Wiki Posts
Search

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rkhess
took 2nd place yesterday against some stiff competition car was good ...xray springs fit on the 17's to give more tuning options
the question is where do the Ho Bao mesh in with xray springs? I was told that silver was stiffer than gray and this weekend I ran the gray/blue and I can't tell if they are stiffer than the Ho Bao grays?
Old 07-19-2010, 09:57 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kman16jr
The hyper already comes prebuilt unlike the rc8e so you have to build it(I like building)it accelerates faster and smoother because the diff is moved to the back sending power to one side at a time so it eases into the throttle,It's lighter,and best part of all IT CAN'T BE TURNED BACK TO NITRO BECAUSE IT WAS MADE TO EXCEL WITH E-POWER.The rc8e handles nice but breaks too easily,heavier,not as agile or nimble,taller gear ratio's in the diffs make it accelerate slower,and harder to work on.To sum it up buy the hyper 9e and use the new castle 1800kv motor with a mamba monster esc on 4s lipo and prepare to dominate.
1800kv that motor is huge have you try it yet? I had it now for a long time brand new in the box but I thought it was for a truggy.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by balistic
the question is where do the Ho Bao mesh in with xray springs? I was told that silver was stiffer than gray and this weekend I ran the gray/blue and I can't tell if they are stiffer than the Ho Bao grays?
i think they are close hobao grays to xray gray blues that is...dont know for sure ...but i do know less coils eqauls faster/smoother response in 2 identical rated springs

now if ghea would make some pistons for the 9 ...nothing wrong with stockers just like to tinker on set-ups
Old 07-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The hyper already comes prebuilt unlike the rc8e so you have to build it(I like building)it accelerates faster and smoother because the diff is moved to the back sending power to one side at a time so it eases into the throttle,It's lighter,and best part of all IT CAN'T BE TURNED BACK TO NITRO BECAUSE IT WAS MADE TO EXCEL WITH E-POWER.The rc8e handles nice but breaks too easily,heavier,not as agile or nimble,taller gear ratio's in the diffs make it accelerate slower,and harder to work on.To sum it up buy the hyper 9e and use the new castle 1800kv motor with a mamba monster esc on 4s lipo and prepare to dominate.

This has nothing to do with acceleration. If Ofna was smart, they would have gone to a 4.3:1 ratio in the 9E and they would have fixed some of the gearing issues.

With the same equipment onboard, my 9E and RC8E weigh the same. My Losi is a tank.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

what gearing issues ?
Old 07-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rkhess
what gearing issues ?
Yeah my 9 has spank comming out of a corner.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by intense82
I think the RX8 fan is mounted on the wrong way: the label must be down, under the fan.
+1
Old 07-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kufman
With the same equipment onboard, my 9E and RC8E weigh the same. My Losi is a tank.
Not a fair comparison. Your RC8E has composite shocks and other stuff that the Losi doesnt.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default carbon fiber shaft just broke.

Originally Posted by snrscion
1800kv that motor is huge have you try it yet? I had it now for a long time brand new in the box but I thought it was for a truggy.
I have already tried it and works awesome,Smoother than my 2200kv and get longer runtime by 2-4 minutes determining how you drive.Runs around 143-151 but never climbs above that because i have the car geared 16,40.Here are some pics of the shaft.

Last edited by kman16jr; 06-20-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jube
Not a fair comparison. Your RC8E has composite shocks and other stuff that the Losi doesnt.
My RC8 is a converted Team car so it has metal shocks.

what gearing issues ?
In order to correctly gear my Tekin 2050 I had to grind a divot in the side of the motor for the diff cup. Had the internal ratio been 4.3 or had the spur been bigger, I could have used a bigger pinion. I have since corrected the problem by retrofitting a Losi 43t plastic spur. I should mention that we run 15 minute mains so I probably need to gear slower than most people for run time and temperature reasons.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default same here

I had to grind 2 fins off the motor to run a 16t pinion on the stock 40t spur.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

I had to grind 2 fins off the motor to run a 16t pinion on the stock 40t spur.
To get the correct gearing, I needed to run a 13 pinion on the stock 40 spur. Works fine with 36mm motors, not so good with 42mm motors. Now I can run 43/14 and there is more clearance for the same ratio.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

not trying to me a smartarse but thats a clearance issue not a gearing issue .....car was designed for a 36mm motor not a 42mm ...i also run a tekin 1900 combo 14t pinion is tight but 15t works great dont need all that timing anyway temps 150 12min main

2050 should be fine with stock gearing 14t pinion and timing not cranked all the way up ?
Old 07-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well ordered a 1400kv Tekin. So going 6s + 1400kv + MMM for now. Next on the list is a MMP.

Could not stand the wait of 8-10weeks for a motor from Neu.

Does the Elite-RC mount eliminate the issues people are having with fitting spurs and pinons?
Old 07-20-2010, 01:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shano83
Hey guys I just installed my returned tekin rx8 esc in my buggy and decided to do abit of wire neatness stuff.
What i used was a piece of straight wire, an eletrical eyelet thing (shaped like a circle with an area to crimp wire on to) and heatshrink.

All i did was flare out wide enough the electrical eyelet where you crimp wire into it so you can crimp with pliers the wire rod in it, then i soldered the wire rod to the eyelet so it wont come out and then added heatshrink to the wire rod so nothing shorts. Then all you need to do after is find a location to place the rod with eyelet on it undo the screw and screw the rod to the chassi and bend the rod to what ever shape and etc as desired.

Here are some pics
Nice detail shano. your Hyper 9e looks sweet. I'm glad your carbon fiber chassis has improved the performance of your buggy. and it looks awesome.
I was just talking to a Pro sponsored racer today and showing him my buggy. I told him my carbon fiber chassis was almost half the weight of the stock aluminum chassis, and also has more flex than the aluminum chassis. His Jaw dropped and he grabbed my buggy from me and said, " Lighter and More Flex". It was awesome to see that kind of response from a pro racer. Unfortunately for the Pro's that have full sponsorships, They can only run the equipment they're sponsores say they can run. At least that's my understanding of how it works. It's what I've been told in the past about being fully sponsored.

+1, should be getting them when i order the carbon fiber chassis from matrix concepts.
This Matrix Chassis is awesome kman. You're going to love it :-)

I have already tried it and works awesome,Smoother than my 2200kv and get longer runtime by 2-4 minutes determining how you drive.Runs around 143-151 but never climbs above that because i have the car geared 16,40.Here are some pics of the shaft.
I can't believe you broke the custom made carbon fiber shaft. Erik will want to know this broke. you should email or call him as soon as you can. This means Erik will have to design these carbon fiber shafts even stronger. I see it broke where the Stock Aluminum Shaft(donor part)connects to the carbon fiber cylinder. I understand Erik to use Epoxy and a Pin driven through both, binding them together. It's incredible you broke this shaft. I believe snrscion's is still going strong. But snrscion didn't pin his. only JB Weld and a Screw connecting the two parts(Universal to Carbon fiber Cyliner), If I recal the pictures correctly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.