Search
Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by knowitall156
I'll tell you what, that thing looks exactly like what I was hoping for with the V4. If it's dialed, I'll buy one. I've bought stuff from you before and you're clearly a fabricator cuz your stuff is top notch.
It is a V4, my version of the V4! I was hoping the same thing. Thanks Bud, I appreciate the kind words.......
Old 11-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
It is a V4, my version of the V4! I was hoping the same thing. Thanks Bud, I appreciate the kind words.......
Call it the v5
Old 11-24-2013, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That thing is rad. You did exactly what I wanted to do. Hard to believe it took someone this long to do it(I have had the car for 3 months and was already looking for a way to do it).

You should set up a kickstarter project and get these things made en masse...

I don't think you would have much problems selling them. I'd cancel my Xb4 if I could buy this for this car.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Guys another update. Just installed the electronics. Please don't be harsh the wiring is only temporary. I need to order some pigtails and fit the body. First thoughts/opinion. I think this thing is going to be sick. Took it for a quick spin in the driveway. I could get on it and brake hard with no loss of control, I even bumped the current limiter up, which is a no no for me. Very stable. Next is some on track testing......

Looks great. +1 on the sign me up for ordering one. Lol. I like how the saddle packs are easer to get out like the b44 .

How.much longer is your chassis?
Old 11-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Adding length isn't the key to this... mounting the batteries longitudinally is. So the extra width is really what makes it possible...
Old 11-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ekt
TD do a rear diff loop that wont move #TD310208.

Check if your buggy has the crush spacers installed in the hubs, not having them is the main cause of binding when tightening the wheel nut.
I did dent check for crush rubes yet but I figured out the noise and the binding issue. There was metal shavings from the front driving gear that goes to the gear inside the diff housing. Cleaned it all out and put some black grease on them and made sure it was coated as much as needed. Put it back together and the only noise now is the spur/pinion. Guess the guy I bought it from forgot to put grease on the gears. Just nice that they were still in good shape. I was very surprised and happy on how easy it is to pull the front diff out. About 15 min faster/easer then my losi scte. Thanks for the help everyone.

On a side note. I was thinking of picking up a new spur. I ran a 6min main last night running 87/24 with a 10.5 lrpx12. Small indoor track and got the motor to 165* and the esc about 130*. I'm OK with the esc heat but the motor was a little hot esp when it was only about 70* temp at the facility. Any suggestions on gearing? Might eventually pick up a orion 8.5 but until then I'd really like to get the most out of my motor now. I know the binding and the diff might have not helped temps. But when I went to hit the triple I could use a little more Grunt from the bottom. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BillyT.
Adding length isn't the key to this... mounting the batteries longitudinally is. So the extra width is really what makes it possible...
Well if you modified the side pods and made your own longitude mount holes you might be able to get them the other way as well. Could probably even get a shorty pack in depending on what application you wanted.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Great idea for sure. This was more like what I was expecting for the v4. So many times when I was driving my SC410 and the 4w buggy I felt the SC truck was just smoother to drive because of the center diff. So many other factors but it was always easy to go fast in pro4. The buggy always takes me a little more time.

Has anyone tried the new slipper center diff. I was personally never a big fan of it in the SC10 4x4 truck. Might work great with buggy tires and normal 4w power.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by socal23
Well if you modified the side pods and made your own longitude mount holes you might be able to get them the other way as well. Could probably even get a shorty pack in depending on what application you wanted.

People run shorty packs. Not sure what exactly the have to mod but it isn't much from what I remember.

But yeah, you could probably get pretty close to this with the std chassis, mounting the batteries longitudinally, running a wider body, and just drilling some holes for the SC diff mount... No where near as nice as this new chassis, but it may be possible.

But turning the batteries... gives you in inch of space to work with, with the same wheelbase.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

On a side note. I was thinking of picking up a new spur. I ran a 6min main last night running 87/24 with a 10.5 lrpx12. Small indoor track and got the motor to 165* and the esc about 130*.
IMO, your gearing is spot on. 165 isn't too bad... not great after only 6 minutes, but not terrible either. Maybe play with timing as little bit. But if you only run 6 min at a time, I wouldn't sweat it.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BillyT.
IMO, your gearing is spot on. 165 isn't too bad... not great after only 6 minutes, but not terrible either. Maybe play with timing as little bit. But if you only run 6 min at a time, I wouldn't sweat it.
I had my throttle on my tx at 120 many I'll pull it down to 95 and run it again. I know by the end of the race my motor was getting tired from the heat. I'll come off the tx throttle end point and run it again, if that doesn't help I'll go down a pinion. I like how my esc feels. Everything was spot on but the heat. We have a small straight so the 1 tooth off the pinion won't kill me. Thanks for the reply.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

I had my throttle on my tx at 120 many I'll pull it down to 95 and run it again. I know by the end of the race my motor was getting tired from the heat. I'll come off the tx throttle end point and run it again, if that doesn't help I'll go down a pinion. I like how my esc feels. Everything was spot on but the heat. We have a small straight so the 1 tooth off the pinion won't kill me. Thanks for the reply.
I would check motor end bell timing first, I think that was what BillyT was referring to. Esc boost and end bell timing will add top end (and higher temps usually), little lower pinion will get you the bottom grunt you are looking for.. I dont usually mess with my Tx end points unless the track gets suddenly wet and/or slippery..It just changes the way the power delivery feels too much, for me anyways.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

I don't think it has timing. I'll check that as well thank you. Did dent even think about it I've been running 1/8 and sc 4x4 I forgot about end bell timing lol
Old 11-25-2013, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Guys another update. Just installed the electronics. Please don't be harsh the wiring is only temporary. I need to order some pigtails and fit the body. First thoughts/opinion. I think this thing is going to be sick. Took it for a quick spin in the driveway. I could get on it and brake hard with no loss of control, I even bumped the current limiter up, which is a no no for me. Very stable. Next is some on track testing......

Did you have to use different drive shafts to accommodate the center diff? It sort of looks like that center diff is the same length as the slipper. Either way, awesome job!
Old 11-25-2013, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Looks great. +1 on the sign me up for ordering one. Lol. I like how the saddle packs are easer to get out like the b44 .

How.much longer is your chassis?
+8 I made it longer because I needed to for the center diff

Originally Posted by RC10Nick

Did you have to use different drive shafts to accommodate the center diff? It sort of looks like that center diff is the same length as the slipper. Either way, awesome job!

The center diff is longer, the reason for making the chassis longer to use shorter center cvds. Thanks guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.