Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I dont think I explained myself that well... I used to talk to you alot when you drove at OCRC alot.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default OCRC Raceway is 135' X 60' = 8100 Square Feet. WCRCR is 105' X 66' = 6930 Square Feet

Originally Posted by T4 Razer
I dont think I explained myself that well... I used to talk to you alot when you drove at OCRC alot.

Thank you for clearing that up. and after I posted my note to you, I realized that you may have meant what you have now specified/clarified.

Well, thank you for talking to me allot at OCRC. I just called OCRC and spoke to Robert, He's awesome, and clarified for myself, that his expanded track is now 135' x 60' = 8100Square Feet. That's 55' Feet Longer than it was previously. And West Coast RC Raceway is 105' x 66' = 6930 Square Feet. And these Measurements were given to me by Robert owner of OCRC, and Danny (owner of West Coast RC Raceway)Directly.

You should still be fine with a 2cell LiPo. But it's really about how fast your lap times are. If you're lap time is faster with the 2cell LiPo, I would run the 2cell LiPo. Just keep in mind, when you run a 2cell lipo, it needs to be a really good quality battery. I'm not saying that the Thunder Power Lipo's are the best batteries. it's just what I use at this time. I use to run the 40c 2cell and had no problems with heat. Now I use all 50c lipo's. three 2cell and three 3cell. As long as the C rating is reasonable and hopefully close to true. but what really matters is if your battery is getting hot. that's a true and direct indication that your overworking the battery, if the temperature goes up too much. Look forward to seeing you again. Now that I know OCRC has a larger track, that's certainly lit my desire to be there again. Although West Coast RC is less than one half the distance from my home. That makes a big difference when I include the Traffic Factor. Thank you for saying Hi.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah I will have to ask Robert what he uses because I believe he is using the 2650 castle motor.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Improving on Perfection & Integration of Latest Possible Technology into RC Racing.

Originally Posted by T4 Razer
Yeah I will have to ask Robert what he uses because I believe he is using the 2650 castle motor.

Let me know what you find out. and also what works for you. Setup and gearing. The 2650kv castle is a great motor. and the fact that I've not heard of one story of anyone spinning the rotor loose from the magnet is trully an achievment in design. Though the rotor problem is usually something that happens with many of the sensored motors. And not all the time either.

At this point in time, every gram of weight I can cut, I will. that's why I'm looking for the lightest possible motor without any loss of usable power. I say usable because the 2650 is litterally a Monster. that motor has so much power I never use all of it. I will still keep this motor, but I'm on a journey of trying different small motors and lightest possible weight motors. I was even asking Steve Neu if he would make me a motor with a carbon fiber can, and extra lightweight parts(ie. Titanium or ?). I will let you know what he says when he responds. I let Steve know I need a motor made of the lightest possible materials, and cost was not an issue. Let's see what he comes back with. I know the magnets are very heavy, but I do not know if a lighter weight magnet exists. That would be awesome. By the way, everything I'm doing is just for fun. The Hyper 9e is already great, stock. It's fun to improve the handling on a buggy that already outhandles all other 1/8th scale buggies. It's just improving perfection. It's part of the process of learning about the latest possible technologies and how to integrate those technologies into the Realm of RC and Accessible pricing. Talk to you soon.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Integy Rock Crawler Servo Horn. Super Tuff, Super Tight.

I've been using one of these with zero problems. They make these for Rock Crawlers, originally(I believe), but can be used for anything. I run a different servo, but this one should fit your servo. These squeeze the threads real tight, it will never come lose nor strip. Though this one has worked perfectly for me, I'm in the market for something smaller. But the problem I've faced in the past with aluminum servo horns is they always have play in them. this was the first servo horn that has zero play because those two screws you see in the picture actually tighten the horn against the servo threads. And it's super tight too. If I could find a smaller version of this I would be happy. Though that may be a price you're willing to pay for a tight fitting servo horn. Hope this helps.

Here is the Link to one such Servo Horn. (This one should fit your servo).
http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...168&p_catid=98

Originally Posted by sickwitit
What do you guys recommend for a strong metal servo horn to go with the Hitec 7940th servo? I heard the original plastic horns can be stripped out easily.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default hyper 9e

Whats up man it's kman16jr from youtube and just found your thread a couple days ago and come to tell you that those look like some great quality pieces of carbonfiber.Just got my hyper 9e from my friend yesterday for 250.I'm gonna put the castle 1800kv motor in mine with the mamba monster esc and maybe a 4s or 6s lipo for extreme runtimes.My hyper has the custom made carbon fiber driveshaft that resist bending or flexing at high speeds or in high torque applications.The reason it is on there is because my friend junior which is sponsored by castle was breaking 100+mph with the hyper and now it's mine.HE broke 100+ with a custom made nue motor that was 2800kv and used the mmm esc with a powerdege 5s lipo and some ipanema slicks.Can you post up some pics with all the carbon fiber put on the car and maybe a vid on youtube???
Old 07-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Welcome to RCtech kman-where can I buy carbon fiber drive shafts for the Hyper 9e?

Welcome to RCtech kman,
I'm happy you found the place, and thread. Welcome home.

It's awesome that you bring up a carbon fiber drive shaft. This is exactly what I've been looking for. Carbon Fiber, and or Aluminum. Can you please tell me/us where we can buy these cabron fiber drive shafts?

Congratulations on your Hyper 9e. 100+ miles per hours is super sweet.
I really hope I can get my hands on these carbon fiber drive shafts your talking about. I would like to replace the two front and two rear drive shafts with carbon fiber or aluminum. I prefer carbon fiber. and the center drive shaft with carbon fiber as well. Can you share with us here, the direct email address of who makes these parts, and or web page and phone number if possible. Thank you Kman. And welcome to this thread. RCtech is an awesome place to learn all you could wish to, about RC's and racing. I will post pictures of everything I do to my Hyper 9e, as well as assemble my Hyper 9e with all the carbon fiber parts. It would be awesome if you could order one of these carbon fiber chassis from John of MoosRacing, these chassis are sweet. Are you planning on buying one when you have the cash? there about 100.oo for the Hyper 9e. Some of the other 1/8th scale models cost up to 160.oo us dollars. take care kman. Good To See you here. and I will make videos of my Hyper 9e with carbon fiber as soon as is possible. At the moment, My Hyper 9e is remaining in peices because I'm looking for all lightweight drivetrain parts, and also waiting for my new Steve Neu motor(should arrive any day, but could be another four weeks). It's a 1409 1Y 3600kv I'm planning to run a two or three cell at the most, with. for reasons of lightweight. This motor is a rocket in the Slash 4x4, which is what Castle had this motor designed for/tested in. And I was told by Castle and many others that this motor will work well in the Hyper 9e because it's soo lightweight, even the stock Hyper 9e is lightweight, with all the carbon fiber I'll be reducing the weight by a minimum of 1/2 Pound, or 8 Ounces. That's with the carbon fiber, and 8oz motor; and other weight reduceing aspects I'm working on, such as the five carbon fiber drive shafts.

PS. kman, will you please post a few detailed close up well lit pictures of your carbon fiber drive shafts. did you use the universal mod on the front part of the center drive shaft? Are you using the front and rear gearbox dust covers, it seems bending the sway bars slightly out of the way may allow the dust covers to stay free from hanging up on the sway bars, unless someone ie ofna has come out with an updated sway bar that avoids the front and rear dust covers. I hope to see pictures of your carbon fiber drive shaft(s)soon. and please let me know where I can find these. I can't wait :-)

PPS. How did you learn about these carbon fiber drive shafts for your Hyper 9e? and if this drive shaft came with the buggy, will you please ask the original owner, or person you bought the Hyper 9e from where he bought these carbon fiber drive shafts? Thank you again kman. And if he or someone is making these carbon fiber drive shafts privately, will you ask; unless I may contact them directly; how much they will charge to make a complete set? Thank you in advance, Hope to hear from you soon. and Please, get those pictures up of your carbon fiber drive shaft, I can't wait to see this :-)

Originally Posted by kman16jr
Whats up man it's kman16jr from youtube and just found your thread a couple days ago and come to tell you that those look like some great quality pieces of carbonfiber.Just got my hyper 9e from my friend yesterday for 250.I'm gonna put the castle 1800kv motor in mine with the mamba monster esc and maybe a 4s or 6s lipo for extreme runtimes.My hyper has the custom made carbon fiber driveshaft that resist bending or flexing at high speeds or in high torque applications.The reason it is on there is because my friend junior which is sponsored by castle was breaking 100+mph with the hyper and now it's mine.HE broke 100+ with a custom made nue motor that was 2800kv and used the mmm esc with a powerdege 5s lipo and some ipanema slicks.Can you post up some pics with all the carbon fiber put on the car and maybe a vid on youtube???
Old 07-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default driveshaft

I will try to post a pick of my center carbonfiber shaft and it did come with the buggy so i will have to ask my buddy where he ordered the shaft from and as soon as i get the info i will throw it your way so you can make your buggy even more badass.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MindThoughts
I've been using one of these with zero problems. They make these for Rock Crawlers, originally(I believe), but can be used for anything. I run a different servo, but this one should fit your servo. These squeeze the threads real tight, it will never come lose nor strip. Though this one has worked perfectly for me, I'm in the market for something smaller. But the problem I've faced in the past with aluminum servo horns is they always have play in them. this was the first servo horn that has zero play because those two screws you see in the picture actually tighten the horn against the servo threads. And it's super tight too. If I could find a smaller version of this I would be happy. Though that may be a price you're willing to pay for a tight fitting servo horn. Hope this helps.

Here is the Link to one such Servo Horn. (This one should fit your servo).
http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...168&p_catid=98
This servo horn is on backorder. Any other suggestions...anyone?
Old 07-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickwitit
This servo horn is on backorder. Any other suggestions...anyone?
Try here; scroll down the page a little:

http://www.racers-edge.com/category_s/139.htm
Old 07-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

+1 on the Racer's Edge servo horns....they are excellent...
Old 07-02-2010, 01:30 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)
Default OK GUYS HERE ARE THE PICS OF MY CARBONFIBRE CHASSI

Hey guys here are the pics
The chassi is a perfect fit with everything so im absolutely thrilled.
here are a few other things i have done as well
I have used a stainless steel screw set for the whole thing and now my weight is down to as follows:
Chassi (carbonfibre) without electrics,wheels,shell,lipos = 2200grams
chassi with everything ( race ready) = 3800grams
Attached Thumbnails HoBao Hyper 9E thread-imgp1343.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-imgp1344.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-imgp1345.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-imgp1346.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-imgp1347.jpg  

Old 07-02-2010, 01:35 AM

Default More pics

Hey guys sorry bout 2 posts of pics here are the rest of the pics
Attached Thumbnails HoBao Hyper 9E thread-imgp1354.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-imgp1355.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-imgp1356.jpg  
Old 07-02-2010, 02:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Red Carbon Fiber Chassis for Hyper 9e. Sure Looks Nice.

Originally Posted by shano83
Hey guys sorry bout 2 posts of pics here are the rest of the pics

Shano, Your Hyper 9e Looks Outstanding. The red carbon fiber looks awesome. I like how you used the orange anodized screw nuts on the side guards. The red carbon fiber radio tray sure complements your red carbon fiber chassis. I like it allot.

what wing mount are you using? can you post the link, please. Looks bulletproof.

The Extreem Racing battery straps and orange anodized whashers everywhere look really awesome. I like your Hyper 9e allot. Great Job.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:31 AM

The wing mount i picked up from my lhs but here is a link to one online http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=20221

Hey mind what do yoy think of my weight of the car??
And champ when are we going to see your new chassi setup

I also have used a chassi protector from associated and its nice and thick but only thing is its a pain in the ass to do the holes.
I found the best way to do the holes was to peirce the whole with a knife then thread the screw in, mine came up nice this way!

Originally Posted by MindThoughts
Shano, Your Hyper 9e Looks Outstanding. The red carbon fiber looks awesome. I like how you used the orange anodized screw nuts on the side guards. The red carbon fiber radio tray sure complements your red carbon fiber chassis. I like it allot.

what wing mount are you using? can you post the link, please. Looks bulletproof.

The Extreem Racing battery straps and orange anodized whashers everywhere look really awesome. I like your Hyper 9e allot. Great Job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.