Search

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X1295...er-9e-119.html

"Can also be used on Hyper 9e with modifications."

are the mods just drilling holes in the chassis? or do they need to be cut down?
Old 07-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Matrix 9e Pro. Improves every aspect of track performance.

Originally Posted by kufman
Mindthoughts: How did you get the losi spur in there? I tried on the stock kit and it made the diff too long to fit between the bulkheads and the front drive cup didn't work?
It's not a direct fit. My only cutting tools are a dremel and small file set, and I cut and trimmed both sides of the center metal part of the losi 43 tooth plastic spur gear, and then shimmed it on both sides as well. I basically took a little metal off, fit it, took more off, fit it again. I kept doing this until it fit perfect. I will eventually take the center diff apart and take pictures for you and anyone that would like to make this modification. It wasn't that hard at all. quite easy really.

Originally Posted by Cain
question on the chassis kit: Can you get it with pre-drilled holes to mount the tekno mudguards?
The Matrix 9e Pro kit comes with mudguards. I do not have pictures yet because Robert is working on them right now.

Originally Posted by kman16jr
I would put the mudguards on if i was good at chassis drilling but i might just switch to the carbonfiber chassis right away so i can use mudguards because the things that bothers me on the hyper 9 is that the body fit's so lose,Not snug like i or other people want.
no need to drill if you're buying the Matrix 9e Pro Kit. It comes with Mudguards and the proper holes already in place.

Originally Posted by Dtm1
mindthoughts, I'm assuming you've already ran the car with all the carbon goodies since you said "The performance improvement is absolutely awesome." What did it do better than the stock, out of the box hyper 9e? Thanks
I posted a you tube video link of the buggy running all the goodies. it's a few post back. The first thing I noticed is the buggy feels much lighter on the track. It corners faster, Jumps better, accelerates and decelerates quicker, it's more reponsive in every aspect/section of the track. It takes the woops section much quicker as well. The buggy has lost about 1/2 pound, that kind of weight reduction alone makes for a super agile buggy, especially when the buggy already handles great, stock. The chassis has more flex than the stock chassis, this helps keep the lighter buggy grounded for better traction, Yet because the buggy is so much lighter, I can clear larger jumps with less speed. It's really something that has to be experienced. I highly recumend this kit upgrade to anyone that wants to trick out, and improve the performance and look of their Hyper 9e four wheel drive buggy.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hyper 9e. Sold out Almost Everywhere. Sales are Good :-)

Originally Posted by kman16jr
I don't think much people even know about the hyper 9e because they here to much about the losi 8ight-e.For instance in my club there is 1 ve8,1 hyper 9e(mine),7 losi 8ight-e's,and 1 vorza.The losi is heard of more.

kman, when I was at the track last Monday(West Coast RC Raceway) I saw more Hyper 9e buggies then I've ever seen before in one place. I saw a few of each other model, but the buggy most people had is a Hyper 9e. There must have been well over 13 Hyper 9e buggies there on a practice day. It seems the Hyper 9e is one of the most popular buggies available, or not available right now. When I asked nitro house why they were out of stock of the Hyper 9e, they said they had just stocked up and sold out again. I think it has allot to do with what track you run at. Anyone I asked at West Coast said the Hyper 9e is the buggy to have. At other tracks, some people like other models. The Losi 8ight-E has always been a popular 1/8th scale buggy, but that buggy in no way compares to the Hyper 9e, in my experience. The stock Hyper 9e compared to a stock Losi 8ight-E, the Hyper 9e is much more agile on the track. And much easier to work on and parts cost much less as well. Those are all factors that make the Hyper 9e a very popular model. But again, opinion varies from track to track. But what really matters is that each of us own what we're happy with. And the Hyper 9e is by far my favorite buggy made to date.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default buggies

I meant down here in florida i hardly see any hyper 9e's here except mine and my buddies.Down there they must be really popular.I wish there was 15 hypers at my track instead of racing heavy losi 8ight-e's.Hyper 9e's are the best e-buggies to hit the market,I don't care anyone says about them.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

need some info:

- What are the common springs front and rear being used now (Blues, whites, etc)
- Common diff oil weights?
- Other than the Hyper 8.5 a-arm mod, as well as the answer rc rear brace, what are other things guys are putting on for durability

what are the ratios to use on that script asylum speed calculator?
Old 07-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Default cain

It sounds like you want another hyper 9e,Is this what i,m understanding???
Old 07-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

something like that ...
Old 07-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Default Alright

If you do something like thatWhich system and what products will you put in it?
Old 07-17-2010, 11:51 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)
Default Rc Pro Australian Winter Indoor Championship

Hey guys just finished up racing today at my local.We had our first rcpro event and it was great we had 28 entrants in total.I placed 15th out of 28.
We had some Hobao sponsored drivers enter as well like Ashleigh Frensham, Andrew Foord and Josh Pain.
It was an excellent 2 days of racing on the new local setup at our track.

Well done to tail gator for finishing int he top 10
i
Old 07-18-2010, 12:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Matrix 9E Pro. Hyper 9e Complete Carbon Fiber Performance Upgrade. I love it :-)

Originally Posted by shano83
Hey guys just finished up racing today at my local.We had our first rcpro event and it was great we had 28 entrants in total.I placed 15th out of 28.
We had some Hobao sponsored drivers enter as well like Ashleigh Frensham, Andrew Foord and Josh Pain.

i
Congratulations shano,
well done. sounds like you had a blast.

Remember when we wrote Robert at Matrix Concepts Inc asking if he would please make us a totally awesome carbon fiber chassis?

I posted up some pictures, check them out. it's insane quality shano, and super light and strong as well. I ran the Hyper 9e at West Coast RC Raceway with all the carbon fiber and it's awesome. Here is my You Tube Video of some of my run time with the Full Matrix 9E Upgrade. Now you need another Hyper 9e and you'll have two carbon fiber Rides.

You Tube Video of Matrix 9E Pro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um6kVoXAJ1U
Old 07-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Tech Initiate

i
congrats to you too shano, couldnt finished 9th without you champ, cheers for the parts had a great weekend, hope everything else has worked out ok for ya, figured out a few more things before i left and the car feels faster, im gonna catch ash, its my goal lol, something else to think about i came 1st out of the local privateers and i believe you finished 3rd thats a fine effort, well done buddy
Old 07-18-2010, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by tail gator
congrats to you too shano, couldnt finished 9th without you champ, cheers for the parts had a great weekend, hope everything else has worked out ok for ya, figured out a few more things before i left and the car feels faster, im gonna catch ash, its my goal lol, something else to think about i came 1st out of the local privateers and i believe you finished 3rd thats a fine effort, well done buddy
Sweet champ that just put an even bigger smile on my face!!!
check ya pm's
Old 07-18-2010, 02:09 AM

i
Here is the link to the video
Old 07-18-2010, 02:13 AM

Now you need another Hyper 9e and you'll have two carbon fiber Rides.

You Tube Video of Matrix 9E Pro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um6kVoXAJ1U[/QUOTE]

Yo Mind I already have (HAD) 2 9e's.Tail Gator used it for spare parts
Hmmm im such a helpful and generous bloke.But i know if i need anything and he can help im sure he will
Old 07-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default which motor / esc?

Got my 9e coming and planning on Matrix'ing my car. As well as doing other lightening mods. But my challenge has been what motor/esc to pick up for this new lightweight machine.

I have the following motors / esc combos:
-MMM/2650kv
-MMM/2200kv
-Orion Vortex8/2050kv

I got some 2s lipos that I run as 4s and ready to order some turnigy batteries.

I want to make my 9e lighter so I know my current combos are not the lightest set-ups. I think a new combo will help me get my car lighter. Here are the three combos I am thinking of:

-Tekin 1400kv with a MMM and 2200mah 6s
-Tekin 1400kv with a MMP and 2200mah 6s
-550 canned SC truck combo (figured the buggy would be so light)

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.