Search
Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tksnobords
i'm not sure how he sold you a tekin rsx...since tekin said it won't be released til later this month. maybe you bought it from a tekin team driver or something. but anyway...you should be good to go once you get to your track man. i run the nano tech's in my dex410 and the Nano Tech A-spec battery in my sct and i like them.
haha, I don't have the RSX. I pre ordered it from Amain since I'll be stuck on this ship until December at least. I wonder how many others are waiting for Nov. 17th to roll around like it's Christmas Day lol. Thanks for the help everyone, way easier just to click on this one favorite, go make a coffee and have a shower so when I get back this page is up!
Old 11-09-2013, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Just ran my DEX410 for the first time. Wow....I've laid my fastest lap with it so far and finished 3rd in the Amain. 1st and 2nd are very, very good drivers. A few guys broke during the main so that helped, but the buggy just felt great.

Only issue I had was on a few hard landings, my esc (RS Gen 2) reboots itself as if I turned it off then on. I'm going to cut the on/off switch and solder those wires together. I think the switch is getting jarred.

Temps were good with the RS and 8.5T neither above 130 degrees after 10 minutes of track time.

I find this buggy much easier to drive smoothly compared to my B44.2. Turn in was much better and it didn't push like the B44.2 does. Obviously the cars are both setup differently, but I think i'm a convert to the 410.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:12 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamesbernatchez
Just ran my DEX410 for the first time. Wow....I've laid my fastest lap with it so far and finished 3rd in the Amain. 1st and 2nd are very, very good drivers. A few guys broke during the main so that helped, but the buggy just felt great.

Only issue I had was on a few hard landings, my esc (RS Gen 2) reboots itself as if I turned it off then on. I'm going to cut the on/off switch and solder those wires together. I think the switch is getting jarred.

Temps were good with the RS and 8.5T neither above 130 degrees after 10 minutes of track time.

I find this buggy much easier to drive smoothly compared to my B44.2. Turn in was much better and it didn't push like the B44.2 does. Obviously the cars are both setup differently, but I think i'm a convert to the 410.
Do your wires hang over the ESC buttons? During hard landings the wires can press the buttons causing it to go into the programming mode.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

A few wires do now, but there were no wires over the esc the first few times it happened.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'm almost positive it's not the switch. Move your power wires, or secure them so that they cannot contact the speedo.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Had this happen with many Gen 1 Tekins. Try swapping out the receiver just to test.

Usually, after replacing/swapping out every component trying to diagnose, I've had to end up sending it back to Tekin for repair.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default shock towers

has anyone here ran the aluminum shock towers and then switched to the cf towers.wanting top know what was felt in the car when changing.more stability,better steering,bettter handling in different situations?let me know what u guys think.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

another thing, is your esc switch mounted so the "off" position is toward the front of the the buggy? if so, a hard landing on the front bumper can cause a loose switch to slide far enough forward to turn off. but i've only had that happen on basher trucks. now i mount all my switches with "on" in the forward position
Old 11-09-2013, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tobamiester
Had this happen with many Gen 1 Tekins. Try swapping out the receiver just to test.

Usually, after replacing/swapping out every component trying to diagnose, I've had to end up sending it back to Tekin for repair.
also a good suggestion. you could need a power cap or BEC. i noticed my servo would cause my esc to cut out once in a while.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Hey guys, need some recommendations for a starting setup for a high bite carpet track. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Whoops, wrong thread.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I have a question for everybody. I am running my V3 at our big race here and when I let off the throttle the buggy acts as if there is drag brake bad (there is no drag brake though). Anybody else experience this? It accelerates great and theres nothing binding, it rolls free. I ended up putting some push control on it and sub trimmed the throttle up till its barely spinning to help. Just wanna figure out whats causing this. Thanks!

Tekin RS Pro
Reedy Sonic Mach 2 7.0t (pinion has plenty of play btw the spur also)
Old 11-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bradp29
has anyone here ran the aluminum shock towers and then switched to the cf towers.wanting top know what was felt in the car when changing.more stability,better steering,bettter handling in different situations?let me know what u guys think.
Get the composite 6mm shock towers they are more durable compared to CF or aluminum shock tower.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ekt
Do your wires hang over the ESC buttons? During hard landings the wires can press the buttons causing it to go into the programming mode.
Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner. My battery wires were hanging over the program buttons. I removed the On/Off switch and when it still happened I just sat down and started to look at it. That's when I realized what was happening. So a few hours of thinking and deciding on a new layout has it looking like below. No more issues and it seems to work great so far!

Old 11-09-2013, 08:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner. My battery wires were hanging over the program buttons. I removed the On/Off switch and when it still happened I just sat down and started to look at it. That's when I realized what was happening. So a few hours of thinking and deciding on a new layout has it looking like below. No more issues and it seems to work great so far!
Looks good too, nice and tidy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.