide how to paint it.

Going to be fun!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Tech Initiate

going to stars the diff build tonight. I was wondering if anyone have used diff fluid inluee of the blsck greese. if so what weight?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
They have posted a complete setup sheet for OCRC here somewhere and I believe on the AE site as well.
Thanks, got it.
Here it is again just cuz
http://67.199.85.166/racing/setups/s..._ocrc_2009.pdf
Old 04-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by w-fly
Picked one up too, A-main/Hometown Hobbies in Portland, Tim had 10.

Had 2 issues w/ the build last night. The steering clearance mentioned above, and an outdrive that required being squished down slightly to get through the bearing.

Does anyone else's diffs feel slightly "chunky"? Maybe it needs to be broken it a bit. Also my Orion packs will require the battery strap dremelling also mentioned above.

Building the shocks tonight (I hate AE shocks), and a slash body retrofit while I decide how to paint it.

Going to be fun!
I'm about 3/4s of the way done with my build. I ran into the steering clearance issue too. I backed off a couple screws just a tad and it clears now. The diff also feels chunky to me, but it's probably just not broken in.

Does anyone else's steering just feel a bit tight ? My whole steering setup doesn't swing as freely as my T4 and I was just wondering if that's because it hasn't been broken in yet.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Hot rods got five in yesterday and I got the last one.

Two other guys were building SC10s at the track and both had clearance issues with the steering? I did not.

I did however run into an interesting problem in the diff. Both spider gear shafts were not machined in the center? only one. I was looking at it and pulling it apart and looking? I finally figured out it just wasn't going to work unless both shafts were machined in half at the intersection so out came the dremel and bam it went togeather.

anyone else have this issue? the direction spec 2 of the same shaft so Im guessing I got the one fell on the floor and missed a machining operation.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah on the steering thing I tried taking mine all the way back apart, flipping parts, looking again, walked away then came back to look at it again with no luck. My steering is pretty smooth and not sloppy and my high torque/speed servo will handle it just fine now after the grinding I have done.

My diff also felt a bit grainy I did use liberal amounts of grease on all parts in the diff as instructed.

Time will tell.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TXGSXR1K
going to stars the diff build tonight. I was wondering if anyone have used diff fluid inluee of the blsck greese. if so what weight?
Somewhere else I saw Kurt say they were using 20-40wt shock fluid.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F N CUDA

Did the Hobby People deal at $174.99 minus the $20.00 off coupon on line, printed it out and picked it up at the store.
$168.00 out the door.

I'd say the main thing is to run stiffer foam in the stock tires. I ran AKA medium and the car was hooked up with a 17.5 and probably could handle the 13.5 that I could not hook up with the standard foam.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Default STEERING CLEARANCE PROBLEMS

I've built about 3 SC10s and not seen a problem with the steering clearance. I need some help here to see what the problem is.

If you live in SoCal and have had a steering problem, please contact me via PM and I would like to get those parts from your kit that you had a problem with. I'll trade you out for new ones which should arrive in a day.

If anyone can send me pics of their steering clearance problem it will help a lot. PM and I'll give you my email.

On my truck, I am still running black grease in the diff... and yes it will break in after you run it and the gears get polished/smooth.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

If you have a bullet style battery pack, you can run it with the plugs in front and there is clearance in the design. See pics from your kit box.

We will consider some changes to run the bullet plugs in the rear, but nothing in the works so far.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I'd say the main thing is to run stiffer foam in the stock tires. I ran AKA medium and the car was hooked up with a 17.5 and probably could handle the 13.5 that I could not hook up with the standard foam.
Just to clarify, is it the 34001M 1/8 buggy mediums, like these?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWWA3&P=7
Old 04-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by reenmachine
Just to clarify, is it the 34001M 1/8 buggy mediums, like these?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWWA3&P=7
yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.