Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 02:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default speed passion gearing

hey guys, would like to know the best pinion gearing for the speed passion cirtix 2200kv on the hyper9? I only have the stock 14t and I'm afraid of my motor getting fried. Would zero timing make it any cooler?

Thanks!
Old 07-20-2010, 04:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J-Force
hey guys, would like to know the best pinion gearing for the speed passion cirtix 2200kv on the hyper9? I only have the stock 14t and I'm afraid of my motor getting fried. Would zero timing make it any cooler?

Thanks!
Try 12T or 11T, using 4s battery

While testing you can set the Throttle Limit Power Output Control to 30% or 40% if its not getting hot you can set it back to zero. That's number 6 on the programmable items.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

@J-Force

One more thing put red thread lock on all the screws of the speed passion motor it has a tendency to loosen, saw it happen on a race (he probably over heated the engine) so it's highly recommended.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rkhess
not trying to me a smartarse but thats a clearance issue not a gearing issue .....car was designed for a 36mm motor not a 42mm ...i also run a tekin 1900 combo 14t pinion is tight but 15t works great dont need all that timing anyway temps 150 12min main

2050 should be fine with stock gearing 14t pinion and timing not cranked all the way up ?
I tried that. No timing, 14 tooth pinion, way too hot after 15 minutes (180F). I have heard that the 1900 is more efficient than the 2050, but I haven't tried one yet. It probably doesn't help that we race on farm dirt with bigger lug tires. Next year I plan on moving to a 5S, 1550 setup for doing 20 minute mains. Several of the guys in our club run that setup and motor temps are never an issue. I just bought one of the last Hyperion 6500 packs in hopes of making 20 minutes on 4S power. I think it will make it... temps will be the issue.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:26 AM
HH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snrscion
1800kv that motor is huge have you try it yet? I had it now for a long time brand new in the box but I thought it was for a truggy.
sn - you may want to check it out because there are two(2) 1800kv Neu-Castle motors.

Neu-Castle 1512 1.5Y 1800kv motor is ideal for 1/8 buggies.
length - 67.5mm
weight - 370g

Neu-Castle 1518 1Y 1800kv motor is perfect for Monster trucks.
length - 83.5mm
weight - 453.6g

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...le_motors.html

From the way your reply reads, it would seem you may have the 1518 1y.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:45 AM
Tech Rookie

just checked yer youtube vid shano.... I have a Question, probably in regards to how you have the 9 set up. I'm having some real issues with the car being nose heavy, on the flats the thing is on rails, but off the jumps it's diving like crazy. I have had this issue before with my nitro 9 and it was fixed with a straight swap of shocks (go figure) what oils and springs are you running and what battery and it's position. I've tried moving the battery all the way back, but no joy.

Not too sure if it's my nitro trained throttle finger, seems as if you need to keep some revs up for the centrifugal effect to keep the front end up. Drag brake is off too....really stumped on this. I'm the only one with a 9e at the club, so there's no one to share setups with, painy mostly drives his nitro on club days and I never seem to remember to catch up with him and see whats going on.

btw, have you got any footage of josh or ash running that race?
Old 07-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kufman
I tried that. No timing, 14 tooth pinion, way too hot after 15 minutes (180F). I have heard that the 1900 is more efficient than the 2050, but I haven't tried one yet. It probably doesn't help that we race on farm dirt with bigger lug tires. Next year I plan on moving to a 5S, 1550 setup for doing 20 minute mains. Several of the guys in our club run that setup and motor temps are never an issue. I just bought one of the last Hyperion 6500 packs in hopes of making 20 minutes on 4S power. I think it will make it... temps will be the issue.
Matt,

Ive been running the 1400 motor on 5s in my buggy since last fall with the same temp results as the 1550 truggy motor and a little less weight. Really like that setup. BTW: Next race i am going to try running the 1900 motor on 4s. I originally bought the 1900 motor to run on 5s when they first came out but decided it was to much motor and voltage to drive consistently. Gonna try it on 4s cuz I just want to see what kind of results I get vs the 5s I normally run.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
Matt,

Ive been running the 1400 motor on 5s in my buggy since last fall with the same temp results as the 1550 truggy motor and a little less weight. Really like that setup. BTW: Next race i am going to try running the 1900 motor on 4s. I originally bought the 1900 motor to run on 5s when they first came out but decided it was to much motor and voltage to drive consistently. Gonna try it on 4s cuz I just want to see what kind of results I get vs the 5s I normally run.
Interesting. I am interested in seeing how both of those setups run. I also wonder about the 1700 on 5S.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default my ofna 9e so far

still need to mount esc,velcro, etc. and get 4s and it will be ready for its first run...more to come later..
Attached Thumbnails HoBao Hyper 9E thread-004.jpg  
Old 07-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nukem
@J-Force

One more thing put red thread lock on all the screws of the speed passion motor it has a tendency to loosen, saw it happen on a race (he probably over heated the engine) so it's highly recommended.

Thanks Nukem, that was the first thing i did on the motor.. it happened to my friend during a race, the screws loosened and that caused the rotor to mis-allign, then overheated and fried to death..lol!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hopped up hyper
just checked yer youtube vid shano.... I have a Question, probably in regards to how you have the 9 set up. I'm having some real issues with the car being nose heavy, on the flats the thing is on rails, but off the jumps it's diving like crazy. I have had this issue before with my nitro 9 and it was fixed with a straight swap of shocks (go figure) what oils and springs are you running and what battery and it's position. I've tried moving the battery all the way back, but no joy.

Not too sure if it's my nitro trained throttle finger, seems as if you need to keep some revs up for the centrifugal effect to keep the front end up. Drag brake is off too....really stumped on this. I'm the only one with a 9e at the club, so there's no one to share setups with, painy mostly drives his nitro on club days and I never seem to remember to catch up with him and see whats going on.

what shocks and pistons are you running, when i got mine it had small hole pistons in it and it was a pig to drive
Old 07-21-2010, 02:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by tail gator
what shocks and pistons are you running, when i got mine it had small hole pistons in it and it was a pig to drive
all stock mate. The car is dialed on the rest of the track, just wants to bury it's nose in the ground off the jumps.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:26 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

Hey hopped try checking your ride height, If the front is lower than rear that can also cause the car to nose dive.

As for my shocks I have hobao 30 weight in f/r with stock springs (grey springs)

Yeah i got abit of footage of ashman and painy ill be uploading soon
Old 07-21-2010, 02:29 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

all stock mate. The car is dialed on the rest of the track, just wants to bury it's nose in the ground off the jumps.
OOOps didnt see this lol check ya ride height if front is lower than rear that will cause nose diving
Old 07-21-2010, 06:23 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks man! Will check it out and have a play.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.