Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 02:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Center Drive Shaft Modification. Update-Status-Performance.

Originally Posted by ambo
Just finished rebuilding my Hyper9E and will be doing the front CVD mod and top chassis brace in a day or to. Here are some pix. (sorry for the dirty work mat...)

ambo,
have you have time to test your cvd/universal center drive shaft modification?

if so, how did the mod come out? and how does the buggy drive? smoother? quieter? is the part holding up?

will you please post a few pictures of your center drive shaft modification. Thank you.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default How much does your Hyper 9e weigh with your new chassis? Light as a feather?

shano,
I don't know how much your Hyper 9e weighs, it's much lighter than it was, I know that for sure. That carbon fiber chassis feels like holding a feather in my hands. it's as if it doesn't weigh anything. Have you weighed your Hyper 9e with the new chassis?

Thank you for the link to the wing mount. I didn't know the Hyper 9 nitro buggy wing mount fit on the Hyper 9e. I thought the entire back of the buggy was different, or at least the placement of the holes for the wing mount. thank you for the link.

I really don't know when my buggy will be up again. I'm looking for a complete set of aluminum drive shafts and I'm considering buying all Titanium screws to put the entire buggy together. and see which screws brake, and replace those with stainless steel, and then if those brake I'll replace only those that brake with the hard steel black screws.

Although it would be frustrating to have an essential screw brake in the middle of a race.

PS. Thank you for the tips and tricks on how you put your chassis protector on. I bought the associated chassis protector as well, and I wasn't sure how I was going to get all those holes for the screws in place. I like the way you did it. simple and direct. I also picked up a set of De Racing skid plates and also T-Bone bumpers. The bumpers are for practice time, in case I have an accident. Though I would rather run the chassis sticker alone so that I don't interfere with the clearence under the chassis.

Originally Posted by shano83
The wing mount i picked up from my lhs but here is a link to one online http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=20221

Hey mind what do yoy think of my weight of the car??
And champ when are we going to see your new chassi setup

I also have used a chassi protector from associated and its nice and thick but only thing is its a pain in the ass to do the holes.
I found the best way to do the holes was to peirce the whole with a knife then thread the screw in, mine came up nice this way!
Old 07-02-2010, 03:20 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

The weight of my chassi are as follows
Chassi (carbonfibre) without electrics,wheels,shell,lipos = 2200grams
chassi (CF) with everything ( race ready) = 3800grams

Originally Posted by MindThoughts
shano,
I don't know how much your Hyper 9e weighs, it's much lighter than it was, I know that for sure. That carbon fiber chassis feels like holding a feather in my hands. it's as if it doesn't weigh anything. Have you weighed your Hyper 9e with the new chassis?

Thank you for the link to the wing mount. I didn't know the Hyper 9 nitro buggy wing mount fit on the Hyper 9e. I thought the entire back of the buggy was different, or at least the placement of the holes for the wing mount. thank you for the link.

I really don't know when my buggy will be up again. I'm looking for a complete set of aluminum drive shafts and I'm considering buying all Titanium screws to put the entire buggy together. and see which screws brake, and replace those with stainless steel, and then if those brake I'll replace only those that brake with the hard steel black screws.

Although it would be frustrating to have an essential screw brake in the middle of a race.

PS. Thank you for the tips and tricks on how you put your chassis protector on. I bought the associated chassis protector as well, and I wasn't sure how I was going to get all those holes for the screws in place. I like the way you did it. simple and direct. I also picked up a set of De Racing skid plates and also T-Bone bumpers. The bumpers are for practice time, in case I have an accident. Though I would rather run the chassis sticker alone so that I don't interfere with the clearence under the chassis.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Performance of the MoosRacing Carbon Fiber Chassis.

With the weight reduction, the Hyper 9e will definitely have a different feel to it on the track. Please let us know what your experience is.

PS. It would be interesting if you had a chance to weigh the chassis before you put your buggy together. The weight difference. I don't recal if you were running side guards before with your metal chassis. If you were, you could weigh both chassis with side guards and see the difference. Also include the metal radio tray in the metal chassis and the carbon fiber radio tray in the carbon fiber chassis, for an overall weight comparison. If you have a chance to do that, it would be interesting to see the gap. it would probably be significant. I don't have a scale yet. I'm looking into ordering one online.

Congratulation on your diet, You've succesfully lost weight. Yahooo.

PS. if you have time to do this weight comparison, and you were not running side guards, and or do not have side guards for your metal chassis, be sure to take off the carbon fiber side guards so that you can compare part to part, carbon fiber to metal direct weight comparison. or you could just weigh each part separetly. It's up to you shano, after all; your buggy is all together and ready to go. and that has to be a great feeling. Are you still waiting for those lipo's? do you have any batteries you can run your buggy now with?

The weight of my chassi are as follows
Chassi (carbonfibre) without electrics,wheels,shell,lipos = 2200grams
chassi (CF) with everything ( race ready) = 3800grams
Old 07-02-2010, 04:14 AM

Ill weigh my mates 9e tomorrow cause he runs same everything as me (besides cf chassi) and ill post the weight diff tomorrow.
Nah i never recieved my batteries i just counted my loss and went else where but I got batteries now!!! ill be testing next weekend as its my sons birthday sunday and i gotta work saturday.

With the weight reduction, the Hyper 9e will definitely have a different feel to it on the track. Please let us know what your experience is.

PS. It would be interesting if you had a chance to weigh the chassis before you put your buggy together. The weight difference. I don't recal if you were running side guards before with your metal chassis. If you were, you could weigh both chassis with side guards and see the difference. Also include the metal radio tray in the metal chassis and the carbon fiber radio tray in the carbon fiber chassis, for an overall weight comparison. If you have a chance to do that, it would be interesting to see the gap. it would probably be significant. I don't have a scale yet. I'm looking into ordering one online.

PS. if you have time to do this weight comparison, and you were not running side guards, and or do not have side guards for your metal chassis, be sure to take off the carbon fiber side guards so that you can compare part to part, carbon fiber to metal direct weight comparison. or you could just weigh each part separetly. It's up to you shano, after all; your buggy is all together and ready to go. and that has to be a great feeling. Are you still waiting for those lipo's? do you have any batteries you can run your buggy now with?
Old 07-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hyper 9e weight comparison. And Eagle Tree Data Logger Useful Functions/Information.

Sounds great shano. What batteries are you running now? brand? cell count or volts? C rating or continuous and burst amps? How much does your LiPo's weigh, each? This is data I'm going to begin to keep track of on my Hyper 9e.

PS. Happy B-day to your son.

PPS. I'm considering buying the Eagle Tree Data Logger. I want to know how many amps and mah I'm using and pulling from my LiPo's. This could be used specifically for testing purposes when I'm running a new motor and or gearing for different tracks. I like information and this info to me, has become critical. Looking forward to your weight specifications.

Ill weigh my mates 9e tomorrow cause he runs same everything as me (besides cf chassi) and ill post the weight diff tomorrow.
Nah i never recieved my batteries i just counted my loss and went else where but I got batteries now!!! ill be testing next weekend as its my sons birthday sunday and i gotta work saturday.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Arigato
Try here; scroll down the page a little:

http://www.racers-edge.com/category_s/139.htm
Originally Posted by ambo
+1 on the Racer's Edge servo horns....they are excellent...
Thanks. Do you guys suggest using the adjustable aluminum or the regular aluminum horns?
Old 07-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default servo horn

the adjustable one is way better because with the screws tightened down There will be no slop in the steering horn because the threads don't wear out. and you don't hav the chance of stripping the top gear and stripping the horn.The steering response might will be a little faster and more precise because the horns creates o-slop.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kman16jr
the adjustable one is way better because with the screws tightened down There will be no slop in the steering horn because the threads don't wear out. and you don't hav the chance of stripping the top gear and stripping the horn.The steering response might will be a little faster and more precise because the horns creates o-slop.
Sweet! Thanks yo!
Old 07-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the sad thing is the nitro hyper 9 has super nice side guards.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fallguy
Yeah, it makes absolutely no sense why the 9e does not come with side guards! So stupid!
Old 07-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Side Guards For Hyper 9e. Just Drill The Holes and Bingo. You're a winner.

I agree that Ofna could have drilled the holes in the chassis and shipped these side guards with the Hyper 9e. But then again, I think these side guards came out after the Hyper 9e arrival. Though it doesn't make sense why ofna is not shipping all current models with these side guards. My understanding is, these fit right onto the sides of the Hyper 9e chassis, once the screw holes are drilled to hold the side guards on. Most people are running these on their Hyper 9e's. In fact, nine out of ten Hyper 9e's I see at the track all have these side guards on their buggies. And I've not heard one complaint about the holes being dificult to drill. Here is the link:-)
And only Ten Dollars for the two side guards. I'd buy them if I wasn't running the carbon fiber side guards. By the way, if you want to run Carbon Fiber Side Guard, The Carbon Fiber Side Guards by MoosRacing will fit right onto the metal chassis as well. But you still need to drill the holes into the stock Hyper 9e chassis to mount the carbon fiber side guards. Or you could just stick with the Ofna Side Guards for ten dollars. Your Choice. It is good that Ofna gives this choice to Hyper 9e owners.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=21737

Originally Posted by fallguy
Old 07-02-2010, 08:02 PM

Hey mind i got the results for the weight differance between 9e with cf chassi and cnc chassi

The cf chassi is approx 400grams lighter that i weighed!!!

Old 07-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Hey mind i got the results for the weight differance between 9e with cf chassi and cnc chassi

Does that 400 grams include the side guards, shock towers, and radio tray (the complete Moosracing kit)...or just the chassis by itself?
Old 07-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Carbon Fiber Weight Savings is 400grams = 14ounces. Almost 1 Pound weight reduction.

shano, that's a huge weight reduction. I guess your friend will have a hard time keeping up with you. Your Hyper 9e will now run cooler, better acceleration, better braking, better cornering. That's what happens when your buggy loses weight.

According to my calculations, all the carbon fiber you used ie. Carbon Fiber Chassis, Side Guards, and Radio Tray. You've reduced your weight 14 ounces. keep in mind that 16 ounces is 1 Pound. You'r only two ounces away from the big Pound. That's allot of weight to lose. That's awesome, and quite honestly hard to believe. I'm not doubting you, I'm sure you were absolutely precise with your weight comparison. If you put the carbon fiber shock towers in, and the carbon fiber- center diff Top Plate. You just may get your 16 ounce total. Also, have you replaced the two very long steel screws that go into the front of your front gearbox/bulkhead, and your same two screws in the rear gearbox bulkhead? I'll post the link to them, it was the first part I changed. These long screws- Titanium, Are just under fifty dollars, and that's for four of them(that's all you need, Two in front builkhead, two in rear builkhead). Those stock Builkhead screws are quite heavy. And these Titanium screws will not break, and they're so light, you almost can't tell that they're in your hand. It's like holding a sheet of paper. check out the link, and let me know if you've already bought these. These are a great upgrade for Anyone running the Hyper 9e. weight reduction, so long as it doesn't compromise strength, is always a great choice.

Here is the Link: These are Awesome-
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=10685

PS. Congratulations Shano, You're Hyper 9e is Absolutely Awesome. Now you need someone to film you running your Hyper 9e at your local offroad track- and put it up on you tube and give us a link to it here on RCtech so we can see this bad boy in action.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.